GDT: 1/26/21 7pm ET NY Rangers at Buffalo, MSG & WGR

jsb

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

I kinda like Irwin's game tonight. Good pass/clear for the assist. His latest shift had a strong pinch and then solid work in his own zone. Sure, I'd rather have Joker healthy, but Irwin has looked like a solid vet.

His hands and passing don’t seem to be the best, but he sure has jump and physicality. All you can ask out of a vet 7D

Edited by triumph_communes

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Super-solid player. I joined the 'Space after his time, but I imagine there had to be consternation about him being a center after we lost Drury/Briere. But one of those guys you can play anywhere on any line.

The Rangers are young and starting to unravel. It's good. Now, punish them. (And don't overpass the puck)

It's one of the many cases where the coaching staff gave a player the toughest defensive assignments and the fans think he "appears to struggle offensively" even though they're still productive.  Dude worked harder than most on both sides of the puck, but that didn't stop fans from losing their ***** when he was made a rotating captain.  Second best German player by NHL points of all time and 13th all-time Sabres GP, but that don't matter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

One of the most underrated Sabres of all time and a popular whipping boy by this board for an entire decade.

I remember sitting next to a fan at a game that kept screaming “BROKEN JOCHEN” every time he touched the puck. It was very annoying. I asked him to cut it out, but he pretended he didn’t hear me. 

25 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

His hands and passing don’t seem to be the best, but he sure has jump and physicality. All you can ask out of a vet 7D

I thought Irwin's 1st period was awful but then I realized it was his first live action and by the second period he was looking better.

There isn't much about Cozens's game I don't like.  He has some growing to do but already has a very good nose for the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.