Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Getting a lot warmer.

Smith: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/33903/reilly-smith

• 30 year old LW/RW with 14G 11A 25P in 53GP on a down year (22G 17A 39P on an 82GP pace), but has recorded 0.72PPG over the last four seasons.  $5M AAV with one year left on the contract.  Player usage and possession stats look good as a good two-way forward, including even WOWY away from top linemates Marchessault and Karlsson.  Smith has the best CF/60 among VGK forwards after those two.

Krebs: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/322178/peyton-krebs

• Krebs is the 2019 17th overall pick C/LW 5'11" that's been lighting up the WHL (13G 30A 43P in 24GP), leading the league in assists and points, and is poised to break into the NHL.  His current NHLe is 44P in 82GP.  Krebs is VGK's best prospect.  Krebs has not yet burned a year of his ELC, which will last three more years until after 2023-24.

Hague: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/253977/nicolas-hague

• Hague is the 34th overall pick from 2017.  6'6" left-shooting physical two-way defenseman.  5G 12A 17P in 52GP and decent possession stats this season playing sheltered minutes for VGK.  ELC expires at the end of the season.  Hague had the best CA/60 and xGA/60 among VGK defensemen.

1st round pick

• Best guess in the 22-28 range.

Definitely worthy of consideration.

I’ll echo the above: if that’s the ask, the Knights would be foolish not to take it. Smells more like the offer.

And my god, does it resemble the Peca, Wilson and a 1st return for Mogilny. Hope it works out that well.

Looks a lot like what I’ve been increasingly expecting. Disappointing for sure, but at least it would fill my minimum return of one blue-chipper.

• Like (+1) 1

Look, Eichel is a bonafide Hart candidate when healthy. His health is a risk. Krebs reaching his ceiling is also a risk. Just as likely to be an issue. The risk there cancels out IMO - trading a player of Eichel's caliber for a prospect with Krebs projection is a massive downgrade, and I really like Krebs. Does a late first round pick, a not good roster player, and a reasonable D prospect bridge that gap?

Of course not. 

Might be the best deal we see though. Urgh. 

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’ll echo the above: if that’s the ask, the Knights would be foolish not to take it. Smells more like the offer.

And my god, does it resemble the Peca, Wilson and a 1st return for Mogilny. Hope it works out that well.

Looks a lot like what I’ve been increasingly expecting. Disappointing for sure, but at least it would fill my minimum return of one blue-chipper.

The only way that worked was Peca and the 1st ended up Jay McKee but even so Mogilny was still great after he left here. Wilson wasnt all that great the best thing from him was shipping him to Florida for Rhett Warnerer.

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm definitely not convinced that's the Sabres' ask. The Sabres don't leak, and other parties have an interest in leaking a "Sabres ask" lower than reality, not higher or matching reality

Yeah it seems a stretch this was leaked out. 

13 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We only need a second team to set off a bidding war. The Vegas offer is … ok. Not a home run. 

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm definitely not convinced that's the Sabres' ask. The Sabres don't leak, and other parties have an interest in leaking a "Sabres ask" lower than reality, not higher or matching reality

I can see it being a Sabres leak.

It gives other parties back door insight into how they might present a counter-offer to bridge the gap without the Sabres actually weakening their bargaining position by presenting it themselves.

Guerin can say “I can pay that: Rossi Addison Rask and a 1st”

Or Blake: Turcotte Faber Kempe and a first.

Then Adams counters with “change Faber to Bjornfot and we’ve got a deal” or some such.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The only way that worked was Peca and the 1st ended up Jay McKee but even so Mogilny was still great after he left here. Wilson wasnt all that great the best thing from him was shipping him to Florida for Rhett Warnerer.

Krebs can certainly have a Peca-type ceiling. And Hague’s upside can be McKee.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

How about 

Smith + hague + krebs + theodore + 2022 1st for Eichel and hagg ? 

I like the idea of adding theodore and shipping off a lefty

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is now (sorry, Thorny) too good to be true.

Of course we have to reverse botterill the D in this trade, of course lol 

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Vegas is the worst possible place

They are definitely not. They have the prize in Krebs that should be at the top of any Eichel deal which is the most important piece. Tuch should have a ton of appeal here, as well. He’s a guy I could see wearing the C.

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

How about 

Smith + hague + krebs + theodore + 2022 1st for Eichel and hagg ? 

They’re not moving Theodore. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league and is under control on a very good contract.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They are definitely not. They have the prize in Krebs that should be at the top of any Eichel deal which is the most important piece. Tuch should have a ton of appeal here, as well. He’s a guy I could see wearing the C.

They’re not moving Theodore. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league and is under control on a very good contract.

Tuch and Krebs should be the starting point imo

• Like (+1) 3