Friday 3/5: Adams to Speak to Media at 4:30

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I still don't know if Adams is actually going to be a capable GM, but it sure sounds like Krueger is gone if he can't get these guys going. 

I really think he's at the first real juncture of his GM career: how much rope do I give a coach who I like personally, who is running a team that does not appear to be well-coached.

I'd say he's at the end of that rope.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I do like that Adams is in tune with Fans and Media Frustration, unlike Botterill who was incredulous that Fans wanted Housley gone 

Maybe Housley wasn't the problem.  They scored somewhat under his system and Dahlin and Skinner looked great.  Just saying

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Adams does not agree with benching Skinner for three games 

So given this statement, RK lies, the team's crappy performance and his "quote" ability to fire the HC, how is RK still the coach of this team?  Why don't reporters ask the follow up question.  Why didn't Vogl or Harrington or Hamilton or some else ask that question.  Why is RK still the coach?  How much further down the pit of despair must we got for Mr Authority to actually do something? 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

The tone and body language that Adams took when addressing Jack Eichel and if he asked for a trade to me made me feel he is a little uncomfortable with that question and answer.

Not very confident in his response if you ask me.

And completely not addressing "why is Jack playing like #%$#%?"

Hopefully, the wink/nod implication is "Jack hates RK and RK will be packing his bags next week, don't worry"

• Like (+1) 2

Adams seems to be aware of the issues and consciously articulated them. That's mildly encouraging but after years of ineptitude, hard to be anything other than apathetic.  

1 minute ago, erickompositör72 said:

And completely not addressing "why is Jack playing like #%$#%?"

Hopefully, the wink/nod implication is "Jack hates RK and RK will be packing his bags next week, don't worry"

I feel like Eichel is injured and no one wants to say it. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Adams seems to be aware of the issues and consciously articulated them. That's mildly encouraging but after years of ineptitude, hard to be anything other than apathetic.  

I feel like Eichel is injured and no one wants to say it. 

Agree on both points.

I suspect Jack doesn't want it talked about.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I actually thought he showed more leadership there than I expected.

Kevyn Adams the hockey player would not have tolerated the way the Sabres are playing. Kevyn Adams the GM talks the same thing. I think he genuinely feels the same way about the compete as we do. I get the impression it actually embarrasses him. It remains to be seen if he can do anything about it.

We play the Islanders twice this weekend. If the team looks like it did yesterday I would be surprised it Ralph is the coach Monday morning.

I hope we get blown out then 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

We're in an age of young, hot-shot GM's who are making splashes. Sadly, I don't see KA as being one of them. But it's early. Who knows how this will play out.

Yes, but typically they were building up to it. JBot was Assistant GM for Pitt for awhile, building up that pipeline that clicked effortlessly with the Pittsburgh core when they came up. GM Sheevyn never ran Rochester.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I really think he's at the first real juncture of his GM career: how much rope do I give a coach who I like personally, who is running a team that does not appear to be well-coached.

I'd say he's at the end of that rope.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How is RK still the coach?  How much rope can there possibly be left?  If he is aware of the issues why hasn't he acted to replace RK, get a goalie or anything else.  Sounds to me like a simple placate the masses press conference and then do nothing.  Simply more BS.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Adams should feel comfortable in the idea that he and his coach have agreed on what they want the team to do, that it's the coach's job to make it happen, and that he should move on from the coach if it doesn't. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Kevyn Adams the hockey player would not have tolerated the way the Sabres are playing. Kevyn Adams the GM talks the same thing. I think he genuinely feels the same way about the compete as we do. I get the impression it actually embarrasses him. It remains to be seen if he can do anything about it.

We play the Islanders twice this weekend. If the team looks like it did yesterday I would be surprised it Ralph is the coach Monday morning.

In other words this weekend negates the past games? Really. I know you're trying your best to find positives but , as expected, this side show confirmed my worst feelings. I think Kevin is a nice guy and I feel sorry for him in many ways but quite frankly this was a guy who should not have been in this position. The only hope is our clueless ownership brings in someone capable of running a hockey franchise.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Agree on both points.

I suspect Jack doesn't want it talked about.

Then I will assume that he is healthy and his play is a direct result of wanting to get the f*** out of Buffalo   

Edited by LabattBlue

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hopefully this was one final go get em big guy to HCRK. Two more losses this weekend and he'll be out the door. 

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

How is RK still the coach?  How much rope can their possibly be left?  If he is aware of the issues why hasn't he acted to replace RK, get a goalie or anything else.  Sounds to me like a simple placate the masses press conference and then do nothing.  Simply more BS.

I don't think this quote ^^^ is going to age well.

Nobody wants to hear this, but Adams has employed Krueger as his coach for exactly 21 games, and part of that time Krueger had COVID.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How is RK still the coach?  How much rope can there possibly be left?  If he is aware of the issues why hasn't he acted to replace RK, get a goalie or anything else.  Sounds to me like a simple placate the masses press conference and then do nothing.  Simply more BS.

Well, they are on a roadtrip with back to back games. Maybe KA is giving Ralph these 2 games and no more. Personally I expect a coaching change monday after these team loses 2 more games. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yes, but typically they were building up to it. JBot was Assistant GM for Pitt for awhile, building up that pipeline that clicked effortlessly with the Pittsburgh core when they came up. GM Sheevyn never ran Rochester.

I was thinking more about Chayka and Dubas, but your point still stands

Dear KA

Why is RK still the coach?

Why haven't you upgraded the goaltending

Why haven't you found D help?

Why aren't underperforming players like Eakin, KO, Miller etc benched?

Why have you done nothing to help this team in season so far?

Why weren't any of these direct questions asked?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.