2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why the hell would we trade Reinhart for Hanifin? Good lord no.

Because like um ... he’s not elite, or like um he doesn’t skate like super fast, or like um he doesn’t have sick dekes, or like um he doesn’t lay big heavy body checks, or like um he kicks puppies in the off season.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shootica said:

I don't see anything on his Twitter, where did he mention this?

I don't think Murphy has the best reputation as an insider, but that Boston hockey circle is really well connected.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he has good Intel on Hanifin.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-hanifin-trade-talks-pick-up-steam

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

My trade-

BUF gets

1. Hanifin, Noah
  2. Gaudreau, Johnny
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (EDM)

CGY gets

1. McCabe, Jake
  2. Miller, Colin
  3. Reinhart, Sam
  4. 2021 1st round pick (BUF)

That would be a gut punch for us.

That really doesn't help us at all as we lose our 1st and Sam Reinhart to get 2 years of a smaller speedy winger which we already have a plethora of, and Hanifin while still holding onto Risto and Montour.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 12:16 PM, dudacek said:

Is Hanifan better than Risto or Montour, or is he just carrying the rep of his draft status?

Myself, I dunno, but the Bruins are also mentioned as a team interested in him and they seem to know how to evaluate D men pretty good over the years so I'm going to say yes he is better. 

Regarding some sort of deal around Reinhart for Hanifin, perhaps they are thinking ahead and have a desire to resign Hall and thus not be able to meet Sam's money going forward. One can't know at this point. 

New rumor.  I had a dream last night the Sabre's traded for someone with a $7MM salary (not sure if it was cap hit or actual salary for 2021).  We did not send money back the other way so I was thinking "wow, more moves must be on the way."

So right now the Sabre's are working to trade for one of these guys: 

image.thumb.png.ec723c517443094d8b678ac7162966a2.png

Or one of these guys:

image.thumb.png.bfdf0f11948838daee24456ec2a135df.png

I feel this is just as legitimate (if not more) than an Eklund trade rumor...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Epic Sweet Lou trade...Would Sabres even want Kane?

Kane to Buffalo

Reinhart, Miller, Routsalainen, and Buffalo 2021 1st rd

If Kane continued to be smart, he’d continue to stay away from Buffalo. He’d be better off in Vegas, Tampa, Colorado, or Dallas.

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If Kane continued to be smart, he’d continue to stay away from Buffalo. He’d be better off in Vegas, Tampa, Colorado, or Dallas.

I wonder if he is past all of his old habits now; I mean it’s not like he’s in his early 20s anymore. He should be somewhat matured by now no matter what type of temptations are around him. 

I get your point about cup contenders though. But he has had his fill with that. 

Edited by I-90 W
Had to make a correction

51 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I wonder if he is past all of his old habits now; I mean it’s not like he’s in his early 20s anymore. He should be somewhat matured by now no matter what type of temptations are around him. 

I get your point about cup contenders though. But he has had his fill with that. 

What do you mean by… “He has had his fill“?

Because to me that sounds like he doesn’t care if he wins a cup and that he just potentially wants play in Buffalo…

And if that’s what you’re implying… I completely disagree. I think a player wants to win cups, as many as possible for as long as possible. Granted, some players like where they live and a cup isn’t as important, as location. But I don’t think Kane is built that way. He can come back to Buffalo at the youngish age of 39-40 years old after retirement and live like a king for many decades. I think some fans put too much stock in players birth towns. 

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What do you mean by… “He has had his fill“?

Because to me that sounds like he doesn’t care if he wins a cup and that he just potentially wants play in Buffalo…

And if that’s what you’re implying… I completely disagree. I think a player wants to win cups, as many as possible for as long as possible. Granted, some players like where they live and a cup isn’t as important, as location. But I don’t think Kane is built that way. He can come back to Buffalo at the youngish age of 39-40 years old after retirement and live like a king for many decades. I think some fans put too much stock in players birth towns. 

What do I mean? My point is self evident; the man has won three Stanley Cups. Three of them. It’s plausible that he would want to play as a Sabre given that he grew up a Sabres fan.

Every time I have ever heard of a big name player looking for a team that’s a contender (when already in a contract) it’s because they haven’t gotten a cup yet.

Wouldn’t you want to play for the Sabres if you could, or would that not mean anything to you?

Edited by I-90 W
typo

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I agree, why should Kane care about Buffalo. He hasn't lived here in what? 12 years?

I’m not advocating for Pat Kane. It’s fairly well known that I don’t like him and his family personally. I’m pretty sure that him and Jack don’t particularly like each other.

However, he has talked about finishing his career here. Those that know him say he has matured a great deal. Finally, he is a tremendous hockey player whose skill set likely means he can continue to play at a high level for a longer time then most.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m not advocating for Pat Kane. It’s fairly well known that I don’t like him and his family personally. I’m pretty sure that him and Jack don’t particularly like each other.

However, he has talked about finishing his career here. Those that know him say he has matured a great deal. Finally, he is a tremendous hockey player whose skill set likely means he can continue to play at a high level for a longer time then most.

Kane and Eichel don’t like each other? Do tell! Have never heard anything about this before.

Also what’s up with Kane’s family?

9 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Kane and Eichel don’t like each other? Do tell! Have never heard anything about this before.

Also what’s up with Kane’s family?

Didn't Kane's dad get in trouble for selling hockey stuff out of his basement?

20 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Sure, after his current contract expires i could be interested but not currently. 

7 hours ago, I-90 W said:

That’s news to me, was it stolen goods or something? 

Thought it was unlicensed merch.

6 hours ago, I-90 W said:

This article was written two days ago, feel like it covers all aspects. 
https://thehockeywriters.com/kane-sabres-trade-makes-sense/

I don't agree. That contract makes it prohibitive and a bad idea. 

• Like (+1) 1