Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Alll depends on the returns for Sam and Jack and the development of Cozens, Dahlin and others.

Spoiler alert: The perception of Cozens development will be much weaker than it would have been with the appropriate expectations that would have remained had we kept Jack 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Look at teams with desperate GMs, namely Anaheim and Calgary. 

With Anaheim I do not believe The Sabres will get both Zegras and 3rd Overall for Eichel, although they really should. 
I do wonder if Ryan Johnson looks at the Sabres LHD Depth Chart, especially with Power as a strong possibility at First Overall and decides to stay in school and go the College UFA Route. This could make Him a trade piece to Anaheim and perhaps increase the return. 

Tkatchuk scares me, since His QF is high and He is one year from UFA. 
Lindholm, Zary or Pelletier plus this years First and a 2022 Second starts the convo

I would rather get Zegras and the 2022 1st from Anaheim: If Eichel has a setback with the neck, the Ducks could be high in the lottery again, and the 2022 Draft is great at the top.

Just now, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I would rather get Zegras and the 2022 1st from Anaheim: If Eichel has a setback with the neck, the Ducks could be high in the lottery again, and the 2022 Draft is great at the top, much better then 2021 IMO.

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

With Anaheim I do not believe The Sabres will get both Zegras and 3rd Overall for Eichel, although they really should. 
I do wonder if Ryan Johnson looks at the Sabres LHD Depth Chart, especially with Power as a strong possibility at First Overall and decides to stay in school and go the College UFA Route. This could make Him a trade piece to Anaheim and perhaps increase the return. 

Lindholm, Zary or Pelletier plus this years First and a 2022 Second starts the convo

Agree with every word here.

31 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I would rather get Zegras and the 2022 1st from Anaheim: If Eichel has a setback with the neck, the Ducks could be high in the lottery again, and the 2022 Draft is great at the top.

Thing is with 2021 1st you get 3rd pick. No way is Anaheim giving up an unprotected 2022 1st pick. It will be lottery protected in some way.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Who on their current roster should we be looking to add?  We could use a centre to insulate our youngsters and a veteran defencemen to help nurture our youth.

45 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel and 1 for Zegras, 3, Comtois, Rakell

Reading what Freidman is saying 'other GMs are saying to trade him sooner than later, since he is injured you aren't dealing from a position of strength"

SOunds like experience GM's trying to take advantage of a newbie GM.

Im really worried that he will listen and the return will be something like the ROR trade.

Sabres may want to move on but you need to do it when you are in a strong position...Eichel being healthy.

Keep him a Sabre until he is healthy. If he can never play hockey again put him on LTIR use his $10mill on other players.

I really have a bad feeling here  Hopefully the new experienced Assistant GM plays a huge role here.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So tank on

So the kings are 100% out ? 

That's aggravating, I guess we move on to the Ducks because I refuse to keep him in the East.

Or better yet, you figure out how to mend the fences seeing as there are zero scenarios in which we are better next year without Eichel than we are with him. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I agree, I hope you know I agree with this as every time I say the return isn't going to be that good you follow it up with this post - I do agree

I like that every single time someone says they don’t like a trade package someone immediately pounces saying “then don’t trade Eichel.” No *****. That is why we are expressing the package isn’t good enough.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No?

We'd be paying the price of a downgraded pick to convert Eichel into Zegras, Comtois and Rakell. It's a neat package but Eichel's health outlook would have to be really quite dire to make that worth it, imo

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I like that every single time someone says they don’t like a trade package someone immediately pounces saying “then don’t trade Eichel.” No *****. That is why we are expressing the package isn’t good enough.

Honest question, who received the better player in the Islander-Leafs trade with Tavares?? Yes I know it wasn't a trade but who would have figured the Islanders would be in the semi's this year and the Leafs haven't gotten out of the 1st round yet. The problem is does whatever haul the Sabres get make them a better team in the long run and if so why would anyone care if it meets who's ever criteria for what makes a good trade?

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Eichel and 1 for Zegras, 3, Comtois, Rakell

Eichel>>>Zegras

Beniers/Power>>>3OA

The Sabres are giving up the two best pieces.

Add Drysdale and the Sabres add Samuelson/Bryson/Johnson and it gets interesting 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The Kings are out until the Sabres start talking with the Ducks. No way Blake can see Eichel go to their main rivals without attempting to acquire him

This. Blake is well aware of his team's situation. Aging. If the Ducks revamp, with an Eichel trade, Blake will look like a fool as Eiichel gets healthy and thumps the Kings tome and again.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jsb said:

Honest question, who received the better player in the Islander-Leafs trade with Tavares?? Yes I know it wasn't a trade but who would have figured the Islanders would be in the semi's this year and the Leafs haven't gotten out of the 1st round yet. The problem is does whatever haul the Sabres get make them a better team in the long run and if so why would anyone care if it meets who's ever criteria for what makes a good trade?

That might be Adams’ thinking which scares me a bit because I’m not sure he knows what’s best for the team in the long haul.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jsb said:

sure but on the other side the Sabres traded ROR who won the Conn Smythe for a bag of peanuts 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

This. Blake is well aware of his team's situation. Aging. If the Ducks revamp, with an Eichel trade, Blake will look like a fool as Eiichel gets healthy and thumps the Kings tome and again.

Indeed. The Kings are putting out word right now that they’re not interested to drive the price down.

• Thanks (+1) 1