GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think he has a better case of “I’ve been jerked around” than most. 

This is a guy who hadn’t played hockey for more than a year. And their plan for him was to throw him into the fire on the first line against Caps best players, with an ailing Eichel, demote him partway through the second game, bench him after three games and basically let him rot away in the press box ever since?

Every thing leading up to the first game said “we believe in you and you are part of this team moving forward.” Everything since has said “you are Dustin Tokarski.”

He has gotten his body to the net better than most on a team that really needs that. He doesn’t “deserve” to be playing, but he’s not alone in that. He hasn’t been used as a prod to keep the other slackers honest and he hasn’t been allowed to work his way back from his layoff or develop as hockey player. 

He’s been put on a shelf.

Agree.  Why was his “chance” so limited and yet we get to see Okposo, Eakin, and others that aren’t contributing but they play day after day.  

34 minutes ago, Radar said:

My birthday is today (78) and my son in law happens to be a chef. Guess where I'm having dinner! Question should I watch Sabres before dinner or skip it so my stomach is good to eat.

Happy Birthday!!

May the Sabres give you victory on this grand occasion.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

This season, it's no comparison. Career --- yeah, he would appear to be the more complete player than Eichel. He's about 100 GP fewer than Eichel, but is on track to have more points by the time he gets to Eichel's current GP.

No doubt Barzal looks much better than Eichel right now, and his scoring pace is accelerating.  I still think Eichel is hurt.  

Along with Barzal, the Islanders drafted Baeuvillier with the 30th pick of the first round in 2015.  Nice picks and both have developed nicely.  

Hoping we can get #1 for Hall at the deadline.  

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Staal, lol. He is garbage and quite possibly the laziest skater in the league. May also be colorblind after that last pass right to an Islander.

In fairness, it was right on the stick. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.