2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If Kane continued to be smart, he’d continue to stay away from Buffalo. He’d be better off in Vegas, Tampa, Colorado, or Dallas.

I wonder if he is past all of his old habits now; I mean it’s not like he’s in his early 20s anymore. He should be somewhat matured by now no matter what type of temptations are around him. 

I get your point about cup contenders though. But he has had his fill with that. 

Edited by I-90 W
Had to make a correction
51 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I wonder if he is past all of his old habits now; I mean it’s not like he’s in his early 20s anymore. He should be somewhat matured by now no matter what type of temptations are around him. 

I get your point about cup contenders though. But he has had his fill with that. 

What do you mean by… “He has had his fill“?

Because to me that sounds like he doesn’t care if he wins a cup and that he just potentially wants play in Buffalo…

And if that’s what you’re implying… I completely disagree. I think a player wants to win cups, as many as possible for as long as possible. Granted, some players like where they live and a cup isn’t as important, as location. But I don’t think Kane is built that way. He can come back to Buffalo at the youngish age of 39-40 years old after retirement and live like a king for many decades. I think some fans put too much stock in players birth towns. 

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What do you mean by… “He has had his fill“?

Because to me that sounds like he doesn’t care if he wins a cup and that he just potentially wants play in Buffalo…

And if that’s what you’re implying… I completely disagree. I think a player wants to win cups, as many as possible for as long as possible. Granted, some players like where they live and a cup isn’t as important, as location. But I don’t think Kane is built that way. He can come back to Buffalo at the youngish age of 39-40 years old after retirement and live like a king for many decades. I think some fans put too much stock in players birth towns. 

What do I mean? My point is self evident; the man has won three Stanley Cups. Three of them. It’s plausible that he would want to play as a Sabre given that he grew up a Sabres fan.

Every time I have ever heard of a big name player looking for a team that’s a contender (when already in a contract) it’s because they haven’t gotten a cup yet.

Wouldn’t you want to play for the Sabres if you could, or would that not mean anything to you?

Edited by I-90 W
typo
46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree, why should Kane care about Buffalo. He hasn't lived here in what? 12 years?

I’m not advocating for Pat Kane. It’s fairly well known that I don’t like him and his family personally. I’m pretty sure that him and Jack don’t particularly like each other.

However, he has talked about finishing his career here. Those that know him say he has matured a great deal. Finally, he is a tremendous hockey player whose skill set likely means he can continue to play at a high level for a longer time then most.

• Like (+1) 2
8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m not advocating for Pat Kane. It’s fairly well known that I don’t like him and his family personally. I’m pretty sure that him and Jack don’t particularly like each other.

However, he has talked about finishing his career here. Those that know him say he has matured a great deal. Finally, he is a tremendous hockey player whose skill set likely means he can continue to play at a high level for a longer time then most.

Kane and Eichel don’t like each other? Do tell! Have never heard anything about this before.

Also what’s up with Kane’s family?

9 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Kane and Eichel don’t like each other? Do tell! Have never heard anything about this before.

Also what’s up with Kane’s family?

Didn't Kane's dad get in trouble for selling hockey stuff out of his basement?

20 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Sure, after his current contract expires i could be interested but not currently. 

7 hours ago, I-90 W said:

That’s news to me, was it stolen goods or something? 

Thought it was unlicensed merch.

6 hours ago, I-90 W said:

This article was written two days ago, feel like it covers all aspects. 
https://thehockeywriters.com/kane-sabres-trade-makes-sense/

I don't agree. That contract makes it prohibitive and a bad idea. 

• Like (+1) 1
9 hours ago, I-90 W said:

This article was written two days ago, feel like it covers all aspects. 
https://thehockeywriters.com/kane-sabres-trade-makes-sense/

Lost me at: Buffalo would need to be prepared to part ways with potentially rising talent that includes any or all of Dahlin, Reinhart, and Mittelstad

• Like (+1) 1
7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Lost me at: Buffalo would need to be prepared to part ways with potentially rising talent that includes any or all of Dahlin, Reinhart, and Mittelstad

Dahlin is the deal breaker and I doubt Sam is the forward they want. If they are blowing it up, they want to start younger, like Cozens.

• Like (+1) 2

Any GM who traded a 20-year-old $3.7 million Rasmus Dahlin for a 32-year-old $10.5 million Patrick Kane would automatically become the worst GM in Sabres history.

Pure mom's basement article.

• Like (+1) 7
1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I wouldn’t trade Dahlin for Kane straight up, let alone add anything more.

• Like (+1) 5

Click bate, in a long offseason, at it's finest.

Kane is fantastic, but him coming to Buffalo now is just nonsense.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
the comma is underrated and I don't write English very goodly
  • Like (+1) 4
32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Should we pass a board rule against that website?  It seems like pure crapola.  

Not necessarily, I would mandate any article containing a trade proposal of similar absurdity, be labeled as such by the original poster. 

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree, why should Kane care about Buffalo. He hasn't lived here in what? 12 years?

Not advocating for this ( click-batey) trade, playing devil's advocate, I guess...  I was born in Buffalo, haven't lived there in 21 years, aside from a year (part time) after law school... but I still love Buffalo.  Just because you've left a place for a while, doesn't mean you're rid of it, especially if it's where you were raised.

Edited by Shmuffalo

Guys, I’m not saying I would do it. I’m saying that this is probably what it would take and think the article covered all aspects.

Problem with this talk is when you say trade Dahlin, people say it’s a junk article and not realistic. When you don’t offer up something of great value, people say it’s a junk article and not realistic. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Should we pass a board rule against that website?  It seems like pure crapola.  

I think that’s what we’ve been griping about threads like these in general.  It just turns into mouse potato central making ***** up to see who gets riled.  

“Some or all of the content shared in this post is disputed and might be misleading about a trade or other NHL process.”

Seems like we should be used to this sort of thing by now.

Edited by SwampD
8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Any GM who traded a 20-year-old $3.7 million Rasmus Dahlin for a 32-year-old $10.5 million Patrick Kane would automatically become the worst GM in Sabres history.

Pure mom's basement article.

I wouldn't trade Cozens for Kane straight up even if Chicago took back some of Kane's contract. As you stated this is an internet bravado whose fantasy hockey imagination has run amuck. Because of the age differential I wouldn't even trade Reinhart in a straight up deal.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Bold prediction. Rasmus Dahlin scores more points per 60min than Kane this year. 

9 hours ago, steveoath said:

If Chicago called and asked for Dahlin I'd laugh them off the phone. 

• Like (+1) 2