Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Thorny,I agree. But at the same time we were a bottom team with these same guys. Eichel, Rhisto and Rhino were part of the losing. The problem it would seem is not building around them. Obviously the decision makers chose to start over fresh and build from the ground  up. My hunch is it was a choice made for them because Jack is unhappy here and Rhino wanted out. The franchise has been poorly operated and they're paying the price for it. I don't hold KA responsible for any of this. Whether he can get the job done and do it free of Pegula interference is questionable but right now KA is working with the hand dealt him. I do question his decisions on goalkeeper.

I definitely feel that way for the most part. I can’t hold Staal or Hall against him since their complete collapse wasn’t even analytically likely.

His one major problem is his lack of an ability to acquire a goalie. Part of that can be chalked up to the market and the 3 goalie rule from last year however

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

His one major problem is his lack of an ability to acquire a goalie. Part of that can be chalked up to the market and the 3 goalie rule from last year however

I also wonder if GMKA has a goalie return planned as part of an Eichel trade. I'm holding off on my goalie situation condemnation thoughts until after Jack Jack is resolved.

(And don't forget his potential score of future goalie depth with the add of Levi in the Samson trade return)

Worst case scenario, we have our existing poor goalie lineup that keeps our record in solid drafting position for next year's stellar draft class, while at the same time the new young core gets their development this year under Meatballs. Next year will be much more important to have a solid stable of goalies.  And who knows, maybe 6K surprises us (and the league) by the end of this year. One can dream.

Go Sabres! 

Edited by Jävə Keith
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point I expect that Jack won't be traded until the spring at the earliest. He'll get a surgery of some kind once he realizes the Sabres are fine with holding him hostage on LTIR for as long as needed or he actually wins a medical arbitration case. Then he can rehab and get back to 100%. Then he gets traded.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, darksabre said:

At this point I expect that Jack won't be traded until the spring at the earliest. He'll get a surgery of some kind once he realizes the Sabres are fine with holding him hostage on LTIR for as long as needed or he actually wins a medical arbitration case. Then he can rehab and get back to 100%. Then he gets traded.

Might as well fast forward my life for a year for this season. This is going to be all time miserable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ll take a guess at answering my own question.  I think Eichel continues to refuse the fusion surgery, and before the season begins, the Sabres suspend him without pay. 

And that is a hell of a trump card that the Sabres hold.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

This seems the most likely path, unless Brisson can sweet talk a GM into accepting disc replacement and paying the freight.

Because Adams has failed at both, and at getting Jack to accept the situation — although most here seem to think that is a success, not a failure.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This seems the most likely path, unless Brisson can sweet talk a GM into accepting disc replacement and paying the freight.

Because Adams has failed at both, and at getting Jack to accept the situation — although most here seem to think that is a success, not a failure.

I'm neither here nor there on whether or not Adams is succeeding. I just think this whole thing was sort of...inevitable. Which is why I haven't been killing myself to debate it much or worry about if/when it was going to get done.

An extremely valuable player wanting to be traded while simultaneously very injured was always going to be a heavy lift. A quick resolution, knowing the facts of the situation, just seemed out of the question. And that is bearing itself out.

I don't think the Pegulas care at this point if it makes them look bad, the damage is done. They'll hold Jack hostage as long as they need to. This turned from a skirmish into a siege months ago and it won't be ending anytime soon. And the longer it goes on, the less newsworthy it will be when he is finally traded. He won't be around the team so that's all that matters to them I think.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

200 + pages of hand wringing.😃

ONLY?

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So neutral until anything actually happens is not an option?

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If Brisson had the wherewithal to do that, it already would have been accomplished so, apparently, he’s as inept as Adams in that regard. I suspect there are 31 other medical staffs around the league who agree with the Sabres’s doctors as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Might as well fast forward my life for a year for this season. This is going to be all time miserable.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

And that is a hell of a trump card that the Sabres hold.

Jack wants the Sabres to allow him his ADR surgery, but also guarantee his contract if it doesn't work out. Jack really only has one choice: get that surgery against the Sabres wishes. The Sabres could sue or void his deal. But the smart move is to wait until he rehabs and see how it turns out. If he can play, trade him. If he's ruined from it, void his deal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jack wants the Sabres to allow him his ADR surgery, but also guarantee his contract if it doesn't work out. Jack really only has one choice: get that surgery against the Sabres wishes. The Sabres could sue or void his deal. But the smart move is to wait until he rehabs and see how it turns out. If he can play, trade him. If he's ruined from it, void his deal.

Hasn’t the rehab already taken place over the last 6 months?

[edited]I misunderstood.  My mistake. 

Edited by LabattBlue

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m not sure if it would help, but I wonder if at some point Bettman and Co. get involved?  This is a bad look for a league that is distant 4th in North America, and involves one of the leagues premier players. 

Really how? At the next GM meeting Bettman will tell all the other GM's to stop trying to low ball Kevin Adams and the Sabres and trade fairly and nicely for Jack Eichel.  That always worked back in school when the teacher said to play nice with Billy..............until the teacher walked away.  😃

• Haha (+1) 1