Friday 3/5: Adams to Speak to Media at 4:30

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

.... and that is why it was a BS press conference.  Why hold the press conference at all if you weren't going to announce any major change.

Basically all he said was I'm pissed off to about how bad the team I fielded is and I'll let you know if I do anything about it.  Thanks for nothing KA.

I agree.  We should be doing the same.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The media has been asking him to talk for a while now. He held it to answer their questions.

It was as good a press conference as you can realistically get from a GM. getting mad at random stuff he did or didn't say after the fact is a waste of time 

Agree...KA had to do it and seemed genuine to me in his responses.  The only thing I felt he could have done differently was to have it sooner than today.

• Like (+1) 2

He was actually more candid than I thought he’d be. But also pretty on par with any and every GM press conference. I feel bad for the fans who actually wanted this to happen and expected more. Too high of expectations or maybe unrealistic  IMO.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

I really think he's at the first real juncture of his GM career: how much rope do I give a coach who I like personally, who is running a team that does not appear to be well-coached.

I'd say he's at the end of that rope.

Maybe this presser was two way:  He wanted to hear what was on the press's minds as well as give them an opportunity to ask him questions.  In other words.... if he's close to letting Krueger go, and he knows the Pegulas are going to be upset, he wants to make sure this is the right course of action.  Hearing the questions the press asked him, hopefully, tells him everything he needs to know.

Maybe instead of giving coaches multi-year deals, they need to hire coaches a season at a time for a while.  A coach who is up for a challenge and confident in his ability would take it.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Then I will assume that he is healthy and his play is a direct result of wanting to get the f*** out of Buffalo   

I take a slightly more positive stance:  he is healthy and his play is a direct result of wanting to get the f*** out from under Krueger.

4 hours ago, realtruelove said:

The only reason he called this press conference is that he will now become the face of the franchise for the foreseeable future, the rest of the season.  I say he fires Ralph tonight and takes over as coach until he can find a replacement.

I think I would be okay with that, but I'd rather he bring on one of the unemployed coaches floating around (Julien, Boudreau, Gallant).  I think he can barely handle the GM job, coaching would be too much.  Hell I'd almost rather he put Okposo behind the bench that try to do both jobs.

Maybe the delay in action is that they really are looking to get KA some front office help/mentorship and as soon as that's in place he will step behind the bench.

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't.

"The players believe in this coach".

I think that quote falls under the heading "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

This is annoying. Everyone knows Hutton isn't good enough. 

He did indicate he's been beating around the bushes for a goalie but either he hasn't found one that would be an improvement or the price was too high.  I tend to believe him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Do they come home on Monday before the Philly game tuesday? Probably not, eh? Earliest potential change prob. Wednesday by Adams

Frankly I want to see RFK fired on the road and have to find his own way home.  I thought it was terrible when it happened to Gallant, but I really want to see it happen to Krueger.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Or there is a negotiation taking place that hasn't run its course yet and a quarantine period to work with.

If this is true, then axe him now so he's not a lame duck. There's no sense seeing if the team responds to him this weekend if the replacement is already in place.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

If this is true, then axe him now so he's not a lame duck. There's no sense seeing if the team responds to him this weekend if the replacement is already in place.

You'd rather see Steve Smith coach in the interim until the next coach is hired?  The right thing to do is wait until the next guy is lined up and ready to go.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

.... and that is why it was a BS press conference.  Why hold the press conference at all if you weren't going to announce any major change.

Basically all he said was I'm pissed off to about how bad the team I fielded is and I'll let you know if I do anything about it.  Thanks for nothing KA.

I agree.  We should be doing the same.

It WAS a BS press conference. People like me didn’t want to hear what you’ve been doing (evaluating), but wanted to hear a statement that you have a plan to try and fix it. 

I understand he was ultimately there to answer questions from the press, but he didn’t really answer any of their questions. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

You'd rather see Steve Smith coach in the interim until the next coach is hired?  The right thing to do is wait until the next guy is lined up and ready to go.

I don't want to risk the team responding well for 2 games against the dreaded Islanders, then somehow having TPeg, KPeg, and GM Sheevyn recoil on getting a new coach or saying "awww... nah, we don't need your new coach services, because clearly the team now is playing Chancellor RaKru's system as intended. Look at his motivation skillz!"  I want him gone. Let Smith coach for a few games and then he's gone, too. Or Adams coaches Lamoriello style, and then back up to the box. Clean the deck entirely.

• Like (+1) 1

What I got out of this presser was that Ralph ain’t bullet proof, he’s human, he’s fallible  and ultimately puntable. 

The Isles have four good lines with defined roles. And goaltending. Not really much of a chance we beat them with Ralphs system. He’s done.

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

But, much like the team on the ice, he hasn't actually done anything. 

Exactly.

I, for one, didn't really care if he spoke to the media or not. 

Everything that was said rings hollow if he just sits on his hands.

Actions speak louder than words.    Him being angry doesn't solve anything.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He then said he doesn't make decisions in a vacuum. Mixed message.

Do you think it’s common to not include the owners when a coach on contract is fired? I don’t know the answer, but that would feel rare to me.

I mean there isn’t really anyone else he’s going to consult other than taking the temperature of the players. So it would be just him and discussing whether to light $7 million on fire or not.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That isn't an answer, that is a statement of facts. Hence why I said no *****. 

What's your deal? You keep doing this stuff. 

Given how analytical you are on a whole range of hockey topics, I’m wondering what you find would acceptable in these press conferences? What is it exactly they could say, short of firing people, that you would find their answers acceptable? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.