GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

Let's see if the Sabres can avenge their OT loss a couple weeks ago against the Panthers.  Buffalo is heating up again, taking 7 out of their last 8 points.  If they're a real playoff team they need to knock of middling teams like this.

The Panthers are beginning a four-game road trip. … Florida (12-13-6) is looking to gain ground in the Eastern Conference wild-card standings. … The Panthers are eight points out of a playoff spot. … Florida beat Buffalo in overtime, 3-2, at home on Nov. 30. … The Sabres (20-9-5) are coming off a 4-2 win over the Boston Bruins. … Buffalo has won three of its past four. … Jack Eichel leads the team with 45 points (14 goals, 31 assists). … Jeff Skinner has 35 points, (24 goals, 11 assists), while Sam Reinhart has 32 (eight goals, 24 assists).

48997536_1955208161194731_25498334612800

GO SABRES!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

This is one of those games we all get a tad nervous about, we know we should win, but, you never know. I hope this is one of those 4-1 games, would like to see Eichel with a point or two, but i would also like to see that 2nd line get some points tonight.

Glad it's not just me.  Remember when Tage Thompson was dominant for about 5 games and we all had a good laugh about ever doubting the Sabres had a good plan to develop him?  He still has six points total on the season!

The Sabres need secondary scoring.  These games are completely different when we're not just waiting for Jack's line to save the day.

Yeah. I really hope we're not looking ahead to revenge/doing better in Washington on Friday. We need to win this game, and ideally in regulation like we did against Boston on Sunday. It'd be nice to have a no stress win over a team we should beat.

We have back to back games this weekend (I'll be driving up Friday for Christmas and attending the Anaheim game with my sister on Sat), so winning this one easily and having some more time to rest before the weekend will help, especially with how banged up we are right now.

6 minutes ago, Robviously said:

Glad it's not just me.  Remember when Tage Thompson was dominant for about 5 games and we all had a good laugh about ever doubting the Sabres had a good plan to develop him?  He still has six points total on the season!

The Sabres need secondary scoring.  These games are completely different when we're not just waiting for Jack's line to save the day.

I honestly think Tage will start scoring again if they put him back with Middlestat and Okposo. I think that line isn't as good without him and he certainly hasn't been as good either. I'm sure Sheary would be unhappy to be demoted to the 3rd line though, and then maybe we end up with another Berglund situation.

2 minutes ago, sabills said:

Sobatka-Thompson-Pomminstein needs to die.

Pomminstein is way up there in SabreSpace awesomeness.  Very close to FUCALE!! on the awesome metre.

49 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Awesome!, love that pic... to quote my mom... kill em!

You mom sounds like a lovely woman.  We need her desperately whenever we play the dastardly duo.

+++++

Thanks to our lovely Doohickie for getting us going.  I was thinking about doing it when I was up at 6:00 AM (Halifax time, which is whatever it is whetever you are), but I had a client emergency to deal with and was on site at 5:00 AM (yes, Halifax time) and left my home at 4:00 AM (...).  

Anyway, NS reprting for duty.  Quite peckish, but here for now.  I plan to fully participate, I hope, in that greatest of all the great inventions of mankind ... the afternoon nap.  I may wake up tomorrow morning.

On to the important stuff.

This thread has been active for an hour and I have not seen (tee hee) one MUSTWIN!! yet.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

The Panthers are one of those good teams that seems to elevate their game against the Sabres.  I have no fear, thought, as some have expressed, which I do understand.

A big 6 - 2 win.  

Samson with 2 and in a very impressive show of awesomeness ... passes to Eich for the open net hattie.

Some other secondary guys will also score.  I think Sheary (only one 'n' Conor) is due.  Pville too.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Awesome!, love that pic... to quote my mom... kill em!

That pic was first posted by a former user, Yuri Olesha.  He had a flair for the dramatic.  Sometimes a little too dramatic.  For some reason I saved a copy to post in Panthers threads if I remember.

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres had a very tough time with Florida's top line last game, and Barkov -- who is an elite player -- outplayed Eichel.

Like the AZ game last week, this is a game the Sabres need to win if they are going to be a playoff team, and one that isn't just happy to be there.

Line combos:

LW C RW Forwards
Jonathan Huberdeau
Jonathan Huberdeau

Rating: 78.7#15 LW

Aleksander Barkov
Aleksander Barkov

Rating: 81.1#13 C

Mike Hoffman
Mike Hoffman

Rating: 76.1#24 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 78.65#11 FL1
Frank Vatrano
Frank Vatrano

Rating: 72.5#94 LW

Henrik Borgstrom
Henrik Borgstrom

Rating: 73.1#77 C

Evgenii Dadonov
Evgenii Dadonov

Rating: 79.3#11 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.97#15 FL2
Troy Brouwer
Troy Brouwer

Rating: 68.6#135 LW

Jared McCann
Jared McCann

Rating: 71.4#131 C

Denis Malgin
Denis Malgin

Rating: 72.4#72 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.76#25 FL3
Micheal Haley
Micheal Haley

Rating: 67.0#142 LW

Juho Lammikko
Juho Lammikko

Rating: 71.5#128 C

Jayce Hawryluk
Jayce Hawryluk

Rating: 73.4#52 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 70.63#11 FL4

Defensive Pairings Defense
Keith Yandle
Keith Yandle

Rating: 78.1#7 LD

Aaron Ekblad
Aaron Ekblad

Rating: 74.6#31 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 76.34#10 DL1
Michael Matheson
Michael Matheson

Rating: 72.6#61 LD

Mark Pysyk
Mark Pysyk

Rating: 70.8#79 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 71.71#22 DL2
Alex Petrovic
Alex Petrovic

Rating: 69.4#126 LD

MacKenzie Weegar
MacKenzie Weegar

Rating: 71.6#66 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 70.46

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That pic was first posted by a former user, Yuri Olesha.  He had a flair for the dramatic.  Sometimes a little too dramatic.  For some reason I saved a copy to post in Panthers threads if I remember.

Shout out to our dear friend Yuri.  He was a character that's for sure.  Stuck to his guns too.  Like what he had to say, or not, at least we should commend him for sticking to it.  GODD, too.

+++++

I think it is so awesome that Weegar has a regular roster spot on an NHL team.  Was a good soldier for the Mooseheads on their Memorial Cup run in 2013 (we are hosting this year) and drafted #206, or something like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.