Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This isn’t shuffling chairs on the deck. This is getting people off of the Titanic, while looking for other people to get onto the next version of it. 

This analogy is so.... almost good.  But in the end it ultimately fails.  I wanted to work so bad.

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

SJ’s 1st round pick says Vegas-Sabres talks have heated up.

... what?

Oh, I realize you're referring to He Who Must Not Be Named from HockeyBuzzkill. That's useless info for me.

Edited by Hoss

Yo...

Might be beneficial to wait for the dust to settle from FA before finalizing a deal for John.

At least one team (VGK, MIN, LA, etc) will be on the outside looking in once all the top names are signed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, stenbaro said:

Spelling Nazi has nothing of substance to add, so there’s the Nazi’s contribution. Thank you for your thought. 

Oh I thought everyone else pretty effectively shredded your idea.  I was just having fun.

Edited by Doohickie

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

It isn’t. Your price is four firsts, an elite prospect and a very good young NHL top-six winger. The Minnesota price being discussed  is two elite prospects, a first and some contracts to match.

How is it 4 first? The 2 first round picks are going to be basically 2nds 

If we get the wild it be around 16 or 17 that's the difference or lower 

What's the difference  

Rossi = Krebs

Boldy =Dean 

1st = 2022 , 2023 first 

Dumba or Fiala = Alex Tuch

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How is it 4 first? The 2 first round picks are going to be basically 2nds 

If we get the wild it be around 16 or 17 that's the difference or lower 

What's the difference  

Rossi = Krebs

Boldy =Dean 

1st = 2022 , 2023 first 

Dumba or Fiala = Alex Tuch

Your original proposal also mentioned a conditional second that becomes a first if they win the cup so I guess that's more likely a second than a first but that's an asset you're missing here in your mentioned proposal. It was that pick that I said made the deal too much.

But I also don't believe that any team will let you tell them their two first rounders is worth another team's one first rounder unless it's something like Vegas versus Arizona/Columbus or the like. Vegas would tell you to get lost if you tried telling them two of their firsts are worse less or the same as one from Minnesota.

8 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Yeah, probably wouldn’t be a good sign for other players the team might want to lure in the future. 

He signed a contract. Nobody forced him to do that. Start winning and everything is good. I bet most of the players we have arent happy with the losing going on here but they keep playing. 

8 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Surprised I'm waking up to no deal. I figured a 1am'er was coming.

How many other people checked sabrespace to look for a Jack deal as soon as they woke up?  I know I did lol.  Hopefully something is done this morning before FA opens. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, SDS said:

Someone should have offered one.

totally agree...find it hard to believe that was the best offer we could get for Sam. We have seen many "rental" players move at the trade deadline for much better then that. Clearly GMKA was in a big rush to move Sam regardless of return  and it shows. Next will be Jack and another package of completely under-whelming pieces...

18 minutes ago, wsam4031 said:

He signed a contract. Nobody forced him to do that. Start winning and everything is good. I bet most of the players we have arent happy with the losing going on here but they keep playing. 

That’s correct. He chose to sign a contract. Other players will realize it’s a bad idea to sign a contract with the Buffalo Sabres.

13 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

totally agree...find it hard to believe that was the best offer we could get for Sam. We have seen many "rental" players move at the trade deadline for much better then that. Clearly GMKA was in a big rush to move Sam regardless of return  and it shows. Next will be Jack and another package of completely under-whelming pieces...

Think it's probably the best we could get from an RFA Reinhart - at the least put wheels in motion towards the change in culture. He wasn't signing past RFA, why gamble until the deadline ... then what, they're looking at a guaranteed 20+ 1st rounder? Obviously could get more, could get less, but the risk/reward of keeping Samonsite on the roster for a possible deadline trade is questionable at best.

Edited by Shmuffalo