GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

I am confident JBot sees all this and is measuring us year #2.  Unfortunately losing O Reilly really hurting us in games like these.  I know there were reasons he had to go but now we have to find a true #2. St Louis the clear winner of that trade so far.   Move Mitts to #3 and let him develop.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol he's fine. 

His mistake directly led to the penalty shot.  We excuse him but we get on Tennyson or Guhle for less.

2 hours ago, Beer said:

I agree.  He looked fine during the Boston game.  Based on comments, I was expecting much worse but he’s not been a liability.

I wonder if it was a Bogo situation:  He had lost a step due to injury but his surgery made him better.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

His mistake directly led to the penalty shot.  We excuse him but we get on Tennyson or Guhle for less.

Tenny and Guhle aren’t 18 yr old noobs playing more hockey than they’ve ever played in their lives...

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

All the talent in the world and he messes up a routine play.  Perspective.

.....on the other side of the planet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

And I'm starting to get tired of people excusing Dahlin's defensive gaffs.  Offense is great, but he's gotta play defense first.

The fan base has seemingly given Rasmus an infinite leash. I'm ok with him learning on the fly but this forum straight up ignores a half dozen ***** plays by him a game.  Eichel wasn't afforded that. Not sure why Dahlin is treated differently. Maybe winning games? 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Tenny and Guhle aren’t 18 yr old noobs playing more hockey than they’ve ever played in their lives...

.....on the other side of the planet.

So are we to turn a blind eye to Dahlin's gaffs? It's a problem if this team is concerned about winning night in and night out.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

All the talent in the world and he messes up a routine play and the other team scores the winning goal.  Perspective.

He's a kid and he's going to make a mistake now and again. It's part of the learning process. Only a big deal if he's still doing it 2-3 years from now.

Unless I missed it, I don't see you lambasting Reinhart for the feeble backcheck (lack of) attempt which resulted in their earlier goal. Perspective indeed.

For me, they lost their game after the Skinner takedown. To me this is shades of Miller/Lucic and needs to be addressed. If not, we will start seeing more and more teams taking it to us. Speed and skill will only work for you against that with a lethal PP and since we didn't have that, we needed to respond. If not the next shift, certainly when it was 4-2 or in the least after the empty net goal we should have been laying it on them. But, aside from Bogo, we got nothing in the physical department (Beaulieu maybe if he was playing).

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I have no doubt that Dahlin is going to be a great player, but we basically lost a game because of him tonight.

Hopefully when the D is healthy, Dahlin can get a little sheltered. He needs to learn where it won't end up in the back of the net all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I have no doubt that Dahlin is going to be a great player, but we basically lost a game because of him tonight.

No.  If you're willing to overlook the hilariously fluky nature of the first two goals, then perhaps chastise him for the penalty shot.  But there are many other culprits, beyond dumb luck, responsible for the result tonight.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

The fan base has seemingly given Rasmus an infinite leash. I'm ok with him learning on the fly but this forum straight up ignores a half dozen ***** plays by him a game.  Eichel wasn't afforded that. Not sure why Dahlin is treated differently. Maybe winning games? 

Who was it that said "winning is the great deodorant"? 

I think it's mostly that. 

Eichel was also more familiar with North American hockey having played a year in the NCAA. Dahlin is also 9 months younger. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, inkman said:

The fan base has seemingly given Rasmus an infinite leash. I'm ok with him learning on the fly but this forum straight up ignores a half dozen ***** plays by him a game.  Eichel wasn't afforded that. Not sure why Dahlin is treated differently. Maybe winning games? 

I'll say it. Move yer feet! Does he have not another gear in emergencies? (I'm also mad at Sam for dogging it on the first Panthers goal. One more stride and it doesn't happen.)

Hutton's starting to give up some goofy goals. If he comes completely back to earth, we're in trouble.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'll say it. Move yer feet! Does he have not another gear in emergencies? (I'm also mad at Sam for dogging it on the first Panthers goal. One more stride and it doesn't happen.)

Hutton's starting to give up some goofy goals. If he comes completely back to earth, we're in trouble.

Dahlin had a rough game tonight.

Disappointing turn of events, particularly in the 3rd period. 

Pommer looked totally concussed.  Hope he's OK.  I bet he's out for a little while though.

I just watched the game on record.... I haven't been this into and angry at a hockey game In a long time.. 

You cannot let their guy go after your top guy like that, considering it started because of a play on their top guy, inexcusable and it cost this team the game. 

He also should have gotten a 10 min misconduct as well 

2nd, I saw a ton of uncalled interference in the game yet the stripes are calling tiny "slashes" I'm not a fan, it seems to me that when the officiating is called geared towards a more playoff setting, we don't do well. We simply aren't physical enough to hold up. 

Guhle looks absolutley terrible, send him down, Thompson made the 4th line worse, put Erod back on it. 

Middle 6, will be the detriment of this team going forward, we need some aggressive changes, they started smothering our first line as the game went on. 

I don't blame this one on Hutton really, just some bad luck, some lack of skating and some brain dead decision especially in the D zone. 

Time to see this team regroup, if I'm the other teams in the league, I'm looking at this game and trying to replicate what Florida did, we played frustrated. 

And yes I'm still Fn pissed about the Yandle thing

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.