Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Montour Injured

Recommended Posts

Awesome.  With no healthy D-men heading into TC, good luck trading for a 2C.  😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Carolina makes the ECF and Sabres D Men start dropping like flies 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Great Carolina makes the ECF and Sabres D Men start dropping like flies 

Deja .. Rue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

To quite a fine, not so young man: What did we do wrong?

Buffalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Great Carolina makes the ECF and Sabres D Men start dropping like flies 

They're losing D-men too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not a fan of risking our players in these meaningless tournaments.  Use prospects or something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These tournaments might be meaningless to you, but they are not meaningless.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’m not a fan of risking our players in these meaningless tournaments.  Use prospects or something.  

100% agree.  These tournaments are entertaining but if I were a player like Jack, I would decline to go.  Jack makes $10 million a year to play for the Sabres.  He is set for life, as will be his kids and grand kids.  His first loyalty is to the Sabres and the Pegulas.  If he goes to the tournament and gets another high ankle sprain (or worse) and misses a few months of the regular season, and the Sabres miss the playoffs AGAIN, what is the justification?  I'm surprised that there is not some clause in his contracts that prohibits his participating in tournaments like this.  Most contracts prohibit dangerous activities (e.g. motorcycles, skydiving), why not this?  I know I'm in the minority here, but if I owned the Sabres, it would be negligent of me not to protect my most expensive asset as best as I could. 

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tondas said:

100% agree.  These tournaments are entertaining but if I were a player like Jack, I would decline to go.  Jack makes $10 million a year to play for the Sabres.  He is set for life, as will be his kids and grand kids.  His first loyalty is to the Sabres and the Pegulas.  If he goes to the tournament and gets another high ankle sprain (or worse) and misses a few months of the regular season, and the Sabres miss the playoffs AGAIN, what is the justification?  I'm surprised that there is not some clause in his contracts that prohibits his participating in tournaments like this.  Most contracts prohibit dangerous activities (e.g. motorcycles, skydiving), why not this?  I know I'm in the minority here, but if I owned the Sabres, it would be negligent of me not to protect my most expensive asset as best as I could. 

You'll never get the NHL to stop allowing their players to play for their countries when their immediate obligations (read their team is out of the playoffs) to their NHL team is done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taro T said:

You'll never get the NHL to stop allowing their players to play for their countries when their immediate obligations (read their team is out of the playoffs) to their NHL team is done.

 

I put this on the player, not the NHL.  If Pegula pays me millions, I owe it to him to be able to play for the Sabres and not get injured in a summer tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

 

Well, that's not good. 

Hopefully it's more of a "few weeks" type deal than "a few months" like the 3 other injured players. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I owned a professional sports franchise I'd have a big problem with all star games and tournaments and an even bigger problem knowing there's not much you can do about keeping your players out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

 

Well, that turned out to be more significant then I expected. Yikes. Hopefully a sprain or something semi-minor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not usually this kind of guy but as a veteran it means a lot to me seeing the best of the nation wanting to support their country. We all play our part in creating the best country possible, even if it is just a hockey tournament 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thorny said:

 

Do people still want to trade Ristolainen even though that could lead to opening the season with Jake McCabe on his off hand or Casey Nelson on the top pair? I'm sure GMJB would get like 4 middling pieces for Ristolainen including a mediocre center, some cap dumps, and a conditional first round pick that might suit up for the Sabres by the time Eichel is 30.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...