Sign in to follow this  
North Buffalo

OT Happy Father's Day

We rented an RV and went camping in Poconos.... at Jellystone Park at Birchwood lots of stuff for kids and easy on Dad... no missin pick a nick baskets but I get fed a pancake breakfast this am.. 

So Happy Father's Day to all you Dads

Son is home for the weekend.  We went out for beers last night. Was a nice evening.

Was hoping to fish this AM but the rain is still falling........ maybe I'll get a couple hours in before the extended family arrives for dinner.....

• Like (+1) 1

Little guys are sick today.  The three year old slept with wife and I and I woke to him puking all over me.  Wouldn’t trade it for the world.  Happy Father’s Day to all those out there living it.  Most exciting, rewarding, stressful, tiring commitment you will ever accomplish.  All worth it in the end.  Cheers.

• Like (+1) 2

Just saw a t-shirt saying Coffee, because my kids don't have an off switch.... yup

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

We had an educational morning. Junior has now learned how to play super Mario Bros! And Mario Kart on SNES. Off for a skate in an hour. Then beer time. Happy days.

Enjoy, Dads ...  they’re off on their own all too soon!  You have no greater value, or currency, or gift, then time.  Give it to them.  You cannot, later on.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 5

Update.... Father's Day will be OK.  Dragged the kayak to the lake in a steady rain and enough breeze to produce a nice chop.  And found some willing fish.  A couple meals worth..  Not bad for a soaking wet 90 minutes or so.

Came home soaked to the bone, shivering cold, and smiling.

Time for a Manhattan and a salute Dad's both here and passed.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 3

Enjoy them when ever they are with you, watch em grow, young, adolescent, teenager, doesn't matter. Teach em to ride a bike, to fish, to drive, to live life while we're making our plans.

Hug em, hold em, love em.

Best thing that ever happened to me even though it's a shaught ton of work.    

Breakfast at our local dinner courtesy of my youngest high school'er and an afternoon movie John Wick 3 with my wife and youngest.  Happy indeed.

Best wishes to all on SS for your Dads that were,  for those that are, and those that wanna be. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Skating lesson followed by hockey practice with the boy followed by a ridiculously awesome brunch (wagyu beef, NZ lamb, crab cakes, crab legs, etc, etc etc.) with the rest of my family including my father.  Taking the younger boy to swim practice in the morning.  They are getting too big too quickly. The older one tried to call shotgun on his mother today.  That didn't go well.  🙂

Edited by Let's Go B-Lo
  • Like (+1) 3

A little late, but happy belated father's day to all out there. 

And happy I'll never be a father day to me 🙂