GDT: 1/26/21 7pm ET NY Rangers at Buffalo, MSG & WGR

jsb

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

*checks notes* 

Not sucking horribly I believe is the current standard. 

FTFY.  "Not sucking" is too high.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
Quadruple post -- UI problem.

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Growing belief around NHL that Jack Eichel will end up on the New York Rangers??? 

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/growing-belief-around-nhl-circles-that-jack-eichel-will-be-on-the-rangers-one-day/

Does the entitlement ever stop with NY and Boston fans when they think a player should be on their team?

• Like (+1) 2

Well these next 4 games will be an opportunity to turn some national heads around because the vast amount of talk concerning us is we'll end up last in the division including The Athletic which basically gives us a zero chance to make the playoffs. I'm of the opinion we'll end up 6th at worst but I've been wrong before

11 minutes ago, jsb said:

Well these next 4 games will be an opportunity to turn some national heads around because the vast amount of talk concerning us is we'll end up last in the division including The Athletic which basically gives us a zero chance to make the playoffs. I'm of the opinion we'll end up 6th at worst but I've been wrong before

Until stuff starts to go truly sideways will go with them ending up 3rd.  But could definitely see the GT not being good enough to prevent sideways (or worse).

Hutton's reflexes were good in his 2nd start, even though the movement was still suspect.  In that 3rd start, he was bringing it all together before catching the elbow that bounced his melon off the pipe.  If he could somehow keep up that level of play & Ullmark can reduce his accidental wandering beyond the blue paint, maybe things don't go sideways.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Growing belief around NHL that Jack Eichel will end up on the New York Rangers??? 

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/growing-belief-around-nhl-circles-that-jack-eichel-will-be-on-the-rangers-one-day/

I'm not saying that Eichel will forever remain a Sabre.  There is certainly a real chance he leaves. My issue falls with this blog, and their middling effort and timing.  How natural a Rangers blog posts this before their first matchup. BS blogging, begging for clicks.  I would put money this is a saved draft from November.

First quote, an ESPN post from May 2020. Then tweets from Bobby Margarita, we already know from September.  Followed by an Athletic article prior to the start of the season. Also sprinkling in some Buffalo News articles.  Create original content.  This screams lack of knowledge, (failing to name a single prospect, other than Rangers' "prospect pool depth") "look-at-me-article."   

Forever Blue Shirts, I applaud you copying and pasting articles, tweets, and data from Greg Wyshynski, Bob McKenzie, Craig Custance, Lance Lysowski, Matthew Wuest (RIP), and CapFriendly dating back 8+ months.

• Like (+1) 1

Rangers are at a similar crossroads to the Sabres: They've played better than their record might suggest three straight one-goal losses) and they desperately need a win to avoid falling behind in the race early. They got a lot of guys (Lafreniere, DeAngelo, Krieder, Zibanejad) who haven't produced yet. They will be prepared.

They can score. Not sure how good they are a stopping it. I'm curious to see how Ralph uses home ice to neutralize Panarin and get advantages for Eichel and Hall

Lot of similarities between the teams on paper. I'd like to see the Sabres make a statement as to which team is going to be a real factor.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.