GDT: 2/27/21, 1pm Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

3 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

RK postgame:

Blames the busy schedule for preventing the players from matching Flyers energy (Sabres had played eight games, Flyers had played four in the same time period).  Says this, along with lack of practices, has caused a lack of sharpness and confidence.

Points out that defensive zone puck management was bad.  It seemed to be a tendency today to over-complicate and over-pass on offense too.

"There's no easy magic here.  It's grind, it's character, it's grit and bite that we need to find."

How in the hell does he plan to win a 7 game playoff series if he can't get his players to get up the gumption, the energy, to go through a tight scheduling?

I am sick and tired of Ralph freaking Krueger. Either the Pegula's fix this nonsense or, for a life long fan such as myself, why bother showing interest?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Pathetic that some of u guys want to trade the best powerplay weapon this org has had in decades. 

Its so stupid that it makes my ears bleed, like can you not see the problem here?! A good coach would use Victor where he is most productive.

Like look at Jack, Taylor and Jeff. Look at how the team is playing, you cant fkn trade a guy just because he isnt producing under Ralph in 5v5, he has played 1 season in NHL and already broken record, that is way more worth than half of the team for god sake.

Ralph is the problem and the only problem. 

If we had a team scoring goals, our superstars actually scoring goals, mentioning Victor then in these matters would be stupidity and you all know it.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well that was 2 1/2 hours of my life I'd like back. 

Worst game of the year so far. Zero entertainment value (although I did chuckle once when Montour and the Philly player mixed up the sticks they both lost). So Skinner is back and as a team we were back to zero effort, quit on plays, don't even bother trying hockey. Not saying that is related, but this was absolute crap.

Everybody sucked. Reinhart was back to being everything he's annoyed me with for years. Nobody leads, nobody gives extra. You know you have a serious problem when the best player on the ice (and even he wasn't great) is a guy just coming back from a major battle with covid. And there is no putting this on a goalie or a coach or any one or two players. All those would be valid points, but the entire team sucked bad. Philly walked to this victory and never had to break a sweat doing it. 

and I don't buy the idea that the core has lost knowing what it takes to win tough games, I think they're all a bunch of hockey karens who have never known what it takes. It's just not in their character. 

I feel bad for Dylan Cozens and the other kids. Welcome to losing culture. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that was 2 1/2 hours of my life I'd like back. 

Worst game of the year so far. Zero entertainment value (although I did chuckle once when Montour and the Philly player mixed up the sticks they both lost). So Skinner is back and as a team we were back to zero effort, quit on plays, don't even bother trying hockey. Not saying that is related, but this was absolute crap.

Everybody sucked. Reinhart was back to being everything he's annoyed me with for years. Nobody leads, nobody gives extra. You know you have a serious problem when the best player on the ice (and even he wasn't great) is a guy just coming back from a major battle with covid. And there is no putting this on a goalie or a coach or any one or two players. All those would be valid points, but the entire team sucked bad. Philly walked to this victory and never had to break a sweat doing it. 

and I don't buy the idea that the core has lost knowing what it takes to win tough games, I think they're all a bunch of hockey karens who have never known what it takes. It's just not in their character. 

I feel bad for Dylan Cozens and the other kids. Welcome to losing culture. 

Yep.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Eichel's gone this summer.  And if I was KA in looking to leverage a Tkachuk to buffalo. 

I greatly fear, but at the same time expect the Pegula's to force GMKA to execute the ROR trade version 2 with Eichel.  They don't want to pay the $7.5 million bonus due July 1st and rookie GMKA will have to get his best deal.  Every other GM will take advantage of this.  The "tank" failure will be complete!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Pathetic that some of u guys want to trade the best powerplay weapon this org has had in decades. 

Its so stupid that it makes my ears bleed, like can you not see the problem here?! A good coach would use Victor where he is most productive.

Like look at Jack, Taylor and Jeff. Look at how the team is playing, you cant fkn trade a guy just because he isnt producing under Ralph in 5v5, he has played 1 season in NHL and already broken record, that is way more worth than half of the team for god sake.

If we had a team scoring goals, our superstars actually scoring goals, mentioning Victor then in these matters would be stupidity and you all know it.

I disagree. 

I've been a Sabres fanatic since 1970, the year the team came in to existence. I am a Gilbert Perreault, a French Connection living memory block. After the 75 Cup series, I have 0, and I mean 0, reservations about trading ANY player.

I am as true to this team as any, the only thing that accounts, the only thing that matters, is that this organization win Lord Stanley's Cup. I am over 50 years old now, the clock has gotten much shorter for myself on seeing that in my lifetime, and the clock is ticking.

If trades, management/coaching changes make that happen, then so be it. My loyalty is to the LOGO on the Jersey, and what it has represented across my life time, long before Olofsson, Ullmark, and a large number of players have come along.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I disagree. 

I've been a Sabres fanatic since 1970, the year the team came in to existence. I am a Gilbert Perreault, a French Connection living memory block. After the 75 Cup series, I have 0, and I mean 0, reservations about trading ANY player.

I am as true to this team as any, the only thing that accounts, the only thing that matters, is that this organization win Lord Stanley's Cup. I am over 50 years old now, the clock has gotten much shorter for myself on seeing that in my lifetime, and the clock is ticking.

If trades, management/coaching changes make that happen, then so be it. My loyalty is to the LOGO on the Jersey, and what it has represented across my life time, long before Olofsson, Ullmark, and a large number of players have come along.

So,

We have Jack Eichle, Taylor hall and Jeff skinner. What your saying is that Victor should be traded, how on earth did u end up with that idea? 

Im honestly interested to hear what is going trough your mind in this case.

Let me tell you one thing, trading Victor is not going to fix this team and if you dont see that well then your as lost as this team is right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

So,

We have Jack Eichle, Taylor hall and Jeff skinner. What your saying is that Victor should be traded, how on earth did u end up with that idea? 

Im honestly interested to hear what is going trough your mind in this case.

Let me tell you one thing, trading Victor is not going to fix this team and if you dont see that well then your as lost as this team is right now. 

MODO, I'd like to paste a post I made both earlier in this GDT, as well as another thread started by Crusader. I would like to post the Crusader thread one,  If you would indulge in reading it, I would be greatful. And I completely understand your stance, your countrymen are on the list, but, I believe you to be a SABRES FAN, and as such, would understand my view of the organization. This isn't against Ullmark, nor Olofsson, nor any other individual player.

Posted this in the GDT just in the past hour

"I would fire Adams and Krueger, trade Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Ullmark, Staal, Hall, Risto, Montour, Dahlin and Miller for packages of draft picks and prospects still developing. Let other contracts run out, try to move Skinner and Okposo, but wouldn't be paramount if we dumped all of the salary in the trades mentioned above. The Eichel and Reinhart trades alone could rebuild your top 6 center spine and then some, let alone the other trades.

It's just not worth it to try and continue on with this nonsense, because that is just what it is, a joke, pure nonsense.

Hire a well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff will fill out.

This isn't working, and it's actually harmful to the organizational brand on a broader scale."

This would be a rebuild, but, NOT A TANK! Just a rebuild. Prospects that can play, young roster players, draft picks. A do over, if you will, without intentionally losing games. The driving force would be, TO WIN!

You speak to Linus, I've seen your posts.

Before you read my pasted post, pass this message along to him, not only for him, but for the entire locker room. I'd be greatly appreciated. Here is my message, may it reach the ears of the players:

"You, and only you, can change the direction of events. Your actions, your play, your comradery with your team mates. I watch, night after night, day after day. You have it within you to make it happen, to make the difference. We believe. Now, it is up to each and everyone of you who put on that Jersey to do the same, to believe."

I have no idea if that will make a difference, but, if you could convey that message, and that message was conveyed by Linus, to the team, it can't hurt.

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Nice job Ralph. Motivated the heck out of them today. Got a ton of production and you got them doin it the right way. Very impressive. Can’t wait to see what you squeeze out of them tomorrow. 

The team meeting will solve all of this.

Although, Ralph once again told Skinner to go to the Press Box for tomorrow's team meeting 😄

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

RK may not be"the problem " but he's a significant one.

5 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m here in Vegas and will tell you Gallant isn’t going to be the answer. And not no to Bruce Boudreau but hell no.

I just don’t understand these comments.  If Gallant, Boudreau or any such retread came here and equaled their past production this fan base would go crazy, the culture would change, and hockey would be fun.  We first need a coach/GM to just get us respectable and respected.  

I don’t buy the theory that tough coaches don’t relate to the players of today.  If true, they would be mentally weak players that we don’t want anyway, but likely have an abundance of.  

Edited by Pimlach

3 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

RK postgame:

Blames the busy schedule for preventing the players from matching Flyers energy (Sabres had played eight games, Flyers had played four in the same time period).  Says this, along with lack of practices, has caused a lack of sharpness and confidence.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow.

I'll *****in do it again.jpg

6EGyfUC.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

MODO, I'd like to paste a post I made both earlier in this GDT, as well as another thread started by Crusader. I would like to post the Crusader thread one,  If you would indulge in reading it, I would be greatful. And I completely understand your stance, your countrymen are on the list, but, I believe you to be a SABRES FAN, and as such, would understand my view of the organization. This isn't against Ullmark, nor Olofsson, nor any other individual player.

Posted this in the GDT just in the past hour

"I would fire Adams and Krueger, trade Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Ullmark, Staal, Hall, Risto, Montour, Dahlin and Miller for packages of draft picks and prospects still developing. Let other contracts run out, try to move Skinner and Okposo, but wouldn't be paramount if we dumped all of the salary in the trades mentioned above. The Eichel and Reinhart trades alone could rebuild your top 6 center spine and then some, let alone the other trades.

It's just not worth it to try and continue on with this nonsense, because that is just what it is, a joke, pure nonsense.

Hire a well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff will fill out.

This isn't working, and it's actually harmful to the organizational brand on a broader scale."

This would be a rebuild, but, NOT A TANK! Just a rebuild. Prospects that can play, young roster players, draft picks. A do over, if you will, without intentionally losing games. The driving force would be, TO WIN!

You speak to Linus, I've seen your posts.

Before you read my pasted post, pass this message along to him, not only for him, but for the entire locker room. I'd be greatly appreciated. Here is my message, may it reach the ears of the players:

"You, and only you, can change the direction of events. Your actions, your play, your comradery with your team mates. I watch, night after night, day after day. You have it within you to make it happen, to make the difference. We believe. Now, it is up to each and everyone of you who put on that Jersey to do the same, to believe."

I have no idea if that will make a difference, but, if you could convey that message, and that message was conveyed by Linus, to the team, it can't hurt.

Scotty.  If you trade all those players you will tank and you leave nothing for the “well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff “   to work with.  Let’s start with hiring one good and experienced hockey guy and let him help Adams build from there.  Unloading all the best players is not going to attract anyone decent.  

We are learning what we suspected all along.  Ralph us not an NHL coach.  He was a bizarre hire that came out of the blue.  I still think Adams made some good moves in a tough financial environment this off season.  He is operating under unprecedented circumstances with Covid, odd schedules, and financial constraints beyond even the Golisano era.  

Rather than fire everyone again let’s just hire hockey front office help and a new coach, trade some of the deadwood, and improve scouting and player development.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

The team meeting will solve all of this.

Although, Ralph once again told Skinner to go to the Press Box for tomorrow's team meeting 😄

salt the espresso              and maybe, grow some                wonder what Patty Kaleta would say             wonder what Jay McKee would say

KA's seat's gotta feel warm (and I still support him, gotta be tough)...

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

I greatly fear, but at the same time expect the Pegula's to force GMKA to execute the ROR trade version 2 with Eichel.  They don't want to pay the $7.5 million bonus due July 1st and rookie GMKA will have to get his best deal.  Every other GM will take advantage of this.  The "tank" failure will be complete!

I don't know if this is true but I do wonder how tight they are being in the pocketbook? At the beginning of the year there was mention of an internal cap. Is that why GMKA hasn't gone out and gotten a goaltender?

Did someone say hell no, Okposo won't go...to the minors because I'm not paying him all that money for nothing so he stays in the lineup. 

Is Terry the cheapest multi-billionaire ever? 

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I don't know if this is true but I do wonder how tight they are being in the pocketbook? At the beginning of the year there was mention of an internal cap. Is that why GMKA hasn't gone out and gotten a goaltender?

Did someone say hell no, Okposo won't go...to the minors because I'm not paying him all that money for nothing so he stays in the lineup. 

Is Terry the cheapest multi-billionaire ever? 

Don't think any of that is true.  Skinner has been benched with no pushback from the owners.  The team dished out $8M for Hall, something they would have not done if there is an internal cap, and Adams could have signed a goalie during the offseason, and can still make a trade for one if he wishes to do so.

Okposo is in the lineup (and wearing an 'A' to boot) because Krueger likes his game.  Make of that what you will.

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Scotty.  If you trade all those players you will tank and you leave nothing for the “well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff “   to work with.  Let’s start with hiring one good and experienced hockey guy and let him help Adams build from there.  Unloading all the best players is not going to attract anyone decent.  

We are learning what we suspected all along.  Ralph us not an NHL coach.  He was a bizarre hire that came out of the blue.  I still think Adams made some good moves in a tough financial environment this off season.  He is operating under unprecedented circumstances with Covid, odd schedules, and financial constraints beyond even the Golisano era.  

Rather than fire everyone again let’s just hire hockey front office help and a new coach, trade some of the deadwood, and improve scouting and player development.  

I liked the Ralph hire at the time. Terry whined that he had been burned by the recommendations of Disco Dan and Phil, and went outside the box. Also, the veteran coaches didn’t seem to want to come here, IIRC. I was okay with the dice roll, if it wasn’t gonna be Gronborg. 

We easily see now that Ralph isn’t the answer. There are a handful of veteran coaches available right now. How much longer do we have to wait for a coaching change?

This is the best collection of talent the Sabres have had on a roster in probably a decade or more. The fact that they look like as bad as they do, mathematically cannot be the roster at fault, but the coaching. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Can they record fans booing them off the ice please! It’s pathetic to watch

You have a point.  We're supposed to be able to submit videos for consideration for them to use.  We should start posting on Bills Mafia pages to send in BOOOO videos.

If we can raise a half million dollars for Lamar Jackson's charity, we can probably get several hundred BOOO videos.  That might catch their attention.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.