2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

A generation in the wilderness, plus Covid, has resulted in many fans not knowing the euphoria of experiencing in-person a huge home Bills win.

If it's a big late-season game, and the Bills are winning in the 4th quarter, and the other team has the ball, and the Bills break through for a sack -- holy freaking mackerel.  The stadium explodes.  There is nothing like it.

This made me warm and fuzzy inside 

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Well the last game I was at Roscoe Parrish lost 2 fumbles, Trent Edwards threw a pick and Derek Anderson threw for SEVENTEEN ***** YARDS and beat us.

You could've just said the piece about Anderson to let us know which game it was.

The 1st 2 items didn't exactly narrow it down much.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

You could've just said the piece about Anderson to let us know which game it was.

The 1st 2 items didn't exactly narrow it down much.  😉

And it was about 40 degrees, wet and windy and I had to sit with about a third of a beer freezing into my jeans. A girl 2 rows up directly behind me was sitting passed out in her own vomit before kickoff as I was arriving to my seat. That would normally be an omen, but here, it's pretty much par for the course. 

Yep, that one broke me. I figured no one could see them lose 13 times in a row. I was wrong.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Yea I moved away two years ago maybe the entire downtown was completely redone in the time since and I just missed it on my four visits since. (Insert friendly tongue face emoji to reassure friendly sarcasm)

You live in Charlotte or some such place.  There is nothing in the business district there, either.  Except for chain restaurants.  And nothing, anywhere in the world, has been redone in the last two years.  I hinted at it upthread, maybe you're not picking up on it, but there was this world-wide pandemic thing. 

You are not enhancing your return to Sabrespace by spouting nonsense about Buffalo, especially when you don't know anything about it anymore.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Home opener '80.  The 1st time the goal posts got torn down.

Shula's last game in the '95 playoffs.

The Snow Globe game vs the Fish.

Those were fun.  😉

I only remember two of those, you old man.  (I just wasn't into football in 1980.  It still was all hockey for me back then.)  EDIT:  Oh, wait, was that the Ferguson v Chargers year?  I remember that!

Edited by Eleven

I've only been to a single Bills game. I was pretty young, don't really remember it much, other than I think we made a small comeback to win?  This was probably early to mid 90s.

When I go to sports games (admittedly pretty rare for me, have only been to one since moving to New England (a Red Sox game)), the home team always wins.  The one exception was seeing the Yankees lose.  The downside? I've seen more Sabres games in Philly than I have in Buffalo.

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

You live in Charlotte or some such place.  There is nothing in the business district there, either.  Except for chain restaurants.  And nothing, anywhere in the world, has been redone in the last two years.  I hinted at it upthread, maybe you're not picking up on it, but there was this world-wide pandemic thing. 

You are not enhancing your return to Sabrespace by spouting nonsense about Buffalo, especially when you don't know anything about it anymore.

Nothing has changed in a meaningful way in Buffalo’s downtown since they started talking about the city’s resurgence. Once they got to a better place with Canalside and opened Harborcenter things just stopped (Harborcenter opened in October of 2014 - I know because I got a job that same day).

The concept that I would have to live in Buffalo to know what’s going on there is stupid and fragile. I have a lot of friends there, including many who are some of the most in-the-know people in the city (in politics, news and policing). I talk with some of them daily and many of them multiple times a week.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Nothing has changed in a meaningful way in Buffalo’s downtown since they started talking about the city’s resurgence. Once they got to a better place with Canalside and opened Harborcenter things just stopped (Harborcenter opened in October of 2014 - I know because I got a job that same day).

The concept that I would have to live in Buffalo to know what’s going on there is stupid and fragile. I have a lot of friends there, including many who are some of the most in-the-know people in the city (in politics, news and policing). I talk with some of them daily and many of them multiple times a week.

I completely disagree. You must be walkin on the wrong streets.

And canal side isn’t down town.

16 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Wanna open this can of worms…

Anyone following the Cole Beasley drama? Not only will he not receive the vaccine (a personal choice only he can decide), but he announced via Twitter that he will not follow Covid social guidelines either. 

And that’s the most mild way to put how ***** stupid he has been on Twitter about this. Threatened to retire. Then a history of homophobic tweets got dug up. I hope he tears both his ACLs celebrating a super bowl victory.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

And that’s the most mild way to put how ***** stupid he has been on Twitter about this. Threatened to retire. Then a history of homophobic tweets got dug up. I hope he tears both his ACLs celebrating a super bowl victory.

What did he tweet that was homophobic?  I googled this and didn’t find anything.  

51 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Oh, I definitely have person opinions on his actions. I didn’t see the homophobic stuff though. He’s a nice slice of Americana to say the least. And the frightening thing is he’s hardly alone. I wouldn’t even be surprised if there’s other players agreeing with him on the team. The thing is, the guy is definitely clutch, probably won 1-2 games for us last season. But, he’s not elite and not above the team. Cut him, if needed. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

What did he tweet that was homophobic?  I googled this and didn’t find anything.  

1A8DE649-7721-4ECC-8B12-F6293CC4D8DB.jpeg

He also later tweeted about getting medicine to feel better which is a slap in the face of god’s will, according to him.

12 hours ago, Hoss said:

This is just factually incorrect.  Nothing "stopped" in October 2014.  Multiple buildings have gone up since.  Many restaurants have opened and closed since.  I don't think you're connected with in-the-know people either; I would know if you were.

Enjoy the Ohio of the South.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Let’s chill out a bit please.

@Hoss — I think “homophobic” is a bit strong as an adjective for those tweets.  You have used “gay” here a number of times in a similar joking manner.  

That’s a flat out lie but predictable from you.

We’re years beyond a time where people could defend the use of the term “gay” as an insult. Move on. It’s not a good look.

Edited by Hoss

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s a flat out lie but predictable from you.

We’re years beyond a time where people could defend the use of the term “gay” as an insult. Move on. It’s not a good look.

as a note it was years ago that he seemingly made the "gay" tweets. Holding people to 2021 standards for something over 10 years old is also not a great look imho.

Also I don't have the greatest of memory but I don't recall Hoss making "gay" jokes. Heck as I recall he has been against them and the use of a certain "mental ignition timing" word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

as a note it was years ago that he seemingly made the "gay" tweets. Holding people to 2021 standards for something over 10 years old is also not a great look imho.

I actually agree. But when current behavior doesn’t live up to 2021 standards you have to consider the pattern.

48 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I actually agree. But when current behavior doesn’t live up to 2021 standards you have to consider the pattern.

So glad I am part of the last generation that didn't grow up with social media and smartphones to document and chronicle our youthful stupidity so that it lives forever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.