Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I have a strong feeling Adams has a bidding war for Eichel well underway.

I remember feeling like that around this time when ROR was being auctioned off.

In reality what was happening was Botterill was desperately trying to cobble together a deal out of the ashes of offers he had previously turned down.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Should be the ending point tbh

Krebs, Tuch, 1st, Hague sounds like a deal they and we would both be happy with.

3 1sts, 1 2nd value (slightly lower, and we got Krebs), they're now cup favorites.

2 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

Krebs, Tuch, 1st, Hague sounds like a deal they and we would both be happy with.

3 1sts, 1 2nd value (slightly lower, and we got Krebs), they're now cup favorites.

Not that interested in Hague as the young D but ya

Just now, dudacek said:

In reality what was happening was Botterill was desperately trying to cobble together a deal out of the ashes of offers he had previously turned down.

Normally, I'd share your apathy. But something is different here, it just feels, well, it just feels different.

No matter the return, we all knew the dismantling needed to happen, and it is. Here's to a stable management team, a coaching staff that can develop what we get and a new era of culture that offers results, not just hope. I raise my Beam and splash of Coke to such an outcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I have a strong feeling Adams has a bidding war for Eichel well underway.

That would be the best case scenario. We must maximize the return.  They are getting an elite top center.  That has to be expensive.  Vegas, Minny, desperately need one. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Gotta believe they have to have one of them on the table already, no?

It’s been the ask. And there’s been leaks of GMs complaining about it. Then rumors of a whole compadre but not touching the top prospects. You’re getting Eichel pony up. That’s what this offer does - it’s not overpay, but it says a team in the West give it up to dominate for the next 5 years. 

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The difference being that the Pegulas forced a deadline on Botts to get a deal done before paying O'Reilly his bonus. There's no impending deadline in this situation. I don't consider free agency to be that deadline.

Eichel is a piece that could dramatically shift the balance of power in the West. That will hopefully frighten enough teams (LAK, Anaheim, Minny, Vegas, etc.) to trigger a bidding war over the next few days.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, Norcal said:

A Lindros return changes the fortunes of this team pretty quick.

Unfortunately GMKA isnt smart or savvy enough to get a haul like that. Hell get a bunch of picks and blow them on grigorienko thpe players. Cant wait to see what garbage we get for him. Hes under contract just keep him and if he dont wanna play let him sit out for the next 5 years 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They are definitely not. They have the prize in Krebs that should be at the top of any Eichel deal which is the most important piece. Tuch should have a ton of appeal here, as well. He’s a guy I could see wearing the C.

They’re not moving Theodore. He’s one of the best defensemen in the league and is under control on a very good contract.

So everyone is just happy with one prize in Krebs that's  Ridiculous. 

We're  giving up a franchise center at age 25 and that's  Acceptable to some.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:26 PM, Randall Flagg said:

The Rangers have plenty of assets. Soon to be 1G, Fox, Kakko/Laf, Zib, Miller, Buchnevich.

Would anyone not take Shesterkin, Fox, Laf and Buchnevich for Eichel?

Hahahaahaa they wont part with 1 of those guys let alone all of them

The Rags would not only have to match what Vegas, Minn or Anaheim could offer (they won’t) they’d have to beat it because they’re in our conference. No way he’s going to NYR.

Edited by I-90 W