GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

28 minutes ago, calti said:

hawerchuck also on that sabres team. 3 hall of famers same team. Hawerchuck had 96 points that yr.

The 92-93 Sabres team had 5 Hall of Famers play for them that season (LaFontaine, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk, Hasek, Fuhr) plus a possible 6th in Mogilny who may get in any year now.

Most important win of the season.  Second game of the back to back after a tough loss to the Cup champions against a divisional foe wanting our place in the standings with 4 D out to injury playing on very short rest and with the chaos from Berglund.  I’d say we have something special going on.  Even the crappy Boston announcers credited the Sabres and pointed out that we are getting better with each passing game. 

Any doubt left that Eichel is one of the top 10 players in the NHL.  That was one of the finest games I can remember from any Sabre ever.  No BS.  He was the best skater on the ice by a wide margin.  

Also is there any doubt left that Ullmark has what it takes to be a No.1 in this league?  So proud of the team.

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, inkman said:

We need to find our Hawerchuk

LT, the hope is that Mittelstadt becomes that.  Don't know if that ever happens, but that's the best bet for now.

Not sure whether Botterill will try to find that true 2C for this season, but depending upon how the Berglund suspension plays out, he may have the cap room to try to make something happen.

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Also is there any doubt left that Ullmark has what it takes to be a No.1 in this league?  So proud of the team.

Totally.  I think Ullmark showed us that when Hutton is ready to not be our number one he will be ready to take over.  

56 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Dahlin is sooo good already, as tonight's game exemplified.

How did the three stars shake out?

I'll add the caveat, that he is offensively, I still see about a half dozen gaffs in his own zone that make me cringe. He'll figure it out, just going to be a learning curve to get there.

54 minutes ago, ... said:

Totally.  I think Ullmark showed us that when Hutton is ready to not be our number one he will be ready to take over.  

Eh.  He's had his share of blowouts.  I want to see more consistency out of him before I name him King Linus.

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I'll add the caveat, that he is offensively, I still see about a half dozen gaffs in his own zone that make me cringe. He'll figure it out, just going to be a learning curve to get there.

Agreed.

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

1. Ullmark 2. Eichel 3. Skinner 

Is that from the Boston press?  If so, that's very impressive.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Eh.  He's had his share of blowouts.  I want to see more consistency out of him before I name him King Linus.

Agreed.

Is that from the Boston press?  If so, that's very impressive.

The Sabres had it on the Post Game Show And they usually use the home team three star selections 

My game notes:

-  That was the kind of win a team produces when it has a lot of heart.

-  Ullmark has had a few so-so games this year, but he's also had quite a few very-good-to-great ones.

-  Hunwick looked pretty decent.  Guhle a bit over his head but not a disaster or a Tennyson.

-  Howie needs to reshuffle the middle 6.

-  WTF is wrong with Bergy for not wanting to be a part of this? 

-  Zemgus and Larsson are both making strong bids for another NHL contract, either from the Sabres or elsewhere.  Good for them.

-  It's happening with Eichel.  Amazing.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

WTF is wrong with Bergy for not wanting to be a part of this? 

No kidding.

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

-  It's happening with Eichel.  Amazing.

Eich owned this game.  This is the kind of game that a Patrick Kane or a Crosby wins for his team.  We got one of them now too.  He's been very good his whole career but this year he's been phenomenal.

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I need more. This deserves a thread

Pacing for 46 points, second all-time behind Phil Housley’s 66 and ahead of Bobby Orr’s 41. Orr’s was in 61 games. Rasmus is already 15th on the all-time list in less than half a season .

The amazing thing is only 12 defencemen in NHL history have scored 20 points that young. 

The caveat is that list includes such luminaries as Rick Hampton and Jim Benning.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/player-age/18-year-old-nhl-defensemen.html

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Just finished watching the game on DVR.

Eichel is just starting to blossom into his full potential right now.  He can be absolutely dominant at times and it's fantastic to watch.  What a game he had tonight.

Our goaltending was superlative.  And Skinner is on pace for 50+; his goal scoring isn't going away!

And the empty net goal almost brought a tear to my eye.  Gus diving in front of the blast, sacrificing the body with the block...Reinhart then made a really nice play to get the puck up-ice and then over to Eichel....who buried the shot in the back of the net.  A real piece of teamwork.

These games lately have been FANTASTIC.

Really enjoyable game against the Caps and again today in Boston.  

The suffering is over; this is the fun part.

• Like (+1) 3

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.