Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I think this puts Dhalin on the right side.

Highly unlikely. Very uncommon in the NHL in top 4and almost non-existent on top pair. Why weaken your best player to aid a depth D

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

If that's the ask,  Vegas should do it

Vegas is a great team that can very easily add Eichel to turn their weakness into the best unit in the NHL, without subtracting much of anything from the roster that makes them great. It doesn't make sense for them to NOT do it. 

Karlsson - Eichel - Marchessault
Pacioretty - Danault - Stone
Janmark - Stephenson - Tuch
Carrier - Kolesar - Janmark

Theodore - Holden
Whitecloud - Pietrangelo
Martinez - McNabb

I mean come on 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's a nice little trade off for that bit of extra experience and skill he'd give us right now. 

Does anyone think Smith is the ask because Adams wants the asset he'll flip him for and isn't interested in the competitive upgrade Tuch would bring? Or is it just too much from Vegas 

I have to imagine that Adams would prefer Tuch, but they've come to this point, and if this truly is OUR ask it's our final ask. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vegas is a great team that can very easily add Eichel to turn their weakness into the best unit in the NHL, without subtracting much of anything from the roster that makes them great. It doesn't make sense for them to NOT do it. 

Theodore - Holden
Whitecloud - Pietrangelo
Martinez - McNabb

I mean come on 

And according to many posters, Murray and his tank will be responsible for us stocking that team to greatness. 

With McNabb

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Theodore - Holden
Whitecloud - Pietrangelo
Martinez - McNabb

I mean come on 

what's the total cap on that team?  I have to think it's well over.  They need to cut salary.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

And according to many posters, Murray and his tank will be responsible for us stocking that team to greatness. 

With McNabb

To be fair McNabb was a high prospect at the time though. We all liked him. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have to imagine that Adams would prefer Tuch, but they've come to this point, and if this truly is OUR ask it's our final ask. 

Our expectations for this trade have been beaten down for so long (zegras + 3OA was met with ehhhhhh) that we'll see a lot of pretty satisfied takes if the deal being proposed ends up happening 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Digger said:

what's the total cap on that team?  I have to think it's well over.  They need to cut salary.

Just off the top of my head it's probably the difference between Smith and Eichel over the cap. I also used Janmark twice. 

Just now, Thorny said:

Our expectations for this trade have been beaten down for this trade for so long (zegras + 3OA was met with ehhhhhh) that we'll see a lot of pretty satisfied takes if the deal being proposed is the deal. 

Yup. I was trading 10th place Hart finish Eichel at the beginning of all of this. I now understand that we will not be letting him rehab his value to that point before making the trade. 

We will be getting back enough for him that combined with our asset pool, while it's disappointing, I don't think it'll be franchise-crippling as we head to the next stage

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, darksabre said:

So this has to be the first confirmed trade package offer for Eichel, right?

I wouldn’t call it confirmed. Kennedy isn’t someone I find reliable and has a history of nonsensical Buffalo takes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Just off the top of my head it's probably the difference between Smith and Eichel over the cap. I also used Janmark twice. 

Yup. I was trading 10th place Hart finish Eichel at the beginning of all of this. I now understand that we will not be letting him rehab his value to that point before making the trade. 

We will be getting back enough for him that combined with our asset pool, while it's disappointing, I don't think it'll be franchise-crippling as we head to the next stage

Doesn't look like a ROR trade, for sure. That's probably part of the goal, actually. 

Oh, Jack was 8th for the Hart

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Easy no for me. Their first is barely worth a damn thing and I’m skeptical about Hague’s ability to be anything more than a second or third pairing dman. So it’s basically Eichel for Krebs and two low-chance lottery tickets.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hague honestly makes a lot of sense, Vegas has a lot of money tied up on D now, i don't think they'd be able to give him the next contract he'll earn 

Hague and Hagg?  What other similar phonetic names can we trade for?

• Haha (+1) 3

Hague Krebs a dump vet and a late first. Could be worse. Has better upside than a lot of other ideas and the ages doesn’t push out the rebuild 5 years 

Vegas gives up nothing immediately threatening cup runs for a few years. They can worry about the farm after cups

Edited by triumph_communes

20 minutes ago, Digger said:

I know we suggested Tuch who's a better player than Smith.  Smith only has one year at 4.5, Tuch is signed for 5 years at 4.75.  Maybe that's too long for Adams to have someone taking a spot from the younger kids.

That's not much salary relief for Vegas.  I would think they want to shed more salary from their roster.

I like Krebs and Hague.

How about the Sabres retain some of Jack's money this year and they throw in a 2023 3rd.  Sabres won't be anywhere near the cap this year.

I just want to get this over with!