2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

Favre was robbed of the SB MVP that year. By today’s standards there’s no way he wouldn’t get it. They give it to a QB every year now anyway. But he had 2 tds, a rush td, threw a 2pt convert, 107.9 rating (when you could hit the QB), 246 yards, no picks. As you definitely know - it wasn’t later Packers career Favre. That he wasn’t given the most valuable player cause of one play still doesn’t make sense 

I must disagree. Favre's two TD throws were to completely free releases against overmatched (speedwise) defenders with no safety help. A safety, either "Big Play" Willie Clay or rookie Lawyer Milloy was supposed to cover Freeman on a go route with no help? Otis Smith (a pylon by 1996) was supposed to cover Andre Rison with no safety help? They were pitch and catch. Favre's TD run was nice.

Meanwhile, Desmond Howard had a 32-yard punt return (short field for Rison's TD), a 34-yard punt return (into NE territory, got a field goal), and then the game-sealer kickoff return. He had 244 return yards compared to Favre's 268 passing/rushing yards. It was Howard as the MVP. And a dominant Packers' d-line + some timely Evans/Butler blitzes that had Bledsoe hurrying his passes.

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I believe it was two plays. IMO , Howard was absolutely the MVP of that game.

Ha! Or more succinctly put like this.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Sorry @Buffalonill.  It's hard when your team has a great year and it ends in bitter disappointment.

There is still time to jump on the Bills bandwagon.  I can't speak for others, but I would welcome you anytime.

Literally still in shock i can't believe both Adams and Rodgers are gone.

I never Wanted to re live the "drury and briere"  Exits ..

This one hurts .

Good luck 

• Thanks (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

I must disagree. Favre's two TD throws were to completely free releases against overmatched (speedwise) defenders with no safety help. A safety, either "Big Play" Willie Clay or rookie Lawyer Milloy was supposed to cover Freeman on a go route with no help? Otis Smith (a pylon by 1996) was supposed to cover Andre Rison with no safety help? They were pitch and catch. Favre's TD run was nice.

Meanwhile, Desmond Howard had a 32-yard punt return (short field for Rison's TD), a 34-yard punt return (into NE territory, got a field goal), and then the game-sealer kickoff return. He had 244 return yards compared to Favre's 268 passing/rushing yards. It was Howard as the MVP. And a dominant Packers' d-line + some timely Evans/Butler blitzes that had Bledsoe hurrying his passes.

Still ticked about that KO return.  Would've won the quarter in a $100/square pool w/out it.  Going for 2 cost a chance at one of the satellites, too.  Grrrrr.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I believe it was two plays. IMO , Howard was absolutely the MVP of that game.

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

No chance, boys. The Packers likely win that game without Howard. They certainly don’t win it without Favre

• Like (+1) 1

We are talking the MVP of the league, here. He accounted for 3 TDS (2 pass, 1 rush TD) to Howard’s 1. The receivers broke free for Favre’s TDs? So what lol. Last I checked Howard had pretty good blocking on his score, too.

Favre famously audibles into the first long TD - that’s his play call. Favre gets FULL credit for that throw.  Packers didn’t really look back from there. The genius was Favre’s reading of the D here - his brain for the game remains underrated 

Howard accounted for field position with a couple other plays but all purpose special teams yards aren’t exactly comparable to running/passing/throwing. Like I said - MVP of the league was Favre’s title that year - he would have accounted for much of those yards sans return. 

@DarthEbriate^ That was prime Favre. In the middle of 3 consecutive MVPs, who could go against any QB on any day - and it was his team that year. He manufactured that TD and he captained them to that win.

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

TB12 just got flagged for cursing at the officials.  One of the Seals of the Apocalypse is now broken.

After a hit to the chin that drew blood. Say what you want about the calls in general, the refs completely botched that one. 30 yard swing 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

After a hit to the chin that drew blood. Say what you want about the calls in general, the refs completely botched that one. 30 yard swing 

Brady complains if he gets brushed by an opponent's hair. And at worst, it's a 15-yard swing because then it would be offsetting fouls.

Tom Brady = Rasputin.

1 hour ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Is it just me or is NFL officiating just getting worse?  I didn't think it was possible, but here we are.

The NFC Championship game was scheduled as the late game on Sunday well before we knew a West Coast team (49ers) would be playing in it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.