Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m betting this is a myth that could be or already has been debunked by our analytics community.

Just now, erickompositör72 said:

If so, it is perpetuated by exhibits Drew Stafford and Jeff Skinner

If Eichel scores 60 goals in his next contract year its one thing. If Girgensons scores 20 then it’s something else.

15 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If Eichel scores 60 goals in his next contract year its one thing. If Girgensons scores 20 then it’s something else.

17 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

If so, it is perpetuated by exhibits Drew Stafford and Jeff Skinner

Skinner scored 37 goals two years before his 40 and while he has struggled this year, there have also been some extenuating circumstances, i.e. bad luck and poor line mates.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

I perceive them as offence-first, physically limited wingers who don’t really add to our core long-term. Marchesseault is clearly better than the other two, but, I suspect that like the other two he will likely be less productive here than where he is now.

Age, roster need, acquisition price.

There is no greater roster need than an infusion of offensive talent at forward. 

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Generally with you, but there's an important difference between Jon and those guys.

hes real good

i love fired up dudacek 

True, is Tuch that much worse? My guess would have been that itd be way harder to acquire Alex due to age and similar level of play 

Well, he's having a terrible season. 17 points in 42 games. 

15 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Tampa moved Foote and Vancouvers 1st for Coleman from NJ. Coleman's a nice 3rd liner but yikes...………..

Great haul for NJ.

39 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There is no greater roster need than an infusion of offensive talent at forward. 

Well, he's having a terrible season. 17 points in 42 games. 

Damn. I do think he is a promising offensive talent overall though. Buy low scenario?

13 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Great haul for NJ.

Damn. I do think he is a promising offensive talent overall though. Buy low scenario?

New Jersey got far more for their players today than I would have given up for either. Essentially two low firsts for a guy who’s never hit 40 points?

Tuch is a big body guy with skill who played with Eichel on the USNDP having a rough year being played in the wrong role. A perfect buy-low opportunity for us.

Edited by dudacek

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I’m getting sick of the types of players Botterill seems to focus on.

Look, nothing against Marchesseault, he’s a legit top 6 forward, but he is pushing 30, is 5’9” and won’t come cheap.

It just smacks of the Sheary and Vesey moves transferred to a larger canvas and if we trade Risto or Monty for him, I will be very upset.

If you’re talking to Vegas about a forward, talk Alex Tuch.

Plus Rob Ray will never be able to say his name right.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, WildCard said:

Nice get for them

Don't know much about coleman but seems TB overpaid in the trade.   They basically send their last years 1st rounder (foote)  and this years 1st rounder from vancouver  to New Jersey.   Was coleman that good to send 2 1st round picks away ? 

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Don't know much about coleman but seems TB overpaid in the trade.   They basically send their last years 1st rounder (foote)  and this years 1st rounder from vancouver  to New Jersey.   Was coleman that good to send 2 1st round picks away ? 

I didn't see the price at the point tbh. I think Tampa is well aware of their window though and wants that Cup this year before it closes 

Damn internal alarm clock has me getting up everyday at or near 5am, even the weekends and my days off. So, I stumble as quietly as I can out of bed, trying not to wake the Mrs. gather up the 3 pooches as best I can, make my way down stairs, feed them, let them out, brew my coffee and sit down to Jeremiah Johnson for an early morning movie.

While watching Redford stagger through the Rockies, I was over on HF reading the morning Leafs fans implosion posts from last night and checking in on any early morning trade potentials. As I sat here looking at that Tampa and New Jersey trade, it suddenly dawned on me, Coleman has played a great deal of center for the Devils. So I started looking up Tampa's center spine situation, game logs and so on.

Tampa runs Stamkos, Point, Parquette and Cerilli as their center spine most of the season. So, given some have mentioned Cerilli possibly moving, my question is this, Is the Coleman trade a precursor to a Cerilli trade? After reviewing their capfriendly page, I can see the reason they'd have to trade him if he's looking for a long term contract as opposed to a bridge deal.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Damn internal alarm clock has me getting up everyday at or near 5am, even the weekends and my days off. So, I stumble as quietly as I can out of bed, trying not to wake the Mrs. gather up the 3 pooches as best I can, make my way down stairs, feed them, let them out, brew my coffee and sit down to Jeremiah Johnson for an early morning movie.

While watching Redford stagger through the Rockies, I was over on HF reading the morning Leafs fans implosion posts from last night and checking in on any early morning trade potentials. As I sat here looking at that Tampa and New Jersey trade, it suddenly dawned on me, Coleman has played a great deal of center for the Devils. So I started looking up Tampa's center spine situation, game logs and so on.

Tampa runs Stamkos, Point, Parquette and Cerilli as their center spine most of the season. So, given some have mentioned Cerilli possibly moving, my question is this, Is the Coleman trade a precursor to a Cerilli trade? After reviewing their capfriendly page, I can see the reason they'd have to trade him if he's looking for a long term contract as opposed to a bridge deal.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

I haven’t looked at their cap implications but I thought they were tight up against the limit. You would think taking on Coleman would be a financial burden. I guess all of the teams are calculating the injury totals and using that for some wiggle room. Leafs broadcast was talking about all of their cap space, I thought they were maxed out.

If this is the case, the Sabres should have lots of space with their injuries.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t looked at their cap implications but I thought they were tight up against the limit. You would think taking on Coleman would be a financial burden. I guess all of the teams are calculating the injury totals and using that for some wiggle room. Leafs broadcast was talking about all of their cap space, I thought they were maxed out.

If this is the case, the Sabres should have lots of space with their injuries.

They have space to work with this year.  They're in the bottom half of the league in terms of cap hit.  It's the summer where they might have to play a few games as they have a handful of ELC contracts expiring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.