GDT NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres at KBC 7pm ET MSG TV and WGR 550 AM

jsb

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Haven’t seen anything really negative or positive from him. I’m sure he’ll be around.

Weak play there from Eichel. Just lazily skated to the corner with Sheary instead of taking the open ice to set up a one-timer.

Saw that as well by Eichel, Sheary had his man beat, it would have been nice opportunity. 

We won a period!

Who I liked in the first period:

Sheary and Skinner showing speed. Elie toughness and smarts on the PK. Rodrigues. Hutton VERY strong. Mittelstadt another strong start. McCabe looking good.

Who I DIDN’T like:

Eichel still, as PA said it, looks off. Risto a few lazy decisions but the apple was nice. Nelson not having a strong night on the puck. Ray and RJ struggling. Neither knows how to say Sheary’s name. Missed the obvious too many men call. RJ missed a penalty call and had to be corrected a few times by Rayzor.

Edited by Hoss

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Drew Stafford?

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... a long time. Yes... That makes sense. The type of guy who has size but doesn't know how to use it consistently. Then, he'll bury one of his amazing shots and be all-in for a couple weeks. Slowly, he buys into his own success... and is lost again. Then we don't see him for a couple weeks.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

We won a period!

Who I liked in the first period:

Sheary and Skinner showing speed. Elie toughness and smarts on the PK. Rodrigues. Hutton VERY strong. Mittelstadt another strong start. McCabe looking good.

Who I DIDN’T like:

Eichel still, as PA said it, looks off. Risto a few lazy decisions but the apple was nice. Nelson not having a strong night on the puck. Ray and RJ struggling. Neither knows how to say Sheary’s name or Elie’s. Missed the obvious too many men call. RJ missed a penalty call and had to be corrected a few times by Rayzor.

Duffer is calling him “Sherry” too. Biron saying “Sheery.”

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Agree. He's not engaging puck battles and he hasn't used his shiftiness we've seen in the past.

Injury unreported perhaps?

Prior to the season he actually missed practice with an unspecified injury. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Skinner may have had the play of the period in selling that penalty. I knew of his figure skating skills, but not of his acting skills. 

As i mentioned in another thread, Elie was a fan favorite in just one season in Dallas. Seeing why. 

Ask True about his diving skills.

Also Nylander has two assists tonight in Rochester 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.