Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

24 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The hit didn't look intentional to me. I don't get the uproar.

Wow. Now he didn't even try to hit him.

Everyone is delusional.

And the beat goes on.

I can't wait for the next time a Bill makes a hit like this and we will hear ad naseum how "he just can't make that hit",... "There is just no place for that in the game."

I've heard it my whole life.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Everyone is delusional.

And the beat goes on.

I can't wait for the next time a Bill makes a hit like this and we will hear ad naseum how "he just can't make that hit",... "There is just no place for that in the game."

I'm obviously referring to the helmet-to-helmet aspect of the hit.

It was a football play.    Those collisions happen.    Allen leaned forward head first while getting dragged down.    Maybe Jones could've turned more at an angle, but it's not like he came in head first.     Just a tough play all around.     Allen needs to protect himself better, Jones needs to maybe be more aware of the target, but I don't think it's a fine worthy play.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I'm obviously referring to the helmet-to-helmet aspect of the hit.

My point exactly. Somehow, whenever it's MFT we know that there was no intent.

Jones had his head up the entire play, targeted the head, then stood ever him taunting him. I know exactly what his intentions were.

Intent,

jebus, the ref can't even tell when someone jumps offside, and want them to judge intentions.

• Like (+1) 1

He looked to me like he was targeting the head the whole way. He figured “here’s our chance to take out their top player on offense,” and he did. Both Belichek and Brady have made statements that allude to backing this line of thinking. 

The taunting/gloating after the play only reinforces that he knew what he was doing, and did. Allen was already being tackled and on his way down - it was an unnecessary play - and these are the kinds of things that made me stop watching football for the last few years, until this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Everyone is delusional.

And the beat goes on.

Oh, the refs, the refs!

Any data to support this assertion? 

(Just kidding -- I know the answer.)

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

My point exactly. Somehow, whenever it's MFT we know that there was no intent.

Jones had his head up the entire play, targeted the head, then stood ever him taunting him. I know exactly what his intentions were.

Intent,

jebus, the ref can't even tell when someone jumps offside, and want them to judge intentions.

Take a look at where his arms are the entire time. That’s he perfect example of the problem the NFL has with these hits. He’s not trying to tackle, he’s trying to hurt. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think the biggest piece of evidence that indicates his intent is that he never changed his level. If he wanted to tackle Josh he should have lowered his level and hit him at the waist. Instead he came in high and stayed high.

• Like (+1) 2

With the Bills off to such a strong start, I don't think I have ever been less excited about a Sabres opener in the last 8 years. I don't know if it's because the Bills actually have a shot this year, or if it's the fact that this Sabres team looks to be total garbage again. How is it that no mater how many changes are made on this team, they keep going backwards? I really do think that they are going to have fewer points than last year and there is no possible way Botteril can survive that.....none. I think it would be a major accomplishment if this season wasn't buried by mid January. I really hope I am way off on this one......

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

With the Bills off to such a strong start, I don't think I have ever been less excited about a Sabres opener in the last 8 years. I don't know if it's because the Bills actually have a shot this year, or if it's the fact that this Sabres team looks to be total garbage again. How is it that no mater how many changes are made on this team, they keep going backwards? I really do think that they are going to have fewer points than last year and there is no possible way Botteril can survive that.....none. I think it would be a major accomplishment if this season wasn't buried by mid January. I really hope I am way off on this one......

Unless Botterill is finally going to gunsling Risto for a 2C or a very capable winger, I think we are looking at a wishy washy season again. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Unless Botterill is finally going to gunsling Risto for a 2C or a very capable winger, I think we are looking at a wishy washy season again. 

Unfortunately I highly doubt a top 6 forward is coming back.  There’s a reason all the national pundits have picked the Sabres to finish in the basement. 

9 minutes ago, freester said:

Unfortunately I highly doubt a top 6 forward is coming back.  There’s a reason all the national pundits have picked the Sabres to finish in the basement. 

Makes you wonder if he was overvaluing Risto, or just had cold feet from “losing” the ROR trade. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Makes you wonder if he was overvaluing Risto, or just had cold feet from “losing” the ROR trade. 

I think both are accurate. When you make one of the worst trades in NHL history I’m sure you get a little gun shy

5 hours ago, SDS said:

I think the biggest piece of evidence that indicates his intent is that he never changed his level. If he wanted to tackle Josh he should have lowered his level and hit him at the waist. Instead he came in high and stayed high.

Shouldn't he have also at least made an attempt to "wrap up" Allen?

After he pops him w/ his shoulder/ helmet/ whatever else it is clear as Allen hits the turf, his right hand (on the side he made contact with) is being shook right by his thigh in what seems to be (to this Homer at least) a "take that new meat" gesture.  Which had his intent had been to tackle him, rather than to separate him from Sunday, would've been rather difficult to do as that hand would've been wrapped around Josh. My 2 cents.

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Shouldn't he have also at least made an attempt to "wrap up" Allen?

After he pops him w/ his shoulder/ helmet/ whatever else it is clear as Allen hits the turf, his right hand (on the side he made contact with) is being shook right by his thigh in what seems to be (to this Homer at least) a "take that new meat" gesture.  Which had his intent had been to tackle him, rather than to separate him from Sunday, would've been rather difficult to do as that hand would've been wrapped around Josh. My 2 cents.

Shhh. It was Josh’s fault. Didn’t you hear every today saying that?

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope Josh can go.

First, if he plays and is OK, we have a good chance to win this game.

Second, it means Josh wasn't seriously hurt, and I don't wish any player to ever be seriously hurt.

Third, I don't want Josh to miss any games this season.  

The sooner he gets a substantial body of work under his belt, the better.

I don't want to be in Ryan Tannehill purgatory with this guy forever.  

Show us you can do it, or show us you can't so we can find someone who can.

• Like (+1) 1