GDT NY Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres at KBC 7pm ET MSG TV and WGR 550 AM

jsb

Just now, WildCard said:

Fair point. Still we out shot the bruins by 1 shot iirc, not 14 

I don't expect us to be a good possession team yet either, for the record. 

But as we all predicted, keeping Skinner on his own line with guys who may not drive it themselves may mean good things in this regard going forward. He had so many more chances than in game 1, and had the puck on his stick a lot more

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This thread quickly went beyond my pay grade.

I mean, I hope the team is ... better. Good?

All I'm saying is that the teams were shooting the pucks evenly until the third was under way and we had the 2 goal lead, which is a common occurrence - the leading team going into a bit of a shell. So while it's not good to allow a lot of shots and to get outshot, we were not continuously out-shot and out-possessed, it all happened at the end. Since this is common, many people throw away game situations like the end of the 3rd period for us last night when looking at possession stats - that's "score-adjusting."

To give an example of it happening elsewhere, I showed the results from the Bruins game - an even game shot-attempt-wise until the 3rd when they sat on their lead just like we sat on ours. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Has anyone score-adjusted the shot attempts, and then let the sample size rise to about 20 games?

If not, stop wringin' yo hands and enjoy the win.

I'm drunk right now, but I might love you.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't expect us to be a good possession team yet either, for the record. 

But as we all predicted, keeping Skinner on his own line with guys who may not drive it themselves may mean good things in this regard going forward. He had so many more chances than in game 1, and had the puck on his stick a lot more

Saw him make some beautiful plays in the game recap.   Its why I think him and Reinhart would make an excellent line on their own.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.