Prospect Challenge

GASabresIUFAN

Was hoping to be more impressed by Guhle, Pilut, and Nylander.  None of those three looked to me like they belonged at the next level like Casey, Tage, and Rasmus did.

Casey looked like a good center prospect, but his line was 3 guys playing by themselves.  That can't happen once the regular season begins.

Poor Mitts needs to reset and calm down; he's playing enraged to the point he can't properly function. 

Boston's players were mugging Sabres without any calls at times. Dahlin and Mitts were interfered with at least 5 times each without calls.

Dahlin was high-sticked at the end of the game

Glad to see them outshoot them though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Need to get our franchise playing like a team at all levels - right now it feels like our whole organization does what we've describes.

It's almost like after being on the property for 24 hours, the "Sabres-way" seeped into their DNA.

• Like (+1) 1

Fun night because the arena was buzzing. It's just too bad the Sabres werent able to preform like they did on Friday. One play that stood out to me is in the final minutes, Alex Nylander steals the puck from a Bruins player trying to skate out, turns and fires the shot just wide. Wouldn't been without question the best thing he's done since being drafted by the Sabres. He's impressed me a lot these last two days.

While the Sabres were disappointing, i should point out that the Bruins goalie Dan Vladar was outstanding. Despite the score, i felt like the Sabres had outplayed Boston for majority of the night.

I've said it multiple times since development camp, but i love Pekar's game. The kid has all the "compete" in the world and literally mixes it up every shift he's on. He has skill too. He made a few poor turnovers, including two on one play, he will need to polish that off when he goes to the OHL, but this guy has very promising potential imo.

7 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Fun night because the arena was buzzing. It's just too bad the Sabres werent able to preform like they did on Friday. One play that stood out to me is in the final minutes, Alex Nylander steals the puck from a Bruins player trying to skate out, turns and fires the shot just wide. Wouldn't been without question the best thing he's done since being drafted by the Sabres. He's impressed me a lot these last two days.

Did the goalie make the save on that play? The face off was in the zone afterwards, so Nylander must of hit him with the shot before it went out of play 

50 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Anyone know if there's a radio stream of the game today? WGR insists on running Bills coverage all day and you can only call in and say "Nate Peterman is not an NFL starter" so many times.

ESPN 1520, it’s also on the radio.com app.

Dahlin, Borgen and Guhle among the healthy scratches today. 

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

ESPN 1520, it’s also on the radio.com app.

Dahlin, Borgen and Guhle among the healthy scratches today. 

Thank you!

Agree with the decision to sit Dahlin and Guhle...We've seen what they can do, no reason to risk injury at this point with training camp in 4 days.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Thank you!

Agree with the decision to sit Dahlin and Guhle...We've seen what they can do, no reason to risk injury at this point with training camp in 4 days.

I wasn't able to watch Friday or Saturday.  I was really looking forward to seeing them today.  But yeah, it makes sense for the team to do what it's doing.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Thank you!

I wasn't able to watch Friday or Saturday.  I was really looking forward to seeing them today.  

Wow.  Pekar, Thompson, Ullmark, and Lukkonen are out too.

On a fun note, my stream hiccupped exactly on the words "gallantly streaming."

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.