GDT NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres at KBC 7pm ET MSG TV and WGR 550 AM

jsb

1 minute ago, ... said:

I think I like any combination you two have offered and agree HCPH doesn't want an all-youth line.  That is where HCPH starts losing me and I wish we had a more aggressive, adventurous coach.

This is the feeling I’m starting to get as well. Seems like he’d rather be “safe” instead of seeking a “spark.” The Dahlin debate supports this, if he’s telling Dahlin to not run. 

If the lines falter early on in the game, I’m curious to see how long it takes him to make adjustments. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ... said:

This.  I think the last few preseason games and against the Bruins Dahlin has been "held back".  Not sure if it's coaching or if it's Dahlin himself surveying the league.  I recall seeing him go toward the Bruin's net once during that game.  

His defensive decisions are solid, it seems, except when he makes an error with the puck.  I think some of it has to do with ice surface and Dahlin needing to get used to it.  There's one analysis of his game I read or saw, can't remember, where it was noted that after he gets the puck, he doesn't look at it.  I wonder if the smaller surface combined with the more aggressive play of the league chews up the ice surface and this is getting in the way of what Dahlin is used to doing.

My guess would be it's Dahlin himself showing restraint. I think he's the smartest player on our team.

I looked like he wanted to get a feel for what he could pull off in the preseason, and realized he's going to have to take it up another notch for his tricks to work in the NHL. He looked to be playing conservative the other night... but just wait until he see some open ice or a defender on their heels.

I couldn't be more impressed with this kid.

Boys and girls, its time to relive our moment together - from one exact moment in this video and forward, link is created from a specific moment

Its time to get fkn hyped Forward to 20 minutes and 0 secondsLET'S GO

Or this link if it says u cant watch, just copy paste the link below and it should work for you, still need to forward video to 20 minutes and 0 seconds, ish.

https://eu0.proxysite.com/process.php?d=eweIUdEKov26k0MpoAO0HfPEAWKGv7zVPtyQppnA64EjXD%2FXvXZMD7FbzjpFOrW3CLKmccEFl%2BYhkGn%2Fl6RLzX0AFBRoaBJih8%2FqKRQ0EvKMT30iGLY8%2FP7OHV7w&b=6

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

My guess would be it's Dahlin himself showing restraint. I think he's the smartest player on our team.

I looked like he wanted to get a feel for what he could pull off in the preseason, and realized he's going to have to take it up another notch for his tricks to work in the NHL. He looked to be playing conservative the other night... but just wait until he see some open ice or a defender on their heels.

I couldn't be more impressed with this kid.

One REAL little thing he did Saturday that impressed me was that as he was going off the ice for a line change while Ristolainen had the puck, from Risto's perspective it would've looked like he was joining the rush & uncovered by a Bruin (& thus a target for a pass), but he waived "no" at Risto & then continued up ice towards the bench & Risto held the puck.

It was little but it avoided a turnover while the game was still 1-0.  Not sure I've seen a guy tell someone on the ice that explicitly that he was heading off before.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

One REAL little thing he did Saturday that impressed me was that as he was going off the ice for a line change while Ristolainen had the puck, from Risto's perspective it would've looked like he was joining the rush & uncovered by a Bruin (& thus a target for a pass), but he waived "no" at Risto & then continued up ice towards the bench & Risto held the puck.

It was little but it avoided a turnover while the game was still 1-0.  Not sure I've seen a guy tell someone on the ice that explicitly that he was heading off before.

Video?

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No clue as to whether it was on the TV broadcast or not.  Noticed it while at the game.  Was probably at the end of his 3rd or 4th shift in the 1st.

Taro, come on.. hype the fk up! ? its right up above this reply

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No clue as to whether it was on the TV broadcast or not.  Noticed it while at the game.  Was probably at the end of his 3rd or 4th shift in the 1st.

I saw this too. It was in the 1st. 

He also did a little thing in the 3rd that nobody seemed to notice. As a Bruin was entering the zone, Dahlin choked up on his stick and made a weak attempt at a poke check. I assumed he was trying to fake out the Bruin into thinking he had more room to stickhandle with. Then, Dahlin quickly slid his stick to normal hand positioning and tried another poke check. 

It was so fast, and so minor, and nothing came of it. I was still impressed. 

7 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I fear the post-game interview if our guys get bounced out of the building again. That crowd is going to be even more unforgiving until that first goal goes into the net. And it better not be when it's five to nothing already.

That reminds me, I have to go to Stubhub and lower my price again on these tickets for tonight

Sold ours yesterday, surprisingly i didnt lise money, actually made some...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.