Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger mentioned word on the street is that Arizona is looking to get their payroll down into the sixties and any Arizona Player 25  or over could be moved 

Can we trick them into thinking Dvorak is 26? Otherwise they don't have a ton of interesting assets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Blues tell Peter-Angelo to go to UFA

Insert Gif of Terry opening up his chequebook...

And another of Newport Sports rubbing their hands over how much the Sabres will help them get from Toronto.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Insert Gif of Terry opening up his chequebook...

And another of Newport Sports rubbing their hands over how much the Sabres will help them get from Toronto.

Bold is all too likely. 

Boy, would I like to add him, especially after getting Staal for no financial cost. Is it financially possible? 

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1933005

Welcome to the playoffs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Insert Gif of Terry opening up his chequebook...

And another of Newport Sports rubbing their hands over how much the Sabres will help them get from Toronto.

Problem is Leafs have to dump a ton of payroll to sign him and no one is bailing anyone out this offseason with the pandemic realities.  If Dubass can’t dump the money they won’t sign him.  Leafs can’t be in a bidding war with anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did the rumor of Terry being enamored with Pietrangelo come from?

Edit: Found it!

 

Edited by Shootica
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Where did the rumor of Terry being enamored with Pietrangelo come from?

Edit: Found it!

 

Still not liking the idea of Terry or Kim being overly involved in the teambuilding process. They are the owners I get that but I’m not sure how many fanboys have built cup winners in the past. Let the gm and the scouts do that.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Still not liking the idea of Terry or Kim being overly involved in the teambuilding process. They are the owners I get that but I’m not sure how many fanboys have built cup winners in the past. Let the gm and the scouts do that.

Agreed.

Although if they set an internal cap due to financial reasons but decide that they'd be willing to go over for a player like Pietrangelo, I can't fault them for that.  Because realistically, signing him would immediately put us well over any internal cap.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Bold is all too likely. 

Boy, would I like to add him, especially after getting Staal for no financial cost. Is it financially possible? 

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1933005

Welcome to the playoffs.

 

Moulson-level mistake IMO.  If he wants 8 x 7, that does not fit the Sabres' schedule for moving forward.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Still not liking the idea of Terry or Kim being overly involved in the teambuilding process. They are the owners I get that but I’m not sure how many fanboys have built cup winners in the past. Let the gm and the scouts do that.

I think it's highly unlikely that post has any real credibility.  It's easily consumed because of the perceptions.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shootica said:

Where did the rumor of Terry being enamored with Pietrangelo come from?

Edit: Found it!

 

Which rumor should we believe?  This one where he’s willing to spend ungodly amounts of money to sign Pietrangelo or the rumor where he’s spending 10 million below the Cap?  And these are literally days apart.  They are contradictory.  Are they not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Which rumor should we believe?  This one where he’s willing to spend ungodly amounts of money to sign Pietrangelo or the rumor where he’s spending 10 million below the Cap?  And these are literally days apart.  They are contradictory.  Are they not? 

Not necessarily, the Pegulas aren’t broke but, like many other teams, are trying to reduce their financial losses.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shootica said:

Where did the rumor of Terry being enamored with Pietrangelo come from?

Edit: Found it!

 

If they sign him, then all the internal salary cap rumours were ***** 🙂 .  also better make room and trade risto and montour then.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

If they sign him, then all the internal salary cap rumours were ***** 🙂 .  also better make room and trade risto and montour then.

I built a roster yesterday that came in around 75 mil, adding Pietrangelo, Copp, and Fast (and also 2 picks next year, after only having 5)

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1933005

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I built a roster yesterday that came in around 75 mil, adding Pietrangelo, Copp, and Fast (and also 2 picks next year, after only having 5)

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1933005

If the 75m can get to $78m and you buyout Hutts and pick up Raanta  or Keumper ($4m cap type) and that is an impressive line up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jsb said:

Did you decide to let Montour walk for nothing in return??

In my mind I was dealing him for futures - I tend to forget him. That's good though - add another pick or two by dealing his rights. Some youth on the 3rd pair, right side is the price we pay to have that deep group of forwards, and a great D top 4. Picks replenished, as well, and its a budget team at 75. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steveoath said:

So, I from time to time have entertained the idea of trading for Kessel.  I didn't watch him this year in AZ, and his #s this year were way down, but until this past season he's been a no-BS top-6 RW who is fast and can score in multiple ways.  He's also kinda nutty and moody like Skinner, so that would have to be considered.

In any case, though, he's a guy who will probably be available pretty cheaply, as AZ is looking to dump payroll, his production was down last year, he turns 33 next month and he makes $6MM cash (and a $6.8MM cap hit) per year, with 2 more years on his deal.  So the price to get him, the fit for the Sabres' need, the relatively short commitment and even the slight cash-to-cap discount all seem in line for this to be plausible.

A 2nd line of Skinner-Staal-Kessel would be very dangerous and entertaining.

Just sayin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, I from time to time have entertained the idea of trading for Kessel.  I didn't watch him this year in AZ, and his #s this year were way down, but until this past season he's been a no-BS top-6 RW who is fast and can score in multiple ways.  He's also kinda nutty and moody like Skinner, so that would have to be considered.

In any case, though, he's a guy who will probably be available pretty cheaply, as AZ is looking to dump payroll, his production was down last year, he turns 33 next month and he makes $6MM cash (and a $6.8MM cap hit) per year, with 2 more years on his deal.  So the price to get him, the fit for the Sabres' need, the relatively short commitment and even the slight cash-to-cap discount all seem in line for this to be plausible.

A 2nd line of Skinner-Staal-Kessel would be very dangerous and entertaining.

Just sayin'.

I think, like Freddy Andersen, he had a $5M bonus so he is actually only $1M cash this year and $6M next year.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, I from time to time have entertained the idea of trading for Kessel.  I didn't watch him this year in AZ, and his #s this year were way down, but until this past season he's been a no-BS top-6 RW who is fast and can score in multiple ways.  He's also kinda nutty and moody like Skinner, so that would have to be considered.

In any case, though, he's a guy who will probably be available pretty cheaply, as AZ is looking to dump payroll, his production was down last year, he turns 33 next month and he makes $6MM cash (and a $6.8MM cap hit) per year, with 2 more years on his deal.  So the price to get him, the fit for the Sabres' need, the relatively short commitment and even the slight cash-to-cap discount all seem in line for this to be plausible.

A 2nd line of Skinner-Staal-Kessel would be very dangerous and entertaining.

Just sayin'.

Jesper Fast will give you better even strength offensive production, twice the defensive responsibility, at half the cost. For the price of no assets. 

Trouble is he has to agree to come. But I hope they are planning on kicking tires. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think, like Freddy Andersen, he had a $5M bonus so he is actually only $1M cash this year and $6M next year.

Good observation.  Seems like a match made in heaven for the new Pegula plan to help "maintain their lifestyle".  Contract notwithstanding, our second round  + a solid prospect seems excessive for a cap dump, no?  I mean is he a PPG Phil or .5 PPG Phil? 

image.thumb.png.9e03a7f7edc4f221d6f9f3416c8f2e0d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Good observation.  Seems like a match made in heaven for the new Pegula plan to help "maintain their lifestyle".  Contract notwithstanding, our second round  + a solid prospect seems excessive for a cap dump, no?  I mean is he a PPG Phil or .5 PPG Phil? 

image.thumb.png.9e03a7f7edc4f221d6f9f3416c8f2e0d.png

I’ll ignore the lifestyle quote but I wouldn’t give up that for Kessel either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, I from time to time have entertained the idea of trading for Kessel.  I didn't watch him this year in AZ, and his #s this year were way down, but until this past season he's been a no-BS top-6 RW who is fast and can score in multiple ways.  He's also kinda nutty and moody like Skinner, so that would have to be considered.

In any case, though, he's a guy who will probably be available pretty cheaply, as AZ is looking to dump payroll, his production was down last year, he turns 33 next month and he makes $6MM cash (and a $6.8MM cap hit) per year, with 2 more years on his deal.  So the price to get him, the fit for the Sabres' need, the relatively short commitment and even the slight cash-to-cap discount all seem in line for this to be plausible.

A 2nd line of Skinner-Staal-Kessel would be very dangerous and entertaining.

Just sayin'.

Kessel’s game is gonna fall off a cliff when his time comes.  I don’t know that I’d want him for any more than a season at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Jesper Fast will give you better even strength offensive production, twice the defensive responsibility, at half the cost. For the price of no assets. 

Trouble is he has to agree to come. But I hope they are planning on kicking tires. 

Whoa.

Fast, pts last 4 seasons:  21, 33, 20, 29

Kessel, pts last 4 seasons:  70, 92, 82, 38

I agree on defensive responsibility, but they are not comparable in scoring ability.

 

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Kessel’s game is gonna fall off a cliff when his time comes.  I don’t know that I’d want him for any more than a season at a time.

Now this is fair.  Taking the risk on the 2nd year is part of the price here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...