2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The Bills' pass D didn't win that game.  The Pats did fine moving the ball, including via the pass.

The Bills won because JA played at an MVP level in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like that they can beat anyone.

The NE offense is not prolific by any stretch. I think ranked 16th in yards. Around 388/game at home.  And the Bills defense held them to 288.  How is that not a superior effort, and an equally important contribution to the win? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

That’s 2 open receivers in the end zone that JA has missed, for a resulting total of 3 points instead of 14.  If they lose this game — that’s the reason.  

Are you taking about the drops in the end zone, or forgetting they happened?

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The Bills' pass D didn't win that game.  The Pats did fine moving the ball, including via the pass.

The Bills won because JA played at an MVP level in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like that they can beat anyone.

I’m sorry man, but the Pats passing game did “fine” today, but there are a handful of games this year when Josh played “lousy”?

What am I missing?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t even think this question needs to be asked.  

It does if you saw McKenzie drop a ton of balls in college like I did.  Granted its been a few years, but I’d be thrilled if he has developed into a competent Beasley replacement. It would be great for his career, help the Bills cap wise and give the Bills a burner at the slot who would be potentially even more dangerous then Beasley after the catch.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

The NE offense is not prolific by any stretch. I think ranked 16th in yards. Around 388/game at home.  And the Bills defense held them to 288.  How is that not a superior effort, and an equally important contribution to the win

Well, I thought the game was there to be won or lost in the 4th quarter, and JA won it for the Bills.  If he hadn't played maybe the best and most clutch stretch of football in his life in that quarter, I think the Pats could easily have won the game.  I don't think the D had anywhere near that level of impact on the outcome.

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Are you taking about the drops in the end zone, or forgetting they happened?

I’m sorry man, but the Pats passing game did “fine” today, but there are a handful of games this year when Josh played “lousy”?

What am I missing?

I saw one drop by Sanders, one pass from JA that was well behind Knox and one from JA to a wide-open Kumerow that was overthrown, necessitating a dive by Kumerow and what would've been a great catch to reel it in, which he was unable to make.

And I didn't say the Pats' passing game did fine.  I said their offense did fine moving the ball.

We can close ranks and pretend all we want that JA hasn't had lousy games this year, or missed throws in what was overall a great game by him, or we can be objective.

IMHO, the objective reality is that if JA plays like he did yesterday, they can beat anyone in the playoffs (and, as a bonus, he's one of the most thrilling athletes in pro sports).  But he doesn't always play like that.

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I thought the game was there to be won or lost in the 4th quarter, and JA won it for the Bills.  If he hadn't played maybe the best and most clutch stretch of football in his life in that quarter, I think the Pats could easily have won the game.  I don't think the D had anywhere near that level of impact on the outcome.

On the Pats' last drive, the D did force two 4th downs and got an interception.  Good showing, but they were in that position thanks to Allen putting us up 2 scores and making a rookie desperate.  That's probably going to be the key to our winning against good teams.  D plays well enough to let the O get ahead and make the other team desperate and mistake-prone.

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I saw one drop by Sanders, one pass from JA that was well behind Knox and one from JA to a wide-open Kumerow that was overthrown, necessitating a dive by Kumerow and what would've been a great catch to reel it in, which he was unable to make.

And I didn't say the Pats' passing game did fine.  I said their offense did fine moving the ball.

We can close ranks and pretend all we want that JA hasn't had lousy games this year, or missed throws in what was overall a great game by him, or we can be objective.

IMHO, the objective reality is that if JA plays like he did yesterday, they can beat anyone in the playoffs (and, as a bonus, he's one of the most thrilling athletes in pro sports).  But he doesn't always play like that.

Aaaah. The cool headed, objective nfreeman, and everyone else being irrational and seeing what they want to see.

It’s like a warm blanket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Interesting on both of these tweets.  Would've expected Mahomes was in these clubs as well.  Pretty cool that Allen is & Pat isn't.

Mahomes rode the bench his first season. If you want to look at the same number of games actually played (59 regular season games so far for Allen), then it's Allen 131, Mahomes 149.  Perhaps surprisingly, between sitting his rookie season and a few games where he was inactive, Mahomes has only played 2 more regular season games than Allen.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I hope the Bills go to remote meetings and keep everyone at home or as distant as possible for the next two weeks. The Bills are favored by two TD’s this Sunday….let’s minimize any potential Covid issues like a bunch of teams are dealing with and keep everyone on Zoom.  

Also, the Car Panthers got sent home today…so I don’t think it is crazy to be proactive.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.