GDT: 11/16/19 Ottawa vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m., MSG, WGR550.

Claude Balls

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's a Sabre pastime to pass out of dangerous scoring areas. 

That might have been the first time a non Eichel line has come within a mile of scoring tonight. And it still wasn't that close

He gets the puck around 10-12 feet all alone and passes it to the point?  So many stupid decisions by him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

So Rob Ray says Dahlin has been benched since the Ennis goal....the only problem is that Dahlin was not on the ice when Ennis made it 2 -2.  Anybody else see anything as to why he was benched?  Did something happen in the 2nd period?

He fanned on a few pucks, but I didn't think he was having a bad game. I distinctly remember a couple of very nice defensive plays, a pass breakup in the slot that would have been a goal otherwise, and a gorgeous theft of a Senator forward. But Ralph must have seen something he didn't like 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

So Rob Ray says Dahlin has been benched since the Ennis goal....the only problem is that Dahlin was not on the ice when Ennis made it 2 -2.  Anybody else see anything as to why he was benched?  Did something happen in the 2nd period?

Reference a number of games this year where Dahlin does something boneheaded. This is a chance for him to think about some stuff before he sees the press box.

Edited by SABRES 0311

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He fanned on a few pucks, but I didn't think he was having a bad game. I distinctly remember a couple of very nice defensive plays, a pass breakup in the slot that would have been a goal otherwise, and a gorgeous theft of a Senator forward. But Ralph must have seen something he didn't like 

I saw those fans.  An Ottawa player fanned on a shot very shortly afterward in the same area.  I noticed, too, that the puck hit some snow or something over there after being shot into the Sabres' zone.  I think the ice is probably pretty crappy over in that area.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I thought he was actually playing better than he had been.

Just now, ... said:

I saw those fans.  An Ottawa player fan on a shot very shortly afterward in the same area.  I noticed, too, that the puck hit some snow or something over there after being shot into the Sabres' zone.  I think the ice is probably pretty crappy over in that area.

Sam has also done it at least twice, and he's very sure-handed. So I doubt that's why Ralph did it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.