Jump to content

GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC


Recommended Posts

Yes, for me in the central time zone, this is a morning game.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the losses by the Sabres.

USATSI_15614064.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

This might be your last chance, Ralph.

Edited by Doohickie
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Doohickie changed the title to GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC
  • nfreeman pinned this topic

It is a cool but sunny morning in Buffalo and I plan on taking a ride in the car around noon and will be listening to anything but the game. 
 

I’ll check in around 3 or 4 to see how things went!   See you later.  😊

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It is a cool but sunny morning in Buffalo and I plan on taking a ride in the car around noon and will be listening to anything but the game. 
 

I’ll check in around 3 or 4 to see how things went!   See you later.  😊

Enjoy your day 🍺

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go grab some super-early groceries for tonight's lasagna, grind up some coffee, and it'll practically be time for a hockey. Ooooh, it's national media day! They'll be politer than the Rangers post-game guy, but what they don't say will speak volumes. And of course, hopefully they aren't just laughing outright.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The season is over.  Another loss to NYI is coming.  I think this could be RK’s last game.  

45 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Go grab some super-early groceries for tonight's lasagna, grind up some coffee, and it'll practically be time for a hockey. Ooooh, it's national media day! They'll be politer than the Rangers post-game guy, but what they don't say will speak volumes. And of course, hopefully they aren't just laughing outright.

I make Sunday Lasagna on Saturday.  
 

National media day?   Is that real? 

Edited by Pimlach
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The season is over.  Another loss to NYI is coming.  I think this could be RK’s last game.  

I makes Sunday Lasagna on Saturday.  

National media day?   Is that real? 

All days are lasagna days in our heart. It's an NBC broadcast it all, so all the USA markets can soak in our Sabres hockey greatness and witness our extreme motivation and cohesive defensive system.

NBC staffers should be telling the refs "we neeeeed viewers and goals.... call 50 penalties today."

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The season is over.  Another loss to NYI is coming.  I think this could be RK’s last game.  

I makes Sunday Lasagna on Saturday.  
 

National media day?   Is that real? 

So on Saturday the lasagna is in quarantine? No touchy? You are a genius.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please get flexed so I can’t watch...
Please get flexed so I can’t watch...
Please get flexed so I can’t watch...
Please get flexed so I can’t watch...
Please...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to get Cozens in at centre soon. It’s a lost season and that’s something that’s really important to get on track. As a comparison Dach moved to C for the Hawks around 25 games into last season. 

Reinhart ended up at W and Casey looks to be headed that way, the franchise is best off if Cozens ends up at C long term, so I’m eager to see signs that’s a likely result. 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So on Saturday the lasagna is in quarantine? No touchy? You are a genius.

Kind of.  
 

West side tradition:  Sunday sauce, sugo, is made from scratch on Saturday.    Same with Lasagna.   Needs a full day for flavors to blend.  
 

Thursday evening spaghetti with sweet sauce can be made that day.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Been skiing since 8:30. Heading home around 1:30. Anyone think Kruger will be fired before I get home?

one can only hope

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’d like to get Cozens in at centre soon. It’s a lost season and that’s something that’s really important to get on track. As a comparison Dach moved to C for the Hawks around 25 games into last season. 

Reinhart ended up at W and Casey looks to be headed that way, the franchise is best off if Cozens ends up at C long term, so I’m eager to see signs that’s a likely result. 

Yep. Not just for development, but because the current structure of 2 scoring (Staal and Eichel) lines and 2 checking lines (Eakin and Lazar) isn’t cutting it. Definition of stupid and all that.

Time to start playing Casey, Tage and Henri too. The latter two haven’t exactly distinguished themselves, but if they are part of the future, let’s see what they can do. And it’s not like they have been significantly worse than the guys they will be replacing have been.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this daytime hockey really sucks.

I'll be glad to get a night game back!

Come on Islanders!  Deliver one more mercy kill and get this over with.

There's a chance Krueger will be fired tomorrow after today's loss.

LET'S GET IT OVER WITH!
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

Yep. Not just for development, but because the current structure of 2 scoring (Staal and Eichel) lines and the 2 checking lines (Eakin and Lazar) isn’t cutting it. Definition of stupid and all that.

Time to start playing Casey, Tage and Henri too. The latter two haven’t exactly distinguished themselves, but if they are part of the future, let’s see what they can do. And it’s not like they have been significantly worse than the guys they will be replacing have been.

Agree except on Thompson. I think he is worse than whoever and I’ve actually written him off as an NHLer. If I’m wrong so be it but I see a healthy AHL career forthcoming for the man 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this be the too little too late, huge all out effort game? 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Agree except on Thompson. I think he is worse than whoever and I’ve actually written him off as an NHLer. If I’m wrong so be it but I see a healthy AHL career forthcoming for the man 

If he can harness that shot he will be a 20 goal scorer every year in Roch

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...