GDT: Sabres at Arizona 10/13/18, 9pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I think this has been by far our worst game this season.

I am not quite sure I can say that I have been too happy with any of the games we have played yet, wins or losses.

I think I may have expected just a lot more fancy play by some of these skilled players and I have not seen it yet.

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am not quite sure I can say that I have been too happy with any of the games we have played yet, wins or losses.

I think I may have expected just a lot more fancy play by some of these skilled players and I have not seen it yet.

Guess u didnt watch the home opener then

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think this has been by far our worst game this season.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I watched the home opener. They stayed with Boston the whole game, but had 4 key breakdowns, and the line that has all three players averaging like three points per game so far made them pay each time. 

In this game, if Arizona was Boston, they'd be up by 7 goals right now. But Arizona's riding a 90% PDO early on and we see why. 

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Skinner gets his stick on alot of pucks and wins alot of one on one battles. I like him

I don’t think Skins is getting the appreciation around here that he deserves so far. He holds on and tries to create and make plays, often seemingly on his own, because he’s usually skating with someone like Okposo who seems to be in la-la land. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

All 4 lines are having some bad breakdowns, but 2 of them are also getting consistent, team-based offensive zone time with effective cycles and passing. Lines 1 and 4. I understand that ERod comes with high event hockey both ways, but so does everyone else tonight. We need to find a way to get the ERod line on the ice more, don't switch thigns around, just treat them as "line 2" the rest of the night. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.