2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

What a gut check performance from this team. I am so proud of them. Allen played at an MVP level, spread it out from the start, and made plays out of nothing. The defense got a lot of penetration today which helped. It didn't appear that Mac Jones was expecting it. The last ten quarters of football show that the Bills may be peaking at the right time.

• Like (+1) 3

Every single offensive drive got to the Pats' 12. The 2020 offense showed up today.  Every time they got the ball, I had no doubt they'd score.  Love that feeling.

Also, kudos to McKenzie for showing up with the opportunity afforded him by Beasley's absence.  Several clutch catches.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Did Diggs just walk along the wall pointing at fans saying “You, you, you, you and ***** you”. If he did, he may have just become my favorite NFL player. 

He said "f you,  f you,  f you, suck my f'ing d"

Dear mods, sorry for the profanity, I tried to edit it but that's what he did. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Clarity
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

If they bring him back next season I’ll be disappointed 

I think he’d be better as an OLB.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

That’s 2 open receivers in the end zone that JA has missed, for a resulting total of 3 points instead of 14.  If they lose this game — that’s the reason.  

Nonsense. Which one did he miss in the end zone? The one where it hit the receiver in the hands, or the other one where it hit the receiver in the hands?

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He said "f you,  f you,  f you, suck my f'ing d"

Dear mods, sorry for the profanity, I tried to edit it but that's what he did. 

That is awesome.

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

Watching the Steelers just continue to run the ball right at the Chiefs knowing they have no chance in this game is either comedic or tragic. I hate both these teams but I don’t think anything can top my hatred of the Steelers.  

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Yeah this is truly an end of an era for the Steelers.  They made a fatal error not drafting a QB in the past couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Belichick got out coached today.

The fact that they threw it more than three times was pure hubris.

The Bills' pass D didn't win that game.  The Pats did fine moving the ball, including via the pass.

The Bills won because JA played at an MVP level in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like that they can beat anyone.

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The Bills' pass D didn't win that game.  The Pats did fine moving the ball, including via the pass.

The Bills won because JA played at an MVP level in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like that they can beat anyone.

"Fine"

A perfect description of the losing team's effort.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can McKenzie replace Beasley long term?

He.  Just.  Did.

With that performance he showed he's ready for that role.

image.thumb.png.48313c2970fb44cdbe832d7b09e4af8b.png

Also consider that the most important ability is availability and Beasley demonstrated he doesn't care about that with his Covid vax stance.

A couple days ago I said that I didn't think the Bills would be able to force other teams to get out of their two-high shells until roster moves came in the offseason. I'm not totally sure how much of it was the Bills, and how much was Belichick just playing the defenses he likes to play in the situations he likes to play them, but those early dump-offs to Motor for 5-10 yards at a time felt absolutely huge in opening things up for the offense. Josh ate those plays up like we haven't seen before. This sort of patience is one of many ways we've watched him grow in front of our own eyes. He hit a couple of them in the Jags game, but got impatient and went away from it, playing right into their hands. It didn't happen this time, he decisively chose these checkdowns until NE changed, and he changed with them, dropping dimes at all levels of the field when the coverage called for exploiting that level.

The offensive line was excellent against a daunting opponent, which also helped. 

I can remember sitting in these threads with you guys in the preseason of 2019, seeing a touch pass on one of his 2 or 3 drives against Carolina, and collectively remarking "hmm, we haven't seen that touch from him before." Pointing out that, while his game as a whole is pretty mediocre, his aptitude in random situations like the red zone, the 4th quarter, and 3rd-and-long was attention-grabbing. Experiencing the national-game-excellence for the first time against Dallas on Thanksgiving, which was the biggest Bills win of my life (and boy is that hilarious to imagine after getting to enjoy the last 16 months of Bills football). Watching Josh bloom the way he has is something I'm fairly convinced I'll never see again in sports.

Allen was an artist today. His QB performance in the biggest AFC east game since, probably, a Bills-Dolphins thriller in the early 90s, was a ballet that would match the best possible output of most men who have ever attempted to play the position professionally - moving seamlessly between ruthless efficiency, by-the-book within the play structure provided for him and dizzying, chaotic brilliance - but only as the situation called for it, never unnecessarily. Not every throw was perfect, but so many were jaw-dropping. 

There are probably a hundred different things you could look at that would tell you that this NE defense is the best in the league. The Bills never punted and every single drive (that didn't purposefully run the clock down in Qs 2 and 4) ended at, at worst, the NE 12 yard line. 

It was sometimes frustrating to watch the NE run game have its way as it did on 3 of 8 NE drives, but the reality is that our defense, when functioning to expectations, is quite complementary to our offense, when it is doing its job. Teams like NE can only run for so long when Josh is doing his thing. Eventually they are going to need to pass, going to need to be quicker and shifter and smarter than our secondary and linebackers. The teams that can gash us in the run game are not built this way, and so the Bills wind up with a top pass defense, year after year. In the cap world, and looking at the QBs of each division-leading team as of today, despite the success of the Indy/TEN/NE run games against us, I'm not convinced we are doing this the wrong way. And I'll gladly take a playoff game against any one of those teams. Bring it on. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.