Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Would we be happy if this goes through?  Does Krebs have a shot at top line C?

This trade would be a bit deflating, but not bad. Krebs is an excellent prospect, he does have that upside, and would be like time traveling to get a top 10 pick in the center-rich 2019 draft (he was absolutely worth that, but had a bad injury right before draft which dropped him)

Any trade with Krebs and a 1st meets my bear minimum for not burning down KBC in minecraft, but I want to do better with the rest of the deal than Hague and Smith

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Gross. Smith was bad this year. I want one other piece in that

Even if it's just a guy like Brisson

Apparently the thinking would be to trade Smith at the deadline for even more futures 

Hague is also a little better than I was thinking. Hmmm.

I'd try to get one more prospect out of them, he wouldn't have to be in their top 3/4 remaining or anything, but I'm warming right up to that deal. Hague's a defenseman and his scoring numbers look like forward numbers in prior leagues 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I know we suggested Tuch who's a better player than Smith.  Smith only has one year at 4.5 (cap hit 5.0), Tuch is signed for 5 years at 4.75.  Maybe that's too long for Adams to have someone taking a spot from the younger kids.

That's not much salary relief for Vegas.  I would think they want to shed more salary from their roster.

I like Krebs and Hague.

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Digger said:

I know we suggested Tuch who's a better player than Smith.  Smith only has one year at 4.5, Tuch is signed for 5 years at 4.75.  Maybe that's too long for Adams to have someone taking a spot from the younger kids.

That's not much salary relief for Vegas.  I would think they want to shed more salary from their roster.

I like Krebs and Hague.

Tuch is a really good player though. He's only 2 years older than Mittelstadt for the start of the coming season - no reason that age range can't work 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

Tuch is a really good player though. He's only 2 years older than Mittelstadt for the start of the coming season - no reason that age range can't work 

Sometimes people get way too zoned in on age stuff. It wouldn't kill us to have a 29 year old Tuch on the team for a playoff run lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sometimes people get way too zoned in on age stuff. It wouldn't kill us to have a 29 year old Tuch on the team for a playoff run lol 

It's a nice little trade off for that bit of extra experience and skill he'd give us right now. 

Does anyone think Smith is the ask because Adams wants the asset he'll flip him for and isn't interested in the competitive upgrade Tuch would bring? Or is it just too much from Vegas