Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

30 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

IF Jack plays in a Sabres Jersey again (and that's a big IF IMO) it can't have a C on it.  I mean it just can't.  They also can't have a couple of As and no C so the only person who could take that job away from him is Kyle Okposo.  Kyle would have to reign in any "not buying in" attitude from Jack or it would get too ugly in the locker room.   

I’m fine with him having the C on it. But, I would have a heart-to-heart with him about whether he should voluntarily relinquish it. Tell him the requirements of being a C and ask him whether he wants to wear it on his sweater or not. 

8 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

They had a deal in theory with Briere down. Management said choose only one and the one is Drury. Drury saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out of dodge. 

Looking back on Drury and Briere today it would have been a mistake to sign either of them to the deals that they both eventually signed.  Both were bought out of their contracts.  Briere had the most success but Drury went down hill pretty quickly (3 full seasons and a part) with the Rangers.  Briere continued to be a great playoff performer.

That being said I agree that losing both of them was a real hit to the team's culture and it may have been (actually I think that it would have been) great to sign Briere in hindsight.  I don't think Drury ever wanted anything except to sign with the Rangers and it would have been better if he had just come out and said that to Darcy.

The team was choosing between the two and wanted Drury over Briere.  I think for the most part the fan base at the time agreed (if we could only sign one of them).

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That’s not what happened.

"There was a substantial offer made to him," said Quinn, who acknowledged making two recent proposals to the Drury camp. "We made it perfectly clear that we were prepared to meet the financial. They never once countered. They did not want to give us a number and ultimately said they didn't want to come back. They wanted to go to New York."

I thought they had an agreement. I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

No idea who this guy is but here's an update. 

25 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

No surprise from the guy that backed out of a handshake deal with the Sabres on a new contract.

23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That’s not what happened.

22 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

They had a deal in theory with Briere down. Management said choose only one and the one is Drury. Drury saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out of dodge. 

4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

According to the Sabres team president at the time, that's what happened.

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Looking back on Drury and Briere today it would have been a mistake to sign either of them to the deals that they both eventually signed.  Both were bought out of their contracts.  Briere had the most success but Drury went down hill pretty quickly (3 full seasons and a part) with the Rangers.  Briere continued to be a great playoff performer.

That being said I agree that losing both of them was a real hit to the team's culture and it may have been (actually I think that it would have been) great to sign Briere in hindsight.  I don't think Drury ever wanted anything except to sign with the Rangers and it would have been better if he had just come out and said that to Darcy.

The team was choosing between the two and wanted Drury over Briere.  I think for the most part the fan base at the time agreed (if we could only sign one of them).

Just now, klos1963 said:

"There was a substantial offer made to him," said Quinn, who acknowledged making two recent proposals to the Drury camp. "We made it perfectly clear that we were prepared to meet the financial. They never once countered. They did not want to give us a number and ultimately said they didn't want to come back. They wanted to go to New York."

I thought they had an agreement. I was wrong.

Please, go somewhere else with this crap. No one wants to listen to this 16 year old debate again. 

Looks like the Canadians are out boys

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Damn you're  fast 😕

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wonder what the package was if Suzuki was included thats sounds good to me ? 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Please, go somewhere else with this crap. No one wants to listen to this 16 year old debate again. 

I call BS on this, Chiarot is a 30 year old dman with 1 year left on his deal.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Chiarot has a M-NTC.  I wonder if Buffalo is on his list or if they leaked this so that he could modify his list.  Could be Montreal is looking for a salary to dump and Adams chose Chiarot as the best option to take back.

Edited by Digger

That Twitter guy doesn't seem legit and I don't believe him. 

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Chiarot has a M-NTC.  I wonder if Buffalo is on his list or if they leaked this so that he could modify his list.

I think it's *****. 

Adams has made trades already. He made what seems to be thought of as a good trade with Risto, and a trade where most wish he got more for Reinhart.

Other trades around the league have been made also, the Seth Jones trade (and contract) a pretty big one.

I know the Eichel trade might/would be bigger than all of those, but maybe, just MAYBE the rest of the league sees something in him where they just don't value him as much as many of us as Sabres fans do.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Adams has made trades already. He made what seems to be thought of as a good trade with Risto, and a trade where most wish he got more for Reinhart.

Other trades around the league have been made also, the Seth Jones trade (and contract) a pretty big one.

I know the Eichel trade might/would be bigger than all of those, but maybe, just MAYBE the rest of the league sees something in him where they just don't value him as much as many of us as Sabres fans do.

The ppg #1 center who's only 24... sure. 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Is there a trade people would be happy with if both Suzuki and Caulfield weren’t included?

Not with Montreal. I dont think much of Kotkaniemi, and feel that the B level prospects are few and far between, and aren't any better than anyone else's equivalents 

• Like (+1) 1