GDT: Sabres at Arizona 10/13/18, 9pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I watched the home opener. They stayed with Boston the whole game, but had 4 key breakdowns, and the line that has all three players averaging like three points per game so far made them pay each time. 

In this game, if Arizona was Boston, they'd be up by 7 goals right now. But Arizona's riding a 90% PDO early on and we see why. 

Cant say i agree, Bruins was all over us at the opener, didnt see one good play that game and if it wasnt for hutton that game would have been 8-1 or worse, this game we played decent 2 periods and our pp is good. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t think Skins is getting the appreciation around here that he deserves so far. He holds on and tries to create and make plays, often seemingly on his own, because he’s usually skating with someone like Okposo who seems to be in la-la land. 

He just keeps grinding until he can make a play, shot, pass. I hope he and Mitts work out

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am not quite sure I can say that I have been too happy with any of the games we have played yet, wins or losses.

I think I may have expected just a lot more fancy play by some of these skilled players and I have not seen it yet.

Vegas was a legitimately good NHL game, IMO. Not a lot of scoring chances against, in control the whole time.

And right now, I'm happy to claw points out any way we can. This is the first season we really have potential for huge leaps from several players as it develops. Last year's Pouliot, Griffith, Nolan lineup did not offer that possibility. Between the eventual addition of 2-3 guys who look great in Rochester so far, the development of 37/72, and Dahlin, things should absolutely get better as the weeks melt away.

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

Cant say i agree, Bruins was all over us at the opener, didnt see one good play that game and if it wasnt for hutton that game would have been 8-1 or worse, this game we played decent 2 periods and our pp is good. 

I saw more open net looks for the Coyotes in a 30 second stretch that period than Boston got that whole game. Our offense has done a better finishing job but has created about two chances at even strength so far, where they hit a post and had a couple close one-timer robberies against Boston. The zone time and shot totals also show this IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.