Friday 3/5: Adams to Speak to Media at 4:30

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't think this quote ^^^ is going to age well.

Nobody wants to hear this, but Adams has employed Krueger as his coach for exactly 21 games, and part of that time Krueger had COVID.

So! Montreal, a real team, just fired a proven Stanley Cup winning coach after 20 or so games.  Enough is enough.  How much more information does KA need to know?  As to whether my statement will age well; who knows, but this press conference should have been to reveal some actual action to fix the problems not more platitudes. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dear KA

Why is RK still the coach?

Why haven't you upgraded the goaltending

Why haven't you found D help?

Why aren't underperforming players like Eakin, KO, Miller etc benched?

Why have you done nothing to help this team in season so far?

Why weren't any of these direct questions asked?

Being an NHL GM is hard!

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Well, they are on a roadtrip with back to back games. Maybe KA is giving Ralph these 2 games and no more. Personally I expect a coaching change monday after these team loses 2 more games. 

Sorry, but I had to chuckle. Giving him these 2 games?

The wheels have fallen off the stage c9ach, the horses have run away, and the Apaches are closing in, how many bullets do you have? 2 ma'am......

Adams knows what to do, and he just did it in that ***** show presser.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

In other words this weekend negates the past games? Really. I know you're trying your best to find positives but , as expected, this side show confirmed my worst feelings. I think Kevin is a nice guy and I feel sorry for him in many ways but quite frankly this was a guy who should not have been in this position. The only hope is our clueless ownership brings in someone capable of running a hockey franchise.

I think a GM's relationship with his coach is like a cup. Once it fills up, the coach gets fired.

Ralph's cup hasn't quite started overflowing yet — remember for Adams, it's 21 games, not our 10 years — but it's at the brim.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So! Montreal, a real team, just fired a proven Stanley Cup winning coach after 20 or so games.  Enough is enough.

Julien had been coaching the Canadiens for Bergevin for years.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, dudacek said:

"I'm angry. I'm been empowered by Terry and Km to fix this, and that's what I'm going to do."

Good to hear, but now Krueger becomes his error from this point on. 

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Blaming lack of competitiveness, first and foremost.

Not hard enough on defence or at driving the net.

Goaltending has been fine. Linus was at a high level. Haven't been good enough around them.

This is annoying. Everyone knows Hutton isn't good enough. 

Other than that it was ok. Just talk for now but hopefully some action comes of it by Monday

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

I think a GM's relationship with his coach is like a cup. Once it fills up, the coach gets fired.

Ralph's cup hasn't quite started overflowing yet — remember for Adams, it's 21 games, not our 10 years — but it's at the brim.

In this case, it's like the cup that Adam's isn't wearing and Ralph has been kicking him squarely in the nuts.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Being an NHL GM is hard!

Yes it is. No question.  That doesn't mean you sit on your hands and do nothing.  Other GMs seem to be working toward that goal of improving their teams now or in the future.  Ana waived Guhle and Henrique in recent days.  Montreal fired Julien.   Since I started the Fix the team thread on Jan 23, PLD was traded for Laine, Carolina and Ottawa made a trade and Toronto also made a trade with Carolina.  Yes it's not a huge volume of things happening but things can and do happen.  

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dear KA

All valid questions.

The goaltending one is the biggest that the GM must answer. It sank the team last year after a hot start, and it's sinking the team again this year. Ullmark is decent, but he had to steal a game against the Devils. That's it. Now he's hurt and the coach hasn't adapted the approach to try to outscore the opposition, knowing that his backup is a sub .900% goalie three years running (oh, .908 his first year in Buffalo, but only .901 after the ASG so even then he was trending worse), and the other guy should be in the AHL gaining confidence and playing time, not rotting on the taxi squad and outmatched here in the NHL.

The RK question...  since the hot start in 2019, what did someone say: 9 regulation wins in the 50 games since? Sure, it's bad optics to fire a guy when he has COVID, but he wasn't getting the job done last year either.

My point of view is to fire RK and KA and get an experienced GM and prez of hockey ops to straighten things out. Hextall would have been a good option.

The next coach doesn't have to be the one to lead them to the cup but he has to be the one to help straighten things out and get the team to play a certain way EVERY game. When teams play the Sabres they should know that they are going to get 100% effort from every player on every shift. They play the same game whether up by a goal or two or down a goal or two.

Although, if you clean house, Eichel will probably want out. The organization has a conundrum. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good point made on WGR that ties to Adams remark about balancing long- and short-term value.

Maybe he knows who he wants to be his next coach and maybe that guy isn't available right now, but might become that way.

(And maybe I'm just really curious about Rod Brind'Amour.)

Edited by dudacek

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dear KA

Some of those were asked as I recall.  Like why is Ralph still the coach.

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I got the impression Adams is pretty safe in his job unfortunately

He's largely where he is b/c he does what Pegula tells him to do, and he does it reliably.   

I'm not sure why he would lose his job in that kind of environment, unless he goes rogue some day and starts to thumb his nose at Pegula.

It's a big part of why Pegula is the real problem, not the current GM.

• Like (+1) 2

I heard alot of what I waned to hear, and some of what I expected to hear.

I heard a GM that thinks his coach isn't working out.

I heard a GM that thinks his players aren't playing hard enough.

I heard a GM that is actively working to  make the right changes and is being patient so the changes made are in fact the right ones.

I heard a GM who refused to throw his players under the bus, and also refused to throw his coach under the bus.  This is good leadership.

Let's see where this goes...

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

I heard alot of what I waned to hear, and some of what I expected to hear.

I heard a GM that thinks his coach isn't working out.

I heard a GM that thinks his players aren't playing hard enough.

I heard a GM that is actively working to  make the right changes and is being patient so the changes made are in fact the right ones.

I heard a GM who refused to throw his players under the bus, and also refused to throw his coach under the bus.  This is good leadership.

Let's see where this goes...

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There needs to be timely action or it doesn't mean anything, for the record

I don't know why I post so much when you people do such a fine job of saying what I'm trying to say.

I now know what Adams thinks. Let's see what he does.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yes, I did.

After all, the coach is still here and the catastrophic ***** show on the ice game after game continues.

I heard the terms unacceptable and everything is being evaluated and they have three games remaining on the road trip. 
I would be surprised if he still is the HC when it is over, we will have to see

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

I heard the terms unacceptable and everything is being evaluated and they have three games remaining on the road trip. 

He may not be but that's just part of the problem. Unfortunately the biggest problem may be one not easily fixed. Initials TP and KP.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Do they come home on Monday before the Philly game tuesday? Probably not, eh? Earliest potential change prob. Wednesday by Adams

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Good point made on WGR that ties to Adams remark about balancing long- and short-term value.

Maybe he knows who he wants to be his next coach and maybe that guy isn't available right now, but might become that way.

(And maybe I'm just really curious about Rod Brind'Amour.)

He’s not leaving Carolina unfortunately 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.