Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

52 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Quick question, if we could trade Reinhart for 9OA with Vancouver, I wonder if we could finagle that 9OA to get Cirelli from Tampa.

Or better yet, draft a player as good as Cirelli at 9OA. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I need someone to play 1C next year, the last thing I want to do is send a Center group of Zegras, Cozens, Mitts and Girgs; they'll get ran over. 

Especially if you’re not getting Zegras.

I think Kevyn seriously considers keeping Reinhart on a one-year deal to play the 1st-line centre role and shield the kids. The benefits of development time that buys might be worth the hit we take waiting until the deadline to trade him.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I think Kevyn seriously considers keeping Reinhart on a one-year deal to play the 1st-line centre role and shield the kids. The benefits of development time that buys might be worth the hit we take waiting until the deadline to trade him.

I think we do get someone of that tier to be honest; the fact GMs are saying the price is too high and what not makes me feel confident that eventually a team will step up their offer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I think we do get someone of that tier to be honest; the fact GMs are saying the price is too high and what not makes me feel confident that eventually a team will step up their offer.

What? You mean GM’s do a lot of posturing, leaking, and lying to the media? Say it ain’t so!

😂

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Basically you want to sign a mediocre goalie over a good goalie.  A good 25 year old goalie won't work for you? I don't get it.

Except he's 27 with one year remaining on his contract before he can leave in free agency.  I don't trust many pending free agents who would want to stay here long term at the moment.

7 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Is anyone else concerned that in the Eichel trade packages, we do not see veteran players in the rumoured wish lists?  Or are they presumed to be the "cap dumps" everyone talks about?  I personally would like some useful veteran players coming back for our Trade Fodder Trio.

Yes.  Without a number of good, character vets on the roster who know what it takes to win in the NHL I expect we’ll be going through the same thing again in another 7 years after we’ve deemed this core as failed.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Curt said:

This is a great point.  I feel like odds are that the team has a better record next season, just because it’s hard to be so bad twice in a row.

That will also give people an easy out to say “Look, Eichel WAS a problem!”

Can’t wait for that.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Exactly what I don't want. No ROR V2. Fresh and young and let them grow as a group. 

We could actually target, ya know, good vets, though..

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

In this case, the cost of the Botterill and Adams bridges shows itself to be very costly as we lose Reinhart, and for a lower price than we should, likely, with it being a deadline deal. Maybe it's still the correct course of action given the alternative, but to me that strategy is only allowable if they are willing to keep Sam, as their own rental, if they are in a playoff push.

They can't go into the season already resigned to their fate. 

Edited by Thorny

7 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Except he's 27 with one year remaining on his contract before he can leave in free agency.  I don't trust many pending free agents who would want to stay here long term at the moment.

I didn't realize you were speaking of one specific goalie, thought you were talking in general. My mistake.

The deal could be a mix of rostered players and futures. 

Krebs, Elvenes,  Tuch, Theodore, MAF (He played His Best Hockey Under Mike Bales) or the Sabres could retain salary and flip MAF to Pittsburgh to increase the return. Picks are a must as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The only players that should be considered not in our time frame are guys who are a year from retirement and rapidly deteriorating such that they'd provide efforts like Staal on a team like ours. I get that Vegas might not be great match for an eichel trade but in principle any player on that team could help us to some degree and would therefore be worth it in the right situation 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Krebs, Elvenes,  Tuch, Theodore, MAF (He played His Best Hockey Under Mike Bales) or the Sabres could retain salary and flip MAF to Pittsburgh to increase the return. Picks are a must as well

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm not interested in anything from Vegas  The 1st round picks would so be so late .

They'd have to give up 4 1st round picks just to start off with the deal imo .

All the players are not in our time frame besides Krebs

Krebs does not seem like a guy Buffalo fans would embrace.  They like *****.  Give the Buffalo fans what they want. More *****.  Guys that opposing fans hate.  Guys that hit, guys that fight.  If Adams is true to his word, he will bring in ***** because he knows that is what Buffalo fans crave. *****. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Curt said:

This is a great point.  I feel like odds are that the team has a better record next season, just because it’s hard to be so bad twice in a row.

That will also give people an easy out to say “Look, Eichel WAS a problem!”

Can’t wait for that.

not for this franchise.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The only players that should be considered not in our time frame are guys who are a year from retirement and rapidly deteriorating such that they'd provide efforts like Staal on a team like ours. I get that Vegas might not be great match for an eichel trade but in principle any player on that team could help us to some degree and would therefore be worth it in the right situation 

Sure, in the right situation. The principle pieces of any deal with Vegas for our best asset is a lot of those pieces, which isn't what we need the most of at this point. You are not maximizing your return for a top end asset by trading with Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hope they lose then because any additional teams mean additional bidders. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sure, in the right situation. The principle pieces of any deal with Vegas for our best asset is a lot of those pieces, which isn't what we need the most of at this point. You are not maximizing your return for a top end asset by trading with Vegas.

Vegas has Krebs, Korczak, Power/Benier teammate Brisson, you can probably get Tuch from them. 

Vegas has all the necessary parts of an Eichel trade sitting there. A potential top line center in Krebs, a big RHD in Korczak, Tuch a younger roster player, and they do still have their first round pick plus potentially other roster players.