GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

35 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Hmmmm... who’s the RW on that line?  asking for a friend... 

That 2nd goal against was due to Guhle coming to the bench late.  He started heading to the bench as the play moved to the benchside boards, but then stayed at the point watching the eventual goal scorer right until Bahstan got control.  As that happened, he headed to the bench & the D-man broke into the zone.  Reinhart tried to catch him but was a step behind.

Tough luck for Guhle.  He'll be smarter in that situation next time he's in it.

11 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I'll mention this as well:

Another multi point game for Samson tonight. He's a key part of the best 1st line we've had since the Frenchies

Ehh...I don't think so...LaFontaine, Mogilny and Andreychuk was something out of this world in '92-93...

Lafontaine had 40 points after 18 games and 100 by his 55th game...

Goal totals for the line mates that year?

LaFontaine 53, Andreychuck 54, Mogilny 76

But that's not taking anything away from these guys, they are fantastic...a little bit of a different era back then but those numbers were prodigious even back then...

Those 3 accounted for 54.6%(183) of the Sabres' 335 goals that year.  The Eichel/Skinner/Samson line has accounted for 43.8%(43) of the teams 105 goals this year...

In 1992-1993 they also played 84 games

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Here’s a question for you guys I know we have St. Louis #1 pick, do they keep this years pick and give us next years?

If they stay where they're at, I'd think they keep this years.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He's their 10th D-man.  At least he's better than Tennyson.

I think Pilut might be ready to be a contributor at the NHL level already...he has made several very nice plays in the offensive zone leading to goals...his defense has been a little shaky but overall he has played very well...sucks he is going to be out a while...

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Ehh...I don't think so...LaFontaine, Mogilny and Andreychuk was something out of this world in '92-93...

Lafontaine had 40 points after 18 games and 100 by his 55th game...

Goal totals for the line mates that year?

LaFontaine 53, Andreychuck 54, Mogilny 76

But that's not taking anything away from these guys, they are fantastic...a little bit of a different era back then but those numbers were prodigious even back then...

Those 3 accounted for 54.6%(183) of the Sabres' 335 goals that year.  The Eichel/Skinner/Samson line has accounted for 43.8%(43) of the teams 105 goals this year...

In 1992-1993 they also played 84 games

Fine. Good points and I stand corrected. 

I was also 4 years old that year so I think I get a pass

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Here’s a question for you guys I know we have St. Louis #1 pick, do they keep this years pick and give us next years?

Too soon to say. But STL gets to wait until after the lottery to decide which year's pick to give. So... if they win the lottery this year, we're getting next year's. If they get the 8th slot... that's when they have an interesting decision to make.

How cool is it that JBot didn't need to give up one of our firsts for Skinner?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I think Pilut might be ready to be a contributor at the NHL level already...he has made several very nice plays in the offensive zone leading to goals...his defense has been a little shaky but overall he has played very well...sucks he is going to be out a while...

Would agree.  He seems to be their 6th best D-man (5th should Scandella not return to form.)  But I'd rate their 7&8 each as a 6 and based on only a single game the 9 looks like a 6/7 as well.

4 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Fine. Good points and I stand corrected. 

I was also 4 years old that year so I think I get a pass

Dude, you really should go back and watch highlights from that year...they were phenomenal to watch...it was like the best game of the Eichel line every night the entire year

I thought Hunwick played well.  Steady   

Guhle had a good first game and should now move ahead of Tennyson on the depth chart.

I rank the defense like this (current ability, not potential):

Risto, Dahlin, McCabe, Bogo, Scandella, Beaulieu, Pilut, Nelson, Hunwick, Guhle, Tennyson

i see Pilut and Hunwick trending up in the rankings. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Guhle had a good first game and should now move ahead of Tennyson on the depth chart.

Risto, Dahlin, McCabe, Bogo, Scandella, Beaulieu, Pilut, Nelson, Hunwick, Guhle, Tennyson

It's very encouraging to see the Sabres have this many competent defensemen when they are needed for a game or two...and by competent I mean they don't puke all over themselves when they are on the ice...

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

It's very encouraging to see the Sabres have this many competent defensemen when they are needed for a game or two...and by competent I mean they don't puke all over themselves when they are on the ice...

Agreed its the best its been both ability and potential in some time, however I need to see Tennyson fall off the edge of that list. 

13 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Too soon to say. But STL gets to wait until after the lottery to decide which year's pick to give. So... if they win the lottery this year, we're getting next year's. If they get the 8th slot... that's when they have an interesting decision to make.

How cool is it that JBot didn't need to give up one of our firsts for Skinner?

giphy.gif

chances are the Blues tear it down after this season if they continue to stink. This year or next, we'll likely have a lottery pick.

8 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Agreed its the best its been both ability and potential in some time, however I need to see Tennyson fall off the edge of that list. 

Tennyson is 3rd pairing of their 2nd best lineup assembly.  There aren't many teams that can get through 5 pairings without the serious sphincter clench happening.  The Sabres are one of the few (finally).

The ONLY glaring hole on this roster is the one we knew would be there back around July 1 when THAT trade was made.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.