2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Naw, they need a new stadium. It should also be downtown. Buffalo has been getting nowhere with their downtown for a while. Getting a stadium there would be a good way to reimagine it all. So would removing the skyway but that’s not happening.

I should have worded that better, and I agree a wholeheartedly on a Dome Stadium Downtown.

It’s pointless to build a new open air stadium in Orchard Park. 

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I should have worded that better, and I agree a wholeheartedly on a Dome Stadium Downtown.

It’s pointless to build a new open air stadium in Orchard Park. 

Dome stadiums are lame.  The atmosphere becomes like a corporate office or shopping mall.  Its more cost effective to build a new open air stadium in OP than to retrofit the Ralph.  Plus it allows the tailgating culture to continue. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, it's been like sixteen months since something new downtown opened.  Wonder why.

Buffalo’s downtown has incredibly little to be excited about. Canalside is their biggest draw and it’s a giant nothing burger once you’ve been there a few times.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Buffalo’s downtown has incredibly little to be excited about. Canalside is their biggest draw and it’s a giant nothing burger once you’ve been there a few times.

1.  You seem to be forgetting the arena, the stadium, and the theaters.

2.  There's more to do in downtown Buffalo's business district than in that of many other cities, even cities considerably larger than Buffalo.  You just don't know about it unless you live here.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

1.  You seem to be forgetting the arena, the stadium, and the theaters.

2.  There's more to do in downtown Buffalo's business district than in that of many other cities, even cities considerably larger than Buffalo.  You just don't know about it unless you live here.

Yea I moved away two years ago maybe the entire downtown was completely redone in the time since and I just missed it on my four visits since. (Insert friendly tongue face emoji to reassure friendly sarcasm)

59 minutes ago, freester said:

Dome stadiums are lame.  The atmosphere becomes like a corporate office or shopping mall.  Its more cost effective to build a new open air stadium in OP than to retrofit the Ralph.  Plus it allows the tailgating culture to continue. 

Domes can be used year round.

AECOM published a study in 2014 about future stadium possibilities in WNY, the most cost effective option was a retrofit of the existing stadium

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/the-case-for-keeping-the-bills-in-orchard-park/71-313698379

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freester said:

Man, that tailgating culture? Embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

All you fancy, big city folks don't know the meaning of a nothing burger.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Sometimes, yes, but mostly IMHO it’s a lot of people out to have a good time without crossing the line.  

That's true but the minority can ruin it for the rest. They need to quit almost promoting it as "great fans". One of the reasons I don't go to games is the unruly drunk fans. Some I think the game is secondary to the party.

7 minutes ago, Radar said:

That's true but the minority can ruin it for the rest. They need to quit almost promoting it as "great fans". One of the reasons I don't go to games is the unruly drunk fans. Some I think the game is secondary to the party.

The game was secondary to the party for about 2 decades. Now we're good again. Passing out in a puddle of your own piss and vomit before the game starts is no longer the best option.

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The game was secondary to the party for about 2 decades. Now we're good again. Passing out in a puddle of your own piss and vomit before the game starts is no longer the best option.

Speak for yourself. 

j/k.  I’d much rather watch from the comfort of my couch or patio bar. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Speak for yourself. 

j/k.  I’d much rather watch from the comfort of my couch or patio bar. 

Always from home. It's a bare minimum of 100x better than being there.

Of course the Bills are 0-13 when I'm in attendance, so that has probably skewed my perception.

A generation in the wilderness, plus Covid, has resulted in many fans not knowing the euphoria of experiencing in-person a huge home Bills win.

If it's a big late-season game, and the Bills are winning in the 4th quarter, and the other team has the ball, and the Bills break through for a sack -- holy freaking mackerel.  The stadium explodes.  There is nothing like it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

A generation in the wilderness, plus Covid, has resulted in many fans not knowing the euphoria of experiencing in-person a huge home Bills win.

If it's a big late-season game, and the Bills are winning in the 4th quarter, and the other team has the ball, and the Bills break through for a sack -- holy freaking mackerel.  The stadium explodes.  There is nothing like it.

The big snow game vs the Colts was nuts. It my wife, three brothers (girlfriends/wives) and two first cousins (one of them being a Colts fan). The color rush against the snow, the Tre snow angels (you could see that he was having a blast!) and the playful snowballs thrown at the sheriffs. I was grateful to be there. 

The win against the Packers was a really good one. Loudest game I’ve ever experienced. My Packers fan FIL rented a limo and brought a bottle of champagne “for the winner to enjoy on the ride home.” 

We were generous and poured him a glass😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

AFC East Clincher in 1988. Reich’s last minute TD Drive versus the Rams in 1989, the Comeback versus the Broncos in 1990, the AFC Championship Game in 1991, Carlton Bailey’s Pick Six in the 1992 Championship Game, the Comeback Game. 

Those were fun 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

AFC East Clincher in 1988. Reich’s last minute TD Drive versus the Rams in 1989, the Comeback versus the Broncos in 1990, the AFC Championship Game in 1991, Carlton Bailey’s Pick Six in the 1992 Championship Game, the Comeback Game. 

Those were fun 

Home opener '80.  The 1st time the goal posts got torn down.

Shula's last game in the '95 playoffs.

The Snow Globe game vs the Fish.

Those were fun.  😉

From John Wawrow’s Article 

The price tag for a new stadium is projected to be at $1.5 billion. That’s a considerable price tag for one of the NFL’s smallest markets, with questions focusing on how the costs would be split between public and private entities.

Renovating the current stadium wouldn’t come cheap. A 2014 study funded by the state projected it would cost $540 million for the next series of renovations, including structural improvements and rebuilding the stadium’s third deck.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-yankees-buffalo-bills-nfl-business-baseball-dfb0953c27612e954ecf5493035cc7f1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.