Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

This is a staring contest. Adams has no reason to blink.

I personally feel Drury is blinking constantly after he couldn't trade 2 used cigarettes and the gum off the MSG urinal cakes for Eichel. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do you follow the team? I'm asking because they have a new director of amateur scouting, a new analytics head, and new assistant gm since the Quinn pick. 

Yea i know they got karmanos and those guys but i guess im just not on board for another rebuild and thats obviously where this team is going

36 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t see the appeal the Sabres would have in a 30 year old Smith, an okay prospect in Krebs, a projected bottom pairing D in Hague, and a 1st that would probably be near the dead end of the 1st round. 
🤷‍♂️

I think people can reasonably disagree with your player evaluations on Krebs and Hague.

4 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Despite the chatter, I'm still skeptical that anybody is offering anything remotely worth considering.  Forget Krebs, Rossi, Byfield, Zegras, etc., at best we'll get an offer the second best prospect from any of these teams.  Eichel remains a Sabre.

Eventually, one of them will offer Rossi or Byfield or Zegras to beat their competitors. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is a staring contest. Adams has no reason to blink.

No, he doesn’t, unless TPegs is pressuring him like he did with ROR and there’s no reason to right now. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok if it was Alex Tuch , Krebs,  Dean 2022 first , 2023 first ,  (And  conditional 2nd) turns to a first if they win the cup 

That's the deal 

That’s not happening nor is it a reasonable ask.

Just now, I-90 W said:

Can you imagine Jack in Vegas and going deep into the playoffs next year and maybe even raising the cup? Ugh. 

I’d be fine with it and wouldn’t care. I only care about the position this team is in. It’s not good.

Just now, Hoss said:

I’d be fine with it and wouldn’t care. I only care about the position this team is in. It’s not good.

I only care about this team too. But I didn’t like having to hear RORs comments, and I certainly didn’t like seeing him win the cup right after. Many other average Sabres fans probably felt the same way. This would be like that, but even more so because of what we had to suffer through to get him. 

3 minutes ago, wsam4031 said:

Im not late to the party i just thought theyd get a decent roster player for reinhart. 

The Sabres aren’t looking for roster players, and haven’t stated that was their intent at all when they decided they were going to trade 3 of their best players. They made it clear they are/were looking for prospects and picks, to start over. 

This isn’t shuffling chairs on the deck. This is getting people off of the Titanic, while looking for other people to get onto the next version of it. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Can you imagine Jack in Vegas and going deep into the playoffs next year and maybe even raising the cup? Ugh. 

If it helped Buffalo, I don’t care.  I’m seeing too many people who are just afraid to see a player leave Buffalo and succeed.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Curt said:

If it helped Buffalo, I don’t care.  I’m seeing too many people who are just afraid to see a player leave Buffalo and succeed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying don’t pull the trigger on it. I’m just thinking out loud, it could be rough come playoff time. That’s all. 

I’m having a sneaking feeling that there are not good offers out there.  Call it Sabres inflicted PTSD, but if a deal isn’t done tomorrow morning, what’s the hold up for teams?  It’s only going to get harder from both sides’ perspective as cap space gets used up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The Sabres aren’t looking for roster players, and haven’t stated that was their intent at all when they decided they were going to trade 3 of their best players. They made it clear they are/were looking for prospects and picks, to start over. 

I know well thats the issue i have. 

7 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I only care about this team too. But I didn’t like having to hear RORs comments, and I certainly didn’t like seeing him win the cup right after. Many other average Sabres fans probably felt the same way. This would be like that, but even more so because of what we had to suffer through to get him. 

I’m glad he did because the Blues have the best logo in sports and putting it next to the cup was cool.

9 minutes ago, wsam4031 said:

I know well thats the issue i have. 

Well, the team sort of hit a point of no return when they signed Hall and traded for Staal to see if they could be competitive with what they had. 

Unfortunately, they had a coach who was out to lunch amidst a 47 game losing streak, an entire roster that was regressing under him while playing a boring and lifeless defensive “system,” 22 goalies got injured, and the HC couldn’t possibly conceive of putting a guy that scored 40 goals back with that center for at least 1 game and felt his best role was on the 4th line for 2 seasons. That center played injured, got more injured, and got fed up with 6 years of this crap - kinda like a lot of the fans have, but we’ve been dealing with it longer than him. 

• Like (+1) 2