Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

What bothers me about the last part of this argument is that no one in this situation is smarter than anyone else per se. Adams doesn’t know what’s going to happen. Other GM’s don’t know what’s going to happen. People can guess correctly, but nobody actually knows, so it’ll be hard for me too assigned credit and blame when all of this is sorted out. It’s all mind games.

Well, I think a huge part of a GM's job is to predict outcomes based on available info and get enough of them -- especially the big ones, like drafting Josh Allen over Josh Rosen, or an Eichel trade -- right over time to produce good results.  In this case, KA's analysis on pulling the trigger on a trade has to factor in a bunch of information, including medical prognostications, the trade market, what he thinks the trade market will look like in a month, the risk of losing a grievance, etc.

It probably is unfair to credit/blame a GM for the outcome of a single big move, instead of the aggregate of a bunch of moves over time, but that's why they get paid millions of dollars to do a job that a million message board mouse potatoes would love to have.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

What bothers me about the last part of this argument is that no one in this situation is smarter than anyone else per se. Adams doesn’t know what’s going to happen. Other GM’s don’t know what’s going to happen. People can guess correctly, but nobody actually knows, so it’ll be hard for me too assigned credit and blame when all of this is sorted out. It’s all mind games.

gms have to be judged on something. results is the most fair thing

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I think a huge part of a GM's job is to predict outcomes based on available info and get enough of them -- especially the big ones, like drafting Josh Allen over Josh Rosen, or an Eichel trade -- right over time to produce good results.  In this case, KA's analysis on pulling the trigger on a trade has to factor in a bunch of information, including medical prognostications, the trade market, what he thinks the trade market will look like in a month, the risk of losing a grievance, etc.

It probably is unfair to credit/blame a GM for the outcome of a single big move, instead of the aggregate of a bunch of moves over time, but that's why they get paid millions of dollars to do a job that a million message board mouse potatoes would love to have.

pretty much. 

17 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I just think that Adams being at the Michigan game was in part to have eyes on Brisson.

Tuch, Theodore, Brisson, conditional pick is my guess based on nothing.😀

I don't believe for a second Eichel's agent wants Brisson in Buffalo. 

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Agreed. It's not about what the results of the trade are on paper.

The best trades in Sabres history include a beloved vet for unsung minor league prospect Rene Robert and a middle-six centre for an oddball backup goalie named Dominik Hasek. The highest-profile — Gare/Foligno, Turgeon/Lafontaine, Peca/Connolly — probably weren't worth the hype.

KA doesn't "do well" if he gets a Grade A C prospect, a young NHL RD with pedigree and 1st rounder, and poorly if he gets a Grade B LD prospect, a young LW we haven't heard of, and 2nd rounder.

He does well if he makes the team better. Period.

Mogilny for Wilson, Peca and a 1st was roasted and that was when people thought Wilson was good. He sucked, but it turns out we did just fine because Peca was much better than we thought and the 1st turned into Jay McKee.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not even playing with his best buddy and other client Owen Power?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Agreed. It's not about what the results of the trade are on paper.

KA doesn't "do well" if he gets a Grade A C prospect, a young NHL RD with pedigree and 1st rounder, and poorly if he gets a Grade B LD prospect, a young LW we haven't heard of, and 2nd rounder.

He does well if he makes the team better.

The best trades in Sabres history include a beloved vet for unsung minor league prospect Rene Robert and a middle-six centre for an oddball backup goalie named Dominik Hasek.

The highest-profile — Gare/Foligno, Turgeon/Lafontaine, Peca/Connolly — probably weren't worth the hype.

Mogilny for Wilson, Peca and a 1st was roasted and that was when people thought Wilson was good. He sucked, but it turns out we did just fine because Peca was much better than we thought and the 1st turned into Jay McKee.

Not even playing with his best buddy and other client Owen Power?

Brisson and family are also from California 

Vegas just makes the most sense for Eichel at this point. LTIR, they can make the playoffs without him and Vegas can 'pull a Kucherov' come playoff time with Jack.

Vegas does have some assets that can be intriguing to Buffalo. I am hoping for Tuch/Krebs and a 1st in 2022 as the real prizes of the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well Brisson may have ended up promising his son in order to overcome a Krebs roadblock. Plus he’d be going to a great hockey city with two of his college teammates.

Are you going to send nots to Pat so he can tell this stuff to Brendon when it comes up at thanksgiving?

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Are you kidding?  What better place for his son than a team that just cleaned out a toxic dressing room???

And where young players will get a chance to establish themselves sooner rather than later?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

fwiw, my source says nothing is imminent, what you're hearing in the media is an attempt by Eichel's agent to stoke a bidding war. 

Well good.  That's better than Eichel's agent trying to force a trade by lowering Eichel's value....

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Eichel & Johnson for Theodore, Tuch, and Brisson + a '22 1st

Tuch and Theodore are best friends and have a bachelor house together in Vegas.

Theodore would be the elder statesman of the D core at 26 years old but with multiple solid seasons and playoff accolades.

Dahlin - Theodore

Power - Jokijarju

I'm sure they'd be thrilled to give that up to move to Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 2