2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That is a damn shame, if true. Tractor-cito is an absolute marvel of modern athleticism to behold.

I take no joy in inferring from this sort of thing that no one - I mean no one (except maybe Marcus Allen and Frank Gore (?)) - is immune from the ravages that the RB position visits on the human body. Henry's work load *and production* over the past ~40 games or so had been unfreakingbelievable. 

His workload hasn't been that bad. He's averaged 23 rushes per game since the start of 2019 (i.e. 39 games ago).  His heaviest season (last year, 378) is 19th most in a single season.  His second heaviest (2019, 303) is only the 211th most in a single season.

12 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

His workload hasn't been that bad. He's averaged 23 rushes per game since the start of 2019 (i.e. 39 games ago).  His heaviest season (last year, 378) is 19th most in a single season.  His second heaviest (2019, 303) is only the 211th most in a single season.

Running backs usually fall off around 1500 carries. Henry is at 1400.  It’s worth a discussion.  

16 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

By modern standards, his workload was very heavy last season especially. Cook was up close to him, but everyone else was like 100 fewer carries.

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Why can't we all just celebrate a win.  A good win over a hated division rival.  Squishing the fish is always as awesome as the Sabres squishing (or whatever) the dastardly duo.

I don't give a fiddlers fart if it was by 50 points or 1 point.

I’m still trying to figure out how holding an NFL team to 11 points is not a dominating performance.

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Why can't we all just celebrate a win.  A good win over a hated division rival.  Squishing the fish is always as awesome as the Sabres squishing (or whatever) the dastardly duo.

I don't give a fiddlers fart if it was by 50 points or 1 point.

Super thrilled with the W.  Miami hasn’t really meant anything to me since Bryan Cox laced them up. Right now, only the Steelers, Pats and Chiefs feel different than the rest.  

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

You're being a gigantic asshat about this. Nobody is "crying." We are pointing out concerns in a game that should've been dominated but wasn't. There was no separation until the very end of the game. It's okay to question these things - the problems are the exact type that stop teams from winning championships.

I think we got Miami's best shot. They'd lost six straight to us, been embarrassed 35 - 0 in their own crib. That, and the interior of our o-line is just not good. Still believe we are the best team in the AFC, though they'll have to play a lot better if they want to win a SB. McD builds towards the post-season. It's plausible it will happen, though I'd love to find a better guard at the trade deadline.

Derrick Henry is incredible...don't want to face him in the playoffs but love to watch him play in general. I can't recall a more physically dominant RB in recent times -- brings to mind Jerome Bettis. There are guys that run hard (e.g. Marshawn Lynch), but they weren't also HUGE.

Squished!

I think the Bills stood in and took the best that Miami had yesterday. 

It wasn't perfect but they got the job done.

The offense drove for four scores in a row from about midway through the third.

The defense hung in tough all game and forced some turnovers.

McD and the team know they need to work on some things but they're on to next week now.

When week 18 is over, this one will count as 1 in the W column and that's all that matters IMO

5 hours ago, z-man said:

Derrick Henry is incredible...don't want to face him in the playoffs but love to watch him play in general. I can't recall a more physically dominant RB in recent times -- brings to mind Jerome Bettis. There are guys that run hard (e.g. Marshawn Lynch), but they weren't also HUGE.

He's injured, possibly out for the season.

Also

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Okay I guess

Glad to see him back on the field. Probably his last shot at playing.

Von Miller was also traded from the Broncos to the Rams for a 2nd and 3rd. If he doesn’t help them win a title and he doesn’t re-sign that’s a bad deal.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The Bills might have looked flat against the Dolphins but at least the didn't look Chiefs-barely-eaking-one-out-against-the-Giants flat.

Really expected one of those Chiefs splash plays all over the field kinda games.

I'm surprised they remained flat. 

3 hours ago, calti said:

I see a lot of Trent Edwards in that Giant QB.

And Trent/Danny Dimes probably could have been considered good QBs when fully healthy (which for Trent was a very short period of time to start his career) during Trent’s era but certainly not today.

12 hours ago, WildCard said:

Yup. And chasing records.

Ha. Mostly paying creditors.

Although, some records would increase his post-playing earning potential. So, fair deuce.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Wow.  I had no idea until this post encouraged me to google it.

Bad things. Sad things.

Fools and most professional athletes -- from their money soon parted.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.