Prospect Challenge

GASabresIUFAN

36 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I agree but....I think the people he's talking about when he mentions "whipping boy" are the ones that expect him to be a 1st liner. However, isn't that where we're at with Sam?

Think about the way people dumped on Vanek, or Roy, or Connolly.

All very good players who just weren’t good enough for some people because they were lacking in certain areas (or made sour faces, or put their hands in unfortunate places).

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If you're reading the right post it talks about someone posting under a different name...like what seems to happening here with inkman

I'm guessing it's the same guy.  Both usernames were created within the last couple weeks and he's claiming to do exactly what is being done here.

Let's see if Nylander can maintain his upward trajectory through camp and pre-season.    It's a step in the right direction.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about him should he live up to his draft day hype and become a regular contributor.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Those are first line stats these days.

And I think given his shakey start, at his point most us would be happy to get anything at all out of Nylander.

But if he does make it, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that wear off quickly.

Ironically, if he's a 60 point floater then I'll be thrilled - I'm softer on guys who score a lot but infuriate people (Derek Roy etc) than most fans are

The clue is in the even randomer thread.  The fake inkman has been banned.  It was fun while it very briefly lasted, and inkman was in on it as of two hours ago when I texted him.

Just some harmless off-season fun.

PS:  Ink, thanks for being a good sport about it!

Edited by Eleven

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

The clue is in the even randomer thread.  The fake inkman has been banned.  It was fun while it very briefly lasted, and inkman was in on it as of two hours ago when I texted him.

Just some harmless off-season fun.

PS:  Ink, thanks for being a good sport about it!

How did this name option not wind up being used in that old thread where we renamed a bunch of users (Weave --> We've, TrueBluePHD --> TrueBlueGED)?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.