GDT - Sabres @ Panthers - November 30, 2018 - 7:00 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

The Sabres make their way acrost and down the state of Florida for a tilt with the Panthers.

Let's start a new streak guys.  We will see what these guys have on a back-to-back after a tough loss.

I would think that we shall see Ullie.

Not sure of TV, but I am sure it will be on a radio, or satellite, near you.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Haha (+1) 1

With our upcoming schedule (@Nashville, Toronto) this is a game we need to take advantage of. Florida is coming off a loss as well, and are 4-5-1 in their last 10. They last played on Wednesday at home against Anaheim, so they'll be more rested, but we're a much better team.

Edited by SabresBaltimore
not enough coffee yet
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

*****!! You beat me to it, were preparing a gdt to ?

Ill get the next one! 

Go sabres

Sorry, man.

I am up and at tit pretty early these days.  By 6:00 AM here, which is 5:00 AM in Buffalo.

Feel free to add what you were going to put in your opening post.

Thanks for bumping up your awesome video of your trip.  I plan to take a break today to watch it again.  No beer. though, but probably coffee.

I suppose it's a bit early for you to be ready.  In case you missed it, SDS has asked us very nicely to not bypass the bad word filter, by adjusting letters and such.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

what SabresBaltimore said about not enough coffee

5 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

With our upcoming schedule (@Nashville, Toronto) this is a game we need to take advantage of. Florida is coming off a loss as well, and are 4-5-1 in their last 10. They last played on Wednesday at home against Anaheim, so they'll be more rested, but we're a much better team.

Nashville lost last night to the hounds of the desert.  They will be pissed.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Nashville lost last night to the hounds of the desert.  They will be pissed.

Yeah, and we're still ahead of them in the standings, so they were going to have a similar motivation as the Bolts did last night. They are playing Chicago on Saturday before our Monday meetup.

Hopefully we stay focused on tonight's game and not the big games coming up next week..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sorry, man.

I am up and at tit pretty early these days.  By 6:00 AM here, which is 5:00 AM in Buffalo.

Feel free to add what you were going to put in your opening post.

Thanks for bumping up your awesome video of your trip.  I plan to take a break today to watch it again.  No beer. though, but probably coffee.

I suppose it's a bit early for you to be ready.  In case you missed it, SDS has asked us very nicely to not bypass the bad word filter, by adjusting letters and such.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Not that it's a bad word, but do you really need to stick it in SDS's face this early in the AM? Besides, I'm jealous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

FLA's line combos:

LW C RW Forwards
Evgeny Dadonov
Evgeny Dadonov

Rating: 78.7#16 LW

Aleksander Barkov
Aleksander Barkov

Rating: 81.0#14 C

Mike Hoffman
Mike Hoffman

Rating: 76.4#28 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 78.70#14 FL1
Jonathan Huberdeau
Jonathan Huberdeau

Rating: 77.1#24 LW

Jared McCann
Jared McCann

Rating: 71.7#125 C

Dryden Hunt
Dryden Hunt

Rating: 72.5#67 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 73.79#21 FL2
Frank Vatrano
Frank Vatrano

Rating: 72.6#96 LW

Nick Bjugstad
Nick Bjugstad

Rating: 72.8#90 C

Troy Brouwer
Troy Brouwer

Rating: 69.8#104 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.74#14 FL3
Micheal Haley
Micheal Haley

Rating: 68.8#133 LW

Juho Lammikko
Juho Lammikko

Rating: 73.1#75 C

Colton Sceviour
Colton Sceviour

Rating: 71.0#143 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 70.97#10 FL4

Defensive Pairings Defense
Michael Matheson
Michael Matheson

Rating: 73.3#44 LD

Aaron Ekblad
Aaron Ekblad

Rating: 74.3#29 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 73.84#18 DL1
Keith Yandle
Keith Yandle

Rating: 77.2#12 LD

Mark Pysyk
Mark Pysyk

Rating: 71.1#77 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 74.16#11 DL2
Bogdan Kiselevich
Bogdan Kiselevich

Rating: 72.1#65 LD

MacKenzie Weegar
MacKenzie Weegar

Rating: 70.8#83 RD

DL3 Rati

I feel bad for NS. After leading the Sabres to a 10th straight win and being the toast of SabreSpace, overnight he's been lambasted for his thread titles and even challenged to step aside. I am hearing that I am being told he spent a night of fitful sleep, tossing and turning with little demons faces coming in and out, and that he wrote a resignation letter this morning just before 5 Buffalo time. That letter has not been transmitted to SDS as of 9 a.m. Pennsylvania time. In a desperate attempt to hold on to power, he wrote a tepid, milquetoast thread title that might keep the beasts at bay for a bit. But now a new problem: people are saying he misappropriated funds from the GDT kitty. (I heard he's an accountant and would know what he's doing, but apparently slipped up.) A helicopter is said to be on its way to Halifax to whisk NS and his wife away to California. It's a damned shame. He's the best GDT title-writer this board ever had. He made us great again!

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

To finish off darks poem.........
Do you question the young children in the sorrow, 
      Why their tears are falling so ? 
The old man NS may weep for his to-morrow 
      Which is lost in Long Ago — 
The old tree in NS is leafless in the forest — 
   The old year is ending in the frost — 
The old wound, if stricken, is the sorest — 
   The old money he stole is hardest to be lost : 
But the young, young children, O my brothers, 
      Do you ask them why they stand 
Weeping sore before the bosoms of their mothers, 
      In our happy California ? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel bad for NS. After leading the Sabres to a 10th straight win and being the toast of SabreSpace, overnight he's been lambasted for his thread titles and even challenged to step aside. I am hearing that I am being told he spent a night of fitful sleep, tossing and turning with little demons faces coming in and out, and that he wrote a resignation letter this morning just before 5 Buffalo time. That letter has not been transmitted to SDS as of 9 a.m. Pennsylvania time. In a desperate attempt to hold on to power, he wrote a tepid, milquetoast thread title that might keep the beasts at bay for a bit. But now a new problem: people are saying he misappropriated funds from the GDT kitty. (I heard he's an accountant and would know what he's doing, but apparently slipped up.) A helicopter is said to be on its way to Halifax to whisk NS and his wife away to California. It's a damned shame. He's the best GDT title-writer this board ever had. He made us great again!

Thank you, good sir.  I'm fine.  No worries at all.  I, strangely, feel well rested after such a fitful night.  I even missed the game.  I got a bounce back notice on that letter.  Must have had one letter off.

My wife sends her best regards, but it's cold in California this morning.

Much Love,

NS

44 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Lo, and the children wept 

Fantastic.  I hope I didn't make them cry.

32 minutes ago, jsb said:
To finish off darks poem.........
Do you question the young children in the sorrow, 
      Why their tears are falling so ? 
The old man NS may weep for his to-morrow 
      Which is lost in Long Ago — 
The old tree in NS is leafless in the forest — 
   The old year is ending in the frost — 
The old wound, if stricken, is the sorest — 
   The old money he stole is hardest to be lost : 
But the young, young children, O my brothers, 
      Do you ask them why they stand 
Weeping sore before the bosoms of their mothers, 
      In our happy California ? 

Awesome!!

It's nice to see Pysyk on the second pairing.  Is that real, or just the state of the Panther roster.  I always liked him and thought of his as a good second pair guy eventually.

Also, very nice to see a Moosehead alum, Weegar, on the third pairing.  He was drafted in the 7th round in 2013 after playing a big role in Halifax winning the Memorial Cup that spring.  Good for him, as he has seemed to have found a home on the Panther blueline.

missing letters ...

I just want to see us continue to play at the same level as though the streak was still going and we knew we were playing one of the top teams in the league.  If they do that, they'll win.

But how much is left in the tank?  NHL should abolish back to back games and move to a more standardized schedule.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.