GDT: Sabres at Arizona 10/13/18, 9pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

This is the one team we could have played this game against and gotten a win. You're not going to have it every night. They need to regroup for the California teams.

That's fine. Get the points while you can, so when you develop as a team, you've given yourself a real shot to do something. Getting points in games you shouldn't is a very good sign.

Arizona's PDO before tonight was like 90%, and we see a lot of their puck luck woes tonight - they're the only reason the game wasn't a lopsided loss. They're going to be a fun, young, mistake-filled team this year. With plenty of promise. 3 shutouts in 4 games is rough though. 

I recall a Hinostroza debate this summer. He looked great. 

I thought this summed up Scandella's game and start to the season pretty well: 

The good news is, he started last year poorly as well and settled in quickly and effectively. 

It took us 9 games to get to 6 points last year. Nearly cut that in half. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Then WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE?  Serious Debbie Downer.  Just enjoy the win.  Forget the negatives.

Uh...

read the rest of the post you cherrypicked. I talk about how that's FINE, and how it's a GOOD sign that the team is getting points so early when so many young and new bodies are around. Excuse it with "you're not going to have it every night." And I've been posting about how it will help when the team has meshed. 

What are you on? 

Edited by Randall Flagg

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh just STFU and enjoy a shutout win.  Seriously, just STFU.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Nice. 

I mean, Doohickie's not wrong.  Scream into the wind all you may.  And it's possible you're right in the long term, but lamenting a 3-0 win is a weird take. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ullmark did look rusty to start, but they managed to control the early rebounds & he was better than solid the last 45 minutes.

Considering how much better this team will be in 2-3 months when the kids start to settle in, will absolutely take a win they probably don't get against 25 other teams.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doohickie said:

Margaritas.  And from now on, you're on Ignore.  It's not just tonight, it's all the time.  I just can't take your negativity anymore.

It must feel righteous to tell the whole world that you're going to ignore a poster.

This might be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me on here tbh and that includes being accused of touching children because I picked on Donald Trump 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I thought so too, but the replay looked good - it bounced down way in front of him. He had great timing on the tag up 

"Filthy"

37 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't like Risto in his current role. I will always like Risto on the hockey team 

34 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

"No you're right Dan." 

Hockey's back guys, it's really back ?

"This is the one team we could have played this game against and gotten a win. You're not going to have it every night. They need to regroup for the California teams.

That's fine. Get the points while you can, so when you develop as a team, you've given yourself a real shot to do something. Getting points in games you shouldn't is a very good sign.

Arizona's PDO before tonight was like 90%, and we see a lot of their puck luck woes tonight - they're the only reason the game wasn't a lopsided loss. They're going to be a fun, young, mistake-filled team this year. With plenty of promise. 3 shutouts in 4 games is rough though. 

The good news is, he started last year poorly as well and settled in quickly and effectively. 

It took us 9 games to get to 6 points last year. Nearly cut that in half. "

"Anywho, it took until October 30th to get our third win last year."

Look at this negative hoser

This is just the last page and a half, and I know I was criticizing their (objectively) poor play earlier, but Jesus Christ...And all of this after nothing remotely similar when Swamp and I were the only one not declaring the season over and throwing massive temper tantrums in the Boston GDT to start the season? 

Telling other posters to Shut the F*ck Up is the vibe we want instead 

Whatever, peace out fam 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

"Filthy"

"This is the one team we could have played this game against and gotten a win. You're not going to have it every night. They need to regroup for the California teams.

It took us 9 games to get to 6 points last year. Nearly cut that in half. "

"Anywho, it took until October 30th to get our third win last year."

Look at this negative hoser

This is just the last page and a half, and I know I was criticizing their (objectively) poor play earlier, but Jesus Christ...And all of this after nothing remotely similar when Swamp and I were the only one not declaring the season over and throwing massive temper tantrums in the Boston GDT to start the season? 

Telling other posters to Shut the F*ck Up is the vibe we want instead 

Whatever, peace out fam 

Hey, don’t sweat it man. Some people just ingest their entertainment differently. Sorry that it lead to confrontation. 

A few thoughts...

Very impressed with Dahlin in person.  What a player!  He looks like a savvy vet, and some of the little plays he makes are unreal at his age, he is special.

Skinner was the best skater on the ice.   He creates so much just by opening up and pivoting around guys.

Eichel looks fully committed, he was doing whatever it took to win the game.

ARI fans were impressed with Ullmark, he was stellar.   Does Phol ride the hot hand and give him he the start in Vegas? Prolly not, cuz Phil gonna Phil.

In general they gave ARI way too much time and space in the their own zone.   I don't understand why they play so passive in their own end... They need to attack the puck and close gaps... Just gave ARI way to much and it showed.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is the one team we could have played this game against and gotten a win. You're not going to have it every night. They need to regroup for the California teams.

It took us 9 games to get to 6 points last year. Nearly cut that in half. 

I don't know. This isn't the cheeriest of posts.

I read it as " We suck. We suck. And we suck,… but hey, we won. Terrific."

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.