Friday 3/5: Adams to Speak to Media at 4:30

Brawndo

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He expanded on it. He wants players that will work hard and forecheck/backcheck hard. 

Jock talk.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Around the players every day, asking them questions.

Theme is: they know it hasn't been good enough. But that's talk, it has to turn into action.

Just like this media event.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Three biggest areas they focused on in the offseason were: 5v5 scoring, special teams, and character. 

Past tense.

5 on 5. They got Staal to aid in a second line and pull the burden off Jack. They got Hall, which theoretically moves Skinner/Hall to top 6 and Olofsson to bottom 6 where he can...

focus on Special Teams. Plus Eakin and Rieder for the PK.

Character: Staal? Rieder and Cozens try hard. Is Irwin character?

But.... obviously not goaltending. I guess Ullmark's injury wasn't a concern last year because we were already crushed by our backup goalie's eye injury.  Not toughness or difficult to play against. Huh.

• Like (+1) 1

Adams, overall, sounds like exactly what he is: a young, inexperienced guy who is in over his head.

There is *no way* he represents the best leadership the Sabres could have at this point in time.

He's not old enough or experienced enough.

In a good, winning franchise he would be in a learning assistant GM type position, if that.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

Adams, overall, sounds like exactly what he is: a young, inexperienced guy who is in over his head.

There is *no way* he represents the best leadership the Sabres could have at this point in time.

In a good, winning franchise he would be in a learning assistant GM type position, if that.

Age has nothing to do with it. Experience though, definitely a concern. 

So, no vote of confidence (and by extension a Vote of No Confidence) in Chancellor RaKru. So he's gone, too late, but he's soon gone. Because if he's such a motivator, why don't any of these highly-conditioned, athletes who've been hyper-competitive all their lives to get where they are want to backcheck hard? Or crash the net to where the goals are scored? That's what I've got to take out of this if I'm looking for a shred of hope.

His x and o subordinates are out-x'ed, and his in-game adjustments don't happen, and his lines often don't make sense, and he's not motivating the team. So... what good is he doing?

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

We're in an age of young, hot-shot GM's who are making splashes. Sadly, I don't see KA as being one of them. But it's early. Who knows how this will play out.

I actually thought he showed more leadership there than I expected.

Kevyn Adams the hockey player would not have tolerated the way the Sabres are playing. Kevyn Adams the GM talks the same thing. I think he genuinely feels the same way about the compete as we do. I get the impression it actually embarrasses him. It remains to be seen if he can do anything about it.

We play the Islanders twice this weekend. If the team looks like it did yesterday I would be surprised it Ralph is the coach Monday morning.

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.