Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How is that not  Reasonable to ask for ? You're basically giving up 2nd round picks and roster player and 2 prospects. 

That's the same  asking price for the wild

It isn’t. Your price is four firsts, an elite prospect and a very good young NHL top-six winger. The Minnesota price being discussed  is two elite prospects, a first and some contracts to match.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

A few weeks ago, I would’ve said Fox + Shesterkin/Georgiev as a starting point, with Kakko or Laf, but now the Sabres have 3 G prospects and as good as Fox is, they have Dahlin and Power.

I'd love to have Georgiev in Blue and Gold

Edited by Norcal
Sp

1 hour ago, wsam4031 said:

Unfortunately GMKA isnt smart or savvy enough to get a haul like that. Hell get a bunch of picks and blow them on grigorienko thpe players. Cant wait to see what garbage we get for him. Hes under contract just keep him and if he dont wanna play let him sit out for the next 5 years 

This is tucking stupid 

2 minutes ago, PP Slapper said:

This is tucking stupid 

Perhaps.  But I'd feel way more comfortable with someone who's done this more than a year and isn't operating directly under the watchful eye of the owner.  

This is as close to make or break for a NHL GM as it gets.  And for all the talk about rebuilding, they're tearing down right now...building up is as difficult or even more so.  The closer you get to being really good the harder. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

A few weeks ago, I would’ve said Fox + Shesterkin/Georgiev as a starting point, with Kakko or Laf, but now the Sabres have 3 G prospects and as good as Fox is, they have Dahlin and Power.

I wonder if Georgiev can be had in a side deal?

I don't know what their goaltending depth is currently. 

The Sabres are not asking for Riley Smith. This guy is getting used by someone in Vegas.

Rossi from Minny or Krebs from Vegas are probably the top realistic stud centres they can get back in package deals. Hopefully rumblings of Vegas has turned up the heat on Guerin in Minny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Hmm…

Standing firm on that 2nd round pick plus our 11th-best prospect isn’t cutting it Chris.

Do you think we should throw in Kevin Rooney?

Say, didja ever wonder why it takes so long to make a hockey trade?

I'll give LGR, Hoss and Wild 60 Minutes and they still won't get the reference.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, I-90 W said:

My only fear is that him still being on the team will create some type of media circus, but we will see. If so, at least we’ll still be able to wear our Eichel jerseys a bit longer I suppose. Not that I want to now.

Meh.  My only "current" (okay, no longer current) jersey was Reino.

4 hours ago, stenbaro said:

I would tell Eichel, sign this agreement for your surgery " If you choose to have this surgery, and you are unable to play up to your level of contract you signed, you will repay every cent earned and payed to date. You will sign a new contract for the level of your ability after the surgery. "  If the surgery works and you are a 100% go, when you are healthy we will trade you. 

We are not going to trade you until you are healthy, the ball is in your court son. 

End of story

"payed"?

• Haha (+1) 1