Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

58 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Brock Nelson re signs with the Islanders, 6 years 6 million AAV 

That seems like an awful lot for a 27 year old 40-50 point guy. Like about a million too much. Bad news for Buffalo and Skinner?

11 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That seems like an awful lot for a 27 year old 40-50 point guy. Like about a million too much. Bad news for Buffalo and Skinner?

I think that is exactly the going rate for Nelson. 7-8% of the cap for a 45pt center seems pretty accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I think that is exactly the going rate for Nelson. 7-8% of the cap for a 45pt center seems pretty accurate. 

Yep. And that percentage will creep down over the next 6 years. He’s a bigger center that is defensively  responsible. And can play wing if need be. It’s a solid fair signing.

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Wonder where Karlsson goes. I never thought he'd re-sign with the Sharks honestly, always imagined him back on the East coast

My money is on Detroit

I personally like the narrative that he will go to the Rangers because they have Lundqvist or to Tampa because they have Hedman. I like the narrative because it defies all logic and is complete bs. 

I expect Karlsson to be a Ranger and I wouldn’t be surprised if Duchene joined him.

New Jersey, The Islanders, the Flyers, Chicago, Colorado, Florida and Vancouver have money to spend and the desire to spend it.

Carolina has a ton of space but may not spend it. So does Ottawa, but no big fish will go there.

Detroit isnt in a great position, but teams that want a player enough can and do create room. But I don’t see them putting together the winning package for EK.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I personally like the narrative that he will go to the Rangers because they have Lundqvist or to Tampa because they have Hedman. I like the narrative because it defies all logic and is complete bs. 

It has nothing to do with Lundqvist and everything to do with NY location, glamour and cap space.

I put this list together a month or more ago, so it may be outdated, but it’s a snapshot of what teams are looking at heading into the off-season. Teams that aren’t listed have enough space to do something, but not enough to spend wildly without making other moves:

The Sabres have (approximately) $28 million (based on an $82 million cap) to spend and no expensive restricted free agents to sign. Skinner is UFA

Other teams with enough money to do something silly:

Carolina $28 million, Aho to sign, Mrazek UFA

Chicago $21 million, no significant RFAs

Colorado $35 million, Rantanen to sign

Columbus $31 million, Werenski to sign, Bobrovsky, Panarin, Dzingel and Duchene UFA

Dallas $21, no significant RFAs, Zuccarello UFA

Florida $20, no significant RFAs

New Jersey $35, no significant RFAs

Islanders $24, Beauvillier RFA, Eberle, Lehner, Lee, Nelson UFAs

Rangers $20 million,  no significant RFAss

Ottawa $37 million, Ceci RFA

Philadelphia $34 million, Provorov and Sanheim RFAs

San Jose $23 million, Karlsson, Pavelski, Thornton, Nyquist UFA

Vancouver $28, Boeser RFA, Edler UFA

Teams potentially looking to free salary include:

Nashville $4, Simmonds UFA

Pittsburgh $2

Tampa $9, Point RFA, 4 defencemen UFA

Toronto $6, Marner, Kapanen Johnsson RFA, Gardiner, HainseyUFA

Vegas $1 million over the cap,Karlsson RFA

Washington $9 million, Burakovsky, Varana RFA,Connolly, Orpik, Hagelin UFA

Winnipeg $26 million, Laine, Connor, Trouba RFA, Myers, Hayes UFA

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wait... why? (At least on Tampa)

53 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Wonder where Karlsson goes. I never thought he'd re-sign with the Sharks honestly, always imagined him back on the East coast

My money is on Detroit

You’re definitely losing money.

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Wait... why? (At least on Tampa)

You’re definitely losing money.

Yzerman, young team with a need and money, famous for having swedes, historic franchise 

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I put this list together a month or more ago, so it may be outdated, but it’s a snapshot of what teams are looking at heading into the off-season. Teams that aren’t listed have enough space to do something, but not enough to spend wildly without making other moves:

The Sabres have (approximately) $28 million (based on an $82 million cap) to spend and no expensive restricted free agents to sign. Skinner is UFA

Islanders $24, Beauvillier RFA, Eberle, Lehner, Lee, Nelson UFAs

Bring Lehner back.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Yzerman, young team with a need and money, famous for having swedes, historic franchise 

You are describing Detroit now.  Yzerman is there, they are young, they are famous for the best Swedish defenseman ever, and they are historic.  

19 minutes ago, LTS said:

You are describing Detroit now.  Yzerman is there, they are young, they are famous for the best Swedish defenseman ever, and they are historic.  

Right? That was my intention lol

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't that be north coast?

Eastern conference = east coast in my simple sports mind

Just now, WildCard said:

Right? That was my intention lol

Eastern conference = east coast in my simple sports mind

Ahh, given the quote you answered talked about Tampa... It came across as though perhaps you didn't know Yzerman wasn't there.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:56 PM, millbank said:

Contrary to belief do root for Sabre’s . Admit to my Leaf bias . 

Honestly Mill you have to have the worst case of hockey manic depression combined with puck schizophrenia thru the two teams you root for.  On top of which the voices you hear from cross border  hatred... seriously dont know how you do it.