Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Expansion draft is taking a defenseman. Keep Risto

If you can get a high caliber top 6 RW, you trade him and don't think twice about it. We have plenty of D men to handle the expansion draft, and who says they'll take a D man anyways. They could take a forward or...………...a goalie (looking at Ullmark here)

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If you can get a high caliber top 6 RW, you trade him and don't think twice about it. We have plenty of D men to handle the expansion draft, and who says they'll take a D man anyways. They could take a forward or...………...a goalie (looking at Ullmark here)

Why would Buffalo even expose him?   Or a better question is who else is worth protecting?  

10 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Why would Buffalo even expose him?   Or a better question is who else is worth protecting?  

Unless something drastic happens, i think Seattle would be nuts not pick off a dmen from us.

On offense, we can protect 7- Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Mittelstadt, Olofsson, then it becomes a bit of a wildcard after that but i'd guess Asplund and Thompson are the next two.

On defense we can only protect 3 from a list of - Dahlin, Jokiharju, Miller, Montour, Borgen, Risto, Pilut, McCabe.

Goalie you can protect one and since UPL is not eligible for this draft it's a easy decision to protect Ullmark.

1 hour ago, Reino23 said:

Unless something drastic happens, i think Seattle would be nuts not pick off a dmen from us.

On offense, we can protect 7- Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Mittelstadt, Olofsson, then it becomes a bit of a wildcard after that but i'd guess Asplund and Thompson are the next two.

On defense we can only protect 3 from a list of - Dahlin, Jokiharju, Miller, Montour, Borgen, Risto, Pilut, McCabe.

Goalie you can protect one and since UPL is not eligible for this draft it's a easy decision to protect Ullmark.

If that’s the way it goes I trade Ristolainen

protect Dahlin, Miller and Montour

the rest are expendable 

10 hours ago, ... said:

I would say ERod has his moments.  Vlad has his moments as well, but those are usually in the negative.  ERod's moments swing more toward the positive.  Vlad can hit, and actually does from time to time.  ERod doesn't hit.  ERod attempts to go to the net. Vlad, well that's not really on the menu.

Sobotka goes to the net.  He just usually doesn't get there unless the puck had gotten very deep.  But the primary issue is, in at least the last 2 games, even though he stands there, he is unable to keep his stick untied up.  Had he had control of it, he had a relatively easy goal by both Houses &  the BJ's.

He also has a tendency when he does manage to actually get a stick on a rebound to very efficiently shovel the puck into the goalie for a face off.  You know, his bread & butter, the face off. 

Why try to score when if you play the long game you can set your linemates up after that awesome 51% chance of having won that next face off. /sarcasm

22 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Rodrogues is better offense skillset.  Sobotka better on faceoffs, 50/50 pucks, wall battles, and dzone.

Had Sobotka actually been able to win a wall battle last night, the BJ's wouldn't have had a PP to get their 3rd goal because an exhausted Dahlin could've gone to the bench after the puck cleared the zone.

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just wait until we lose 2 in a row ??

Ugh. I mean, now Sobodka’s so bad they are giving the other team power plays for it. It’s ridiculous.

IIRC, Jack lost a pretty important board battle last game, too.

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ugh. I mean, now Sobodka’s so bad they are giving the other team power plays for it. It’s ridiculous.

IIRC, Jack lost a pretty important board battle last game, too.

Never!! Jack is a Saint ??

While I agree that Vlad isn't a superstar, it's what we've got now, and until we really start sucking I'm going to try my best to not nitpick too much. 

1 minute ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

What time does your flight leave?

October 30th ??

10 hours ago, Reino23 said:

100%.  Most of the early Mock Drafts I have seen show Miller as the consensus pick.  Note that McCabe will be a UFA that summer so not required to be protected. 

47 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

100%.  Most of the early Mock Drafts I have seen show Miller as the consensus pick.  Note that McCabe will be a UFA that summer so not required to be protected. 

***** I’ve liked the look of miller.  Really don’t want to lose him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

***** I’ve liked the look of miller.  Really don’t want to lose him.

Today, agreed.   But will you fell that way in June of 2021? 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

There's no way this is true

Vlad might be better in the defensive zone. Either way, over long periods of hockey, he winds up finding himself spending 75% of the time there, which is why his impact on team defensive metrics is bad, whereas when Evan is on the ice, the Sabres tend to be controlling the puck in the offensive zone, because of things he's capable of doing (again, shamelessly promoting the brief Rodrigues film breakdown I did this summer in the middle of my video project, highlighting these things and why they make his stats look that way), and so his defensive metrics look a lot better than Vlad's because opponents aren't taking shots against us in general during that time. 

Whichever of those you value more...

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.